Dog Vomiting Blood

by Darlene
(Fallon, NV, USA)

My dog is about a 70lb Pit Bull and if not vomiting blood he is drooling blood. He can't eat or drink, and he is so weak that he can't get up on all fours. He also is very shaky.

We think he has been like this for the last 4 days.

Comments for Dog Vomiting Blood

My Online Vet Response for Dog Vomiting Blood

Hi Darlene,
Please take your dog in to a vet emergency clinic as soon as possible. I realize that some clinics may have been closed for the past 4 days due to Nevada Day falling on a Sunday, so both Friday, and today, November 1, were considered holidays.

Blood loss from vomiting and drooling may indicate ulceration of the stomach lining from giving non-steroid anti-inflammatories such as Excedrin, Tylenol, or other aspirin products. It may also indicate poisoning from eating rat poison, which causes hemorrhaging. You need to take him in to Reno (if there is no emergency facility in Fallon) TONIGHT!

Hopefully, you have already done so. An online veterinarian is not the answer for treatment of acute emergencies, such as trauma, poisonings, blood loss, breathing difficulties or heart conditions, when hours or even minutes count, and may mean the difference between life and death.

- Dog Vomiting,
- Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Vomiting Section

my dog i just noticed been NEW

getting sick evrey other day, was concidering pepcid, now i noticed a trace of blood in his through up. he does eat and drink and chew his bones. i got him a year ago and i have had nothing but issues with trying to feed him.