Chihuahua vomiting 8 times in one evening

by Amy Royle
(San Diego, Ca)

Our 2 year old Chihuahua Mojo ate a lot of grass yesterday. Afterward he vomited a yellow substance and grass. He would not eat his normal food, however he kept a few eggs down. 24 hours later he has not had anymore grass but has vomited 8 times.

Today he ate his breakfast and was energetic. He started vomiting around 6 this evening and the substance was clear and other times he would be dry heaving. We are concerned if this is an emergency or are there any home remedies we can provide to him?

Thank you,

Comments for Chihuahua vomiting 8 times in one evening

My Online Vet Response for Chihuahua vomiting 8 times in one evening

Hi Amy,
From what you have described, I am very concerned that Mojo may have a foreign body lodged in his stomach or small bowel. You should take him to an emergency clinic this weekend for an exam and x-ray.

It may also be severe gastritis (stomach inflammation), but it would be best if he could be seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible.

A conventional veterinarian will be able to restore his hydration and treat accordingly, depending on the results of the x-ray.

- Dog Vomiting,
- Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Vomiting Section