Dog Wart Under Jaw

by Adrienne
(Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

Dog Wart Under Jaw

Dog Wart Under Jaw

Dog Wart Under Jaw
he's the one on the right, my boyfriend's dog on the left.

My dog, a 3 yr old puggle has recently developed a wart under his jaw. I didn't think it was a cause for concern, but I feel like it has grown.

I would rather not have to make a costly vet trip, if you could give me some advice that would be great.

I also am going to be living with my boyfriend's dog very soon as well, and he is a 3 yr old Doberman/Boxer mix.. will this be contagious?

Thank you,

Comments for Dog Wart Under Jaw

My Online Vet Response for: Dog Wart Under Jaw

Hi Adrienne,

Your Puggle is SO cute!! The wart is NOT contagious. At three years of age the appearance of this wart indicates a condition in holistic medicine called, 'vaccinosis' caused by vaccinations.

In holistic, (or wholistic,) medicine, it is best to treat the WHOLE patient, not just the wart. Therefore, EVERYTHING needs to be addressed:

1. Diet-a RAW diet is best. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options

2. Avoidance of vaccines- a holistic veterinarian can write an exemption form for you, Click here to find a holistic veterinarian in your area. Another resource for vets knowledgeable in homeopathy is

3. Avoidance of toxins, Try using all natural flea/tick preventative - Wondercide

4. Immune system supplements may need to be considered. 1. Missing Link Canine Formula

5. Topically you can use , a homeopathic preparation derived from the white cedar tree. Can be purchased online. Apply one time daily to the wart for 3-6 weeks.

Also, if the two dogs, (your Puggle and your boyfriend's dog) are apprehensive together, you might consider using Rescue Remedy to help calm any high strung nerves!

- Dog Warts
- Dog Skin Conditions