Cat eosinophilic granuloma

by Lynn
(Ft. Lauderdale FL)

What holistic remedy can be used to cure eosinophilic granuloma in my cat? Where can I buy it?

Comments for Cat eosinophilic granuloma

My Online Vet Response for: Cat eosinophlic granuloma

Hi Lynn,
In holistic medicine, or "wholistic" medicine, the approach is not based on treating the particular disease or ailment the patient has at that particular time. Rather, it is based on treating the WHOLE patient. That is how holistic medicine differs from conventional medicine.

Therefore, the prescription is 'tailored' for that particular patient. See our page on Alternative Care for Dogs. The page concentrates on treating dogs, but the same principle applies to cats as well.

So, to find the 'remedy' to treat eosinophilic granuloma complex in a cat, which can present as rodent ulcer along the lips, or ulcerative lesions along the back of the hind legs, more history and background is needed.

Did this start after a vaccination was given? Or soon after the application of a flea topical was applied? Has the cat been eating mostly dry food? Or a food that contains any dairy or fish?

What is your cat's personality? What other illnesses has your cat had (especially allergic type problems)?

Seeking the help of a holistic veterinarian, that can work one-on-one with you, would be the best option to help your kitty.

In the meantime, I would NOT give her any vaccinations. Also, STOP any dry cat food. Gradually, switch to a canned food, (avoid artificial colors, by-products, and preservatives) and then gradually switch to a RAW cat food diet, such as Rad Cat.

You might want to consider adding some immune system supplements to the diet, until you see a holistic veterinarian:

- OrthoMolecular Specialties, Mega C Powder
- Missing Link powder for cats