Dog Eye Warts

by Cameron

Dog Eye Warts - Photo 1

Dog Eye Warts - Photo 1

Dog Eye Warts - Photo 1
Dog Eye Warts - Photo 2

One wart on the bottom of my dog's eyelid showed up about two years ago and then what appears to be another wart on the eyelid above is the scar tissue created from blinking (a guess).

It gets a pussy discharge that I'm treating with polysporin and that works for this symptom.

Should these warts be removed? They are not going away, and could it lead to a greater issue?

I only recently inherited this dog from another family. It was never taken to a Vet to have this checked out.

Comments for Dog Eye Warts

???Thank You Page???
by: Cameron MacCuspic

Hi Cameron,

It seems that you did not complete the notification options after submitting your question about your dog's eye warts (notification options were on the "Thank You" page). As a result, you will not be notified when Dr. Tillman responds and will need to check the following page periodically:

Dr. Tillman's response will appear on that page below your question (should be posted by the end of the day today).

After she responds, please click the "click here to add your own comments" link below her response to continue the dialogue with her, ask follow up questions and to let us know how your dog's condition changes over the coming weeks/months.

When submitting your follow up response, please complete the notification options so you can be notified after Dr. Tillman's future responses.

Warm Regards,

Jeff...Where is the Thank you page? I clicked all three notification options, but on that STEP 3 Page after checking all 3 notification boxes, there was no place, as prompted, to enter my email address. There is a big green section at the bottom of the page for Holistic Dog care blog and a "Subscribe" button. If that was the place to do it, it is NOT obvious and it looks like something totally different from the entire website. An improvement to the Step 3 page...i.e.; a box that follows the notification prompts (SUBMIT QUESTION).

My Online Vet Response For: Dog Eye Warts

July 2, 2014

Hi Cameron,
The growth on your dog's lower lid is not a wart. It may be an adenoma, or other benign growth associated with the glands of the eyelashes. The growth on the upper lid does appear to be a wart, and it looks like it is rubbing on the cornea, causing irritation and causing the eye to produce the mucous discharge that appears in the inner corner of the eye.

The longer these growths remain and continue to increase in size, they will cause problems by rubbing on the cornea. You have a couple of choices.

1. Surgical removal. This would require general anesthesia. If your dog is over 10 years of age, I would be hesitant to recommend this course of action. There is the risk of anesthetic complications, and they may grow back again.

2. Treat with homeopathic remedies. Low risk, and once they disappear, there is very little likelihood that they will come back. Remedies useful for tumors, warts, growths on eyelids are Thuya, Silicea, Calcarea, and Sulphur.

Growths, warts, tumors, and cancer, all arise as a secondary effect from vaccinations. Therefore I advise NO more vaccinations. Seek the help of a holistic veterinarian to write an exemption form.

And a holistic veterinarian will be able to choose the most homeopathic remedy that would be best suited for your dog, along with the correct potency and frequency to give the remedy.

Also, you will need to feed the healthiest diet. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options,, and consider a RAW diet for your dog. NO DRY dog food.

And you must avoid toxins (like flea and tick products), and use natural preventives such as EVOLV from

In the meantime, you can use saline to rinse away the mucous discharge 2-3 times daily, and apply 2-3 drops of olive oil or sweet almond oil into the eye to protect the cornea, while deciding on which course of action you wish to take.