Dog Cancer? Should I be worried?

by Aundria

2 on her lip - one inside other outside

2 on her lip - one inside other outside

2 on her lip - one inside other outside
Gracie nose

Since my Bouvier was a small puppy I noticed this small pink discoloration on her lip. Today she is 10 months old and now she has 3 large bumps: 2 on her lips and one that on her nose.

The vet said that 2 of them were warts (I just noticed the 3rd on the inside of her lip while trying to take pictures!) The vet said they would remove it when she gets her dental cleaning in July but I'm getting nervous and want to know should I go ahead and get it removed now or is it really just harmless warts.

Comments for Dog Cancer? Should I be worried?

My Online Vet Response for Dog Cancer? Should I be worried?

Hi Aundria,
From the 'close' up photos you sent of your Bouvier's nose/lip area, they look like benign warts. See our page on dog warts for more information.

I would not have them removed since they will probably go away spontaneously. I would be concerned about the cause, though, which is sometimes associated with vaccinations.

Holistic treatment would include decreasing the frequency of dog vaccinations, improving the diet by considering a raw diet (see our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options). And possibly homeopathic treatment for overall health for your dog.

To find a holistic veterinarian in your area click here:

- Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Warts, Cysts and Strange Growths Section,
- Canine Tumors (Dog Cancer),
- Ask a Vet Online Library - Canine Tumors/Dog Cancer Section