Cyst on Dog - Potentially Serious

by Sandi
(USA)

Sammy's Cyst

Sammy's Cyst

My 11 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback, Sammy, developed a grayish black cyst on his side about six months ago.

It has never had any oozing or flaking.

Very recently it has swelled in size (now it is about the length of a dime), and is bright red.

Please let me know what you think. :)

Comments for Cyst on Dog - Potentially Serious

My Online Vet Response

Hi Sandi,
You should be very concerned about this growth on Sammy's side. Having it suddenly change in size and color may indicate malignancy, infection or trauma.

Did the changes occur after a vaccination? Did Sammy run along a wall or go through a hedge and traumatize the area?

I would suggest finding a homeopathic veterinarian in your area to have an exam of this growth. Our dog vet care page has links to directories to help you find one in your area. (You can also see our homeopathy for dog care page to learn more about this modality.)

Your holistic veterinarian will also advise on improving diet, avoidance of vaccinations, and avoiding other toxins such as flea/tick products, etc.

Dog Warts,
Dog Skin Conditions,
Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Warts, Cysts & Strange Growths Section