Cat Drooling After Licking Urine Gone Product

by Eddie
(Citrus Heights, CA)

Two days ago, our cat licked an area where we had just sprayed the product Urine Gone. Yesterday morning, he began drooling excessively and it hasn't gotten any better.

He still acts completely normal and playful. Eating habits seem fine, bowel movements and urination also seem fine as of last night.

Should we be concerned?

The ingredients of Urine Gone are: Water, Soya Morpholinium Ethosulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Bicarbonate, Proteolytic Enzymes, EDTA, and Fragrance.

Thank you.

Comments for Cat Drooling After Licking Urine Gone Product

My Online Vet Response for: Cat Drooling After Licking Urine Gone Product

November 30, 2013

Hi Eddie,

As I am not familiar with this particular product, even thought the ads proclaim that it is NON-toxic to pets, I suggest that you contact the company and ask specifically about the safety of their product.

Urine Gone™
Box 2020
North Wales, PA 19454

Customer service is available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm Eastern Time.

Phone: 1-800-340-3418

Email: customerservice@plymouthdirect.com

From what you are describing, I do not think that your cat is in any danger. Many cats will start to salivate as a 'reflex' reaction to the odor of disagreeable substances, such as nail polish remover, hair spray, potpourri, citrus, etc. I have never seen this to cause dehydration, or illness, especially as they are still eating and drinking ok, and there is no vomiting or diarrhea. If this intensifies, (because they continue to come in contact the substance, it is on their feet and you are unable to bathe them to remove it), you might want to take your cat to a veterinarian. An injection of atropine can be given, (this causes a drying of mucous membranes, to stop the salivation), and they can bathe your cat to remove any of the Urine Gone that may still be on his fur.