Dog has one cloudy eye

by Robert R.
(Miami, Florida)

I have a 5 year old chihuahua and looks it like one of his eyes has cataract. He is small and like 10 inches tall. I don't see that he has injured himself and by looking at pictures it looks like that is what he has.

What kind of eye treatment can I get for him? Please help me so i can help him. I can't afford a vet right now.

Comments for Dog has one cloudy eye

My Online Vet Response For: Dog has one cloudy eye

Hi Robert,
Your chihuahua appears to have cloudiness of the CORNEA of his left eye; this is NOT a cataract. And from the photo, the LEFT eye looks larger than the right eye, which can be an indication of GLAUCOMA.

Glaucoma is not a condition that can be treated at home. A veterinary ophthalmologist can measure the pressure in his eye to confirm if it is glaucoma, and treat accordingly. This is a condition that can be very painful, and cause blindness if left untreated.

Check this site from the American SPCA regarding financial help with veterinary bills.

Update on Moo Moo's Cloudy Eye
by: Robert

Moo moo eye issue is all well now. It was an infection and the local vet gave us eye drops for 2 weeks and he got cured. (I don't know what kind of drops cause Moo Moo belongs to my daughter and she's the one who has the drops). Thanks!

Hi Robert,
Thank you so much for the update on Moo Moo. I am very glad to find out it was NOT glaucoma or anything worse, and that he has recovered completely!