Cyst in Corner of Dog's Eye

by Maryellen

Cyst in Corner of Dog's Eye - Photo 1

Cyst in Corner of Dog's Eye - Photo 1

Cyst in Corner of Dog's Eye - Photo 1
Cyst in Corner of Dog's Eye - Photo 2

My dog Zeke has a cyst near the corner of his eye. It looks like it has gotten a little bigger, but it does not appear to bother him. We woke up one day and it was just there.

I am still very concerned about it - should I be?

I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for all the help.

Comments for Cyst in Corner of Dog's Eye

My Online Vet Response for: Cyst in corner of Dog's Eye

August 14, 2013

Hi Mary Ellen,

From the photo you have submitted of Zeke, one is out of focus, and the other photo gives the impression of a wart-like growth more than a cyst. A wart would not grow to that size in one day. A fluid filled cyst, clogged Meibomian gland, or abscess, would grow in one day. A conventional approach would be to have it lanced if it is a fluid filled growth or abscess, especially if it is increasing in size.

A local holistic veterinarian would be the best option for the least invasive type of treatment. Homeopathic remedies can be used to treat BOTH a cyst or abscess without lancing. If this appeared after Zeke received a vaccination, then there are more specific homeopathic remedies useful for 'vaccinosis'. A term used for illness seen after a vaccine has been given.

I am very curious to know what this might be.