Dog Wart or Not?

by Adria Gloude
(Watertown, NY)

My dog has this red bump on her ear. Is it a wart? Before it had a scab as if she scratched it and made it bleed, but now it is just big, red and out there.

Comments for Dog Wart or Not?

My Online Vet Response for: Dog Wart or Not?

Hi Adria,
From the photo and very little history, it looks more like a histiocytoma, or possibly a mast cell tumor.

Histiocytomas are growths found in dogs between the ages of 6 months to 2 years.

Mast cell tumors are found in older dogs, over 2 years of age.

A benign wart does NOT start off with a scab and grow that rapidly.

I would suggest you seek the help of a holistic veterinarian for differentiating what it could be, also your dog needs some good support for the immune system, and NO MORE VACCINATIONS!

Following are a few good immune supplementation options:

P.S. If you've found this service or our web site helpful, please "Like" us
by clicking the like button at the top of the left
. Thank you!

Did you take he / she to the vet?

My 7 month puppy has the same thing . Did you take her to the vet .? If so what did they tell you? & did it go away?

Adria has not responded regarding her dog's response to my suggestions. If you have a question regarding your 7 month old dog, perhaps you would like to subscribe and submit some photos?

I am happy to help, but we only accept new questions from subscribers (the original question above was from a subscriber).