Dog Has Cloudy Left Eye

by Amy F.
(Tehachapi, CA USA)

I just noticed this morning that my 13 yr old male pug's left eye was cloudy & maybe a little swollen too. He also has a lot of green eye boogers. I wasn't sure if he scratched it somehow or something else is wrong.

Comments for Dog Has Cloudy Left Eye

My Online Vet Response for: dog Has Cloudy Left Eye

Hi Amy,

Your Pug has developed edema of his cornea. This may be secondary to trauma, or some other conditions that are inherent to the short nosed breeds that have protruding eyes. It is difficult to tell from the photo, but I am also concerned that there may be slight hemorrhage in the anterior chamber.

My advice is to take him to a veterinarian as soon as possible for treatment.

- Dog Ear Infection & Dog Ear Problems
- Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Ear Problems Section