Dog Has Two Small Bumps

by Cindy
(Illinois)

Growth #1

Growth #1

Growth #1
Growth #2

My dog has two small "bumps" I'd like your opinion about.

#1 is on her front left leg/arm. It has been there for approx 7 years. It has grown very slowly and is approx 1/2" x 1/4".

It does not itch or bother her at all. If I lift the skin underneath, there is no lump or attachment. It is rather flappy and feels dry at end. It is blackish/gray and originally looked just like a tick!

#2 ion her right arm and is approx 1/4" in size. It is skin colored and this one does not bother her either. It has grown a very small amount and has been present also for about 7 years.
Nothing under skin with this one either. It looks wart-like.

Nikki is a ten yr old Pom/Peke mix. She is healthy and eats mostly organic meats, with some Fromm grain free dry. All treats are grain free and natural. She is not vaccinated in the past 7 years after a seizure issue following Rabies vaccine.

Your opinion would be appreciated. I don't have a Vet right now since I'm tired of fighting about vaccines with traditional vets. I'm looking for a Holistic Integrative Vet but wanted an opinion on these growths.

Thank you very much!

Comments for Dog Has Two Small Bumps

My Online Vet Response for: Dog has Two small Bumps

Hi Cindy,
The bumps you showed in the photos of your dog are 'old age' type WARTS. They are benign.

See our page on DOG WARTS for more information.

Since both warts have been there for 7 years, I would not worry about them. You have already taken the first step by stopping all vaccinations!

You can try to apply an ointment called Thuya occidentalis, 1 time daiy, for 3-6 weeks to see if the warts will disappear on their own.

Can't get Thuja ointment - another idea?
by: Cindy

I have searched everywhere local and online for Thuja Ointment - Boiron has discontinued making it. Any other ideas or maybe a Homeopathic Compounding Pharmacy that you know of? Thanks for any help!

My Online Vet Response for: Dog Has Two Small Bumps

Hi Cindy,
You are correct, it does seem to be more difficult to locate Thuya ointment online.

Another approach is by giving the oral Thuya (This is best done under the supervision of a holistic veterinarian.) The Thuya remedy is appropriate for most individuals with warts, but oral homeopathic remedies need to be 'fitted' specifically for the patient.

Looking up 'Skin, eruptions, condylomata' (warts) in the Repertory of symptoms there are actually 38 remedies listed. To narrow the search, you examine the patient and see which of all 38 remedies, 'match' the patient. Then THAT remedy, (which may or may not be Thuya) is the best one to treat the WHOLE patient, not just the two small bumps that you see.

Found Thuja!!
by: Cindy

Hi -
I found Thuja ointment online! Hyland's is still making it - I ordered from 1-800-HOMEOPATHY website.

I wanted to share my find - I spent literally hours searching local and online before finding this one.

Thank you for all of your time and info!
Will update in a few weeks.
Cindy

Thank You Cindy!

I too have been looking for Thuja Ointment so I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated you sharing that awesome website! My order is already on its way!!! Thank You! Thank You!!

Thank you as well!
by: Carly

My Chihuahua is nine and she has started developing these small warts. I am anxious to try this and have just ordered a bottle.