Dog Wart on Leg Not Changing in Size, Color or Shape

by Mike Dahlin
(San Francisco)

Wart on front left leg - see arrow

Wart on front left leg - see arrow

I first noticed this ‘wart’ on my dog's front left leg about three weeks ago but didn’t do anything about it until now. It has not changed in size, color or shape since I’ve noticed it.

I thought that to be safe, I should check with a vet.

Cooper is a Bluetick Coonhound, German Shorthair Pointer rescue that I’ve had since he was a puppy and he’s 10 years old.

Comments for Dog Wart on Leg Not Changing in Size, Color or Shape

My Online Vet Response for: Dog Wart on Leg not Changing in Size, Color, or Shape

June 10, 2013

Hi Mike,

After looking at the photos of the wart, it's clear that this is a benign growth, See our page on dog warts to learn more, Dog Warts- types and Treatments

If this is Cooper's only problem at 10 years of age, then he is doing VERY well!! I suggest giving him FEW or NO more vaccinations, you can contact a holistic veterinarian for an exemption form.

Feed him a nutritious diet, see our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, 10 Best Dog Food Options, and consider feeding him a RAW diet.

As for the wart itself, use this. The ointment should be applied 1 time daily for 3-6 weeks. In some cases, with a strong vital force, the wart should shrink and/or fall off.

In other cases, you may need to prescribe an oral homeopathic remedy for the constitution of the patient.

- Dog Warts
- Dog Skin Conditions

My Online Vet Response for: Dog Wart on Leg Not Changing in Size, Color or Shape

June 6, 2015

Dear Alecia,
The previous post was from 2 years ago, and the subscriber has not sent an update. Regarding warts in dogs, you wrote,

"It happens mostly in the case of german breed dogs. It might be due the climate conditions in your place. I made an full time research on it and wrote best thesis writing services on wart and its remedies in my personal blog"

German Breed dogs are no more susceptible to warts than any other breed. And the dog in question, is a mix Bluetick Coonhound and German Shorthair Pointer. Nor is it due to climate conditions.

See this page,
http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/dog-warts.html