Dog Hair Falling Out with Pain or Irritation

by Abhishek
(Chandigarh, India)

A female dog and two pups. Some disease has led to their hair falling out and they have pain or irritation. It has been quite hot in the summer of late.

What could be the cause of the disease? How can the condition be cured?

Comments for Dog Hair Falling Out with Pain or Irritation

My Online Vet Response for: Dog Hair Falling Out with Pain or Irritation

June 15, 2014

Hi Abhishek,

From the photos and description of their problem, I am very concerned that they may have Demodex mange (mites) that has become generalized.

This is a very serious condition, (see our page on 'Mange' and you should take all three dogs to a veterinarian as soon as possible.

A holistic veterinarian would be best, so that a combination of immune support, homeopathic remedies, and conventional treatment can be started.

Make sure all of them are fed a healthy diet, minimal or no dry dog food, see our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, and consider a RAW diet for them.

And obtain an exemption form for vaccinations. I am not knowledgeable in vaccine requirements for India, so you will need to seek the help of a holistic veterinarian.

Dog Hair Falling Out with Pain or Irritation NEW
by: WebsBerry

This is a skin form caused by fungus that can influence mutually animals and human. Be cautious, for the reason that it is extremely contagious, and carry on exposure to an impure. Visit Our