Dog skin lesions on leg, chest and underside that start with a white crust on top & come and go (Part 2)

by Gina F.
(Guaynabo, Puerto Rico)

In response to my original question "Dog skin lesions on leg, chest and underside that start with a white crust on top & come and go"

Regarding Dr. Carol Jean Tillman's Plan:
1. He has a bed to lay on which he uses at night but during the day he mostly lays on tile floor which is what we had in our last home.

2. He has been on Raw diet since I got him at 2 month old. I feed him 1 lb of raw meat a day different protein everyday. I also use Sojos original and grain free to add grains and fruit n veggies and will add fresh fruits and veggies from the local farmer market also. To his diet I also supplement with Missing Link.

3. I have not vaccinated him since he was 1 years old.

And unfortunately I live in Puerto Rico and don't have access to a Holistic vet.

Today I found some red bumps in between his toes as well, in three different paws. Could this be related?

Comments for Dog skin lesions on leg, chest and underside that start with a white crust on top & come and go (Part 2)

My Online Vet Response For: Dog skin lesions on leg, chest and underside that start with a white crust on top & come and go (Part 2)

Hi Gina,
It sounds like you have taken excellent care of your dog! Raw diet balanced with fruits and vegetables mixed with Sojos original plus Missing Link. He has a soft bed to lay on at night, with no excessive amount of time on hard surfaces. And minimal vaccinations!

In the photos you sent, the small red lesions between his toes indicate mild interdigital dermatitis. It is considered a symptom of 'chronic' disease. Not necessarily anything contagious, although if you took a culture there may be yeast or bacteria present, the same as the rest of his lesions, on elbows, chest and underside, but this did NOT cause the problem.

According to homeopathic principles, this is an indication of a 'mistunement' in his life force, contributing to illness. Homeopathic remedies are needed to address the problem, since you have already provided him with a healthy diet, clean environment, and lots of love!

He really needs a homeopathic constitutional remedy. It is difficult to prescribe 'long distance' without a thorough intake.

At this time, I would just bathe him with a baby shampoo one time per week to keep him as clean as possible for the next 3-4 weeks.

He may also need to have some extra Omega 3 fish oils added to his food. About 500mg two times daily. If the lesions persist or get worse, there may be some more specific symptoms on which to prescribe a homeopathic remedy, even 'long distance'!