Dog eye problem - bubble on the cornea over pupil and iris

by Jill
(Peace River)

Look towards the center of the eye

Look towards the center of the eye

My dog has had a slight irregularity of the cornea for a few months, but recently I noticed that it's looking really bad. It's almost like she has a bubble pushing her cornea up, or a clump of hairs on the eye that are sticking and messing with her vision. Or perhaps that the cornea was ripped by something and the hole keeps getting bigger.

Comments for Dog eye problem - bubble on the cornea over pupil and iris

My Online Vet Response for Dog eye problem-bubble on the cornea over pupil and iris

Hi Jill,
From your photo it is very difficult to differentiate the cornea, and I am unable to give you any diagnosis from this photo. Since you have noticed that it is getting worse, if there is an ulcer or defect in the cornea, I would take your dog to a veterinary ophthalmologist ASAP to find out what is wrong as soon as possible.

If the cornea perforates, your dog will be in severe pain and in danger of losing the eye.

Just Hair

Okay feeling sheepish. The stuff was gone the next day. I guess it was a hair. Perhaps she just gets hairs in her eyes very often. I managed to grab out the other dogs hair in the eye.

Don't worry! :-) NEW

After reading the first comment yesterday, when I first spotted a bubble like figure on my puppy's eye, I had a fit, thinking my dog would need to get surgery or something. But don't worry, today I looked carefully for the spot on my dog's eye, and it was gone! I'm going the with comment above's guess, it was indeed probably a hair or something!
Hope this helps! x
PS - Don't freak out and start crying when you spot the bubble thingo on your dog, it's embarrassing the next day when you realize it was nothing.
PSS - ... Not like I did..