Dog Heartworms

by Elizabeth

I have 12 yr old mixed breed male dog with heartworms. His weight was 55 lbs 2 months ago, but he has lost weight, has little appetite and is weak. He has no cough but does have an occasional gag reflex to clear his throat. He also has heavy breathing.

I gave him Parasite Dr formula for 3 weeks; then, for the past 10 days, I gave him herbs per Bandit's website (Artemisia Combo (on empty stomach) and
HS II ,Black Walnut, CoQ10-with meals) in recommended doses for his weight. He vomited his dose of Artemisia this morning and has no appetite.

Should I put him back on Parasite Dr formula?
Is there anything that might help him with his appetite loss?

Comments for Dog Heartworms

My Online Vet Response to: Dog Hearworms
by: Dr. Lisa Brienen

Hello Elizabeth,
I'm sorry to read that your dog is doing so poorly. His condition is too serious to manage on your own at this time, although you've certainly applied a great approach with the Bandit's Buddy and the Parasite Dr. protocols. You need to involve a veterinarian who can monitor your dog's present condition, progress, and provide therapies beyond herbs (homeopathy, acupuncture, conventional diagnostics and care).

If the condition is severe, he may need conventional medications and supportive care to clear the parasites. His heart function is most likely compromised and needs support as well.

Please click here to find a local holistic vet.

Please also review this dog heartworm page.

Sincerely, Dr. Lisa Brienen

- Dog Heartworm Symptoms,
- Natural Heartworm Treatment for Dogs,
- Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Heartworm Section