Chicken and Rice

by Tilly Reed
(Monrovia, Liberia)

1 whole fresh organic chicken

2 cups of peas
2 cups of broccoli
3 3/4 cups of brown rice
8 1/2 cups of water
3 gloves garlic
1 tsp salt

Cut chicken in pieces and remove the skin, mince the garlic add to 7 1/2 cups boiling water add 1 tsp salt. Boil for 20-25 minutes depending on size of the chicken.

Rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Add to chicken stock - if you don't have 8 1/2 cups, add more water. Add peas and broccoli, stir and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes.

My two worldly dogs have been eating this or some variety of it (carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, etc. fish, turkey, duck, beef) their entire lives and they are very healthy.

Comments for Chicken and Rice

Average Rating starstarstarstar

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Garlic

It's raw garlic you can't give to dogs.

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
wow

so ridiculous garlic kills!!!

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
garlic

hey anonymous garlic person do u make ur own all time or do u buy stuff from store as well because if u do u would notice that garlic in in most made treats also treats coming from vets office so if it was so bad for them they wouldnt serve it in office as well now if dog or human gives dog whole head of garlic in one day i can see it causing a problem . fyi says not to feed grapes either but my parents cocker eats all time and is still fine and i yell at them but dog see that bag and wants them so for him maybe ok dont know but he is fine and healthy and that is all that really matters isnt it

Rating
star
garlic is toxic to dogs

That quantity is a death sentence.

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Vitamins and Omega
by: Donna

I was wondering in this recipe as well as others I have viewed I do not see any special vitamins or omega 3 added to it? Is this okay? Do they get enought vitamins and omega 3 from just the ingredients?

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Dog food
by: Critter lover

This sounds like a good recipe. I use a similar one and use lentils instead of peas and use a sweet potato as well.

Rating
star
No garlic!!!

Feeding your dog basics... NO GARLIC!!! It is toxic for dogs!!!!

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homemade Dog Food Recipes.