Dog with large pea-sized sebaceous cyst on neck

by Karen

My dog has had a large pea-sized sebaceous cyst on her neck which, when squeezed every two weeks, pops out a harden small piece of pus the size of a little pea, then when squeezed again expels the remaining pus.

I've used homeopathy for about 17 years but this one is stubborn. I've used 3 pellets of Hepar Sulph 30C and Calc Sulph 30C alternately 2 times per day for two weeks then waited and did not get results.

Should I have given this for 4 weeks and then waited for results?

My next choice is Silicea 30C. Can you tell me how much, how often and how long to wait for results? Should I repeat the Hepar & Calc for a longer period of time before choosing the Silicea?

Background: German Shepherd, 72 pounds, 5 year old, spayed female, one initial vaccination only of parvo, distemp, rabies then treated with Thuja, Sulphur and Lyssin accordingly. Detoxed with herbs several times per year. My dog has been on raw whole food and supplements her whole life and is lean and muscled and works out daily.

Thank you!

Comments for Dog with large pea-sized sebaceous cyst on neck

My Online Vet Response for: Dog with large pea-sized sebaceous cyst on neck

Hi Karen,
Regarding localized lesions, with no other symptoms (rare, strange or peculiar) to prescribe a 'well selected' remedy, I advise you try a single remedy, high potency, 200c or 1M, Sulphur.

Give ONLY ONE dose. Wait 3 weeks. Do not squeeze it out.

If no response (it does not burst open and drain, it does not shrink, it just remains the same), then give ONE dose of Silicea 200c or 1M.

In some cases with these external lesions that appear, but the rest of the body is healthy, it may just be a matter of a 'clogged' oil gland, not a sign of chronic disease, and may need to be surgically removed.

Response to suggested treatment
by: Karen

Thank you so much Dr. Tillman!
This is just what I needed!
I'll let you know which one works!