Dog Eye Injury

by Christi C.
(Burkburnett, TX, USA)

I noticed a week ago that my dog's outer eye looked like he got in a fight with another puppy, so I kept an eye on it and today it looks like it's getting worse. Can you please tell me what you think is wrong?

He is 5 months old he is half pit and quarter lab, quarter border collie.

Comments for Dog Eye Injury

My Online Vet Response for: Dog Eye Injury

Hi Christi,
From your photos, (some are a bit out of focus), it appears that he may have a scratch on his cornea. There is an abrasion on the outside of his eyelids, but I am concerned that may not be the only problem, since he is squinting, and avoiding the light.

Please take him to a veterinarian to have his eye checked. If he has a scratch on his cornea, they can prescribe some medication to make it heal and feel more comfortable. He may need to wear an E-Collar, these come in a variety of forms that will be most comfortable for him and yet prevent him from scratching his eye accidentally.

Better yet, find a holistic veterinarian to have him treated holistically for whatever they find.

Dog Eye Injury NEW
by: Johnson

The amount of information I got from this post is tremendous. I really did not expect that when I saw the post. Celebrities Clothing