Convincing a Conventional Vet That a Raw Diet Is Best

by Gina
(Puerto Rico)

As a veterinarian, how do you recommend I convince my vet that raw homemade diet is the best? How do I get him to understand the benefits?

In addition, how do I explain to him that feeding kibbles would actually be bad for my dogs? From a veterinarians perspective, of course.

Thanks, Gina

Comments for Convincing a Conventional Vet That a Raw Diet Is Best

My Online Vet Response for: Convincing a Conventional Vet that a Raw Diet is Best

March 26, 2014

Hi Gina,
That is a tough question! There is no way that I know of to convince a conventional veterinarian that a RAW diet is best. The only way that I have been able to do this, is by *example*.

When a client has come to me because they are not happy with the results from 'conventional' medicine, and I instruct them to change over to a raw diet, and the dog or cat is HEALTHY and vastly improved. And the previous veterinarian sees that dog again and is astounded with how well they are doing! Then they *may* become convinced.

A few months ago I went to see an Old English bull dog with severe allergies, itching and scratching all over, with pustules between the toes, swollen toes and feet so painful that he was limping and leaving bloody paw prints on the floor. The owner had been feeding a dry hypo-allergenic grain free diet prescribed by the veterinarian, and also treated him with different antibiotics and cortisone. All of which did not help. I advised that she switch gradually to a raw diet. The dog is 100% normal now. His coat and feet look beautiful, he has so much more energy, because he is more comfortable! (He is only 4yrs old, but looked like he was 10, the way he was limping!)

And there are other examples of amazing healing, where I did not use homeopathy, or herbs or supplements, or acupuncture, I just changed the diet to raw.

Not sure if I answered your question or not. I think it would be the same to try to convince a conventional veterinarian that homeopathy works, or acupuncture works. They must be able to throw off their blinders and look at other possibilities without bias, of their own accord. In my opinion, I do not think that can be *forced* on someone.