Cat Cancer Herbs

by Tara
( USA)

My cat is very ill. She is 14 years old at least (a stray we've had over 13 years). She has advanced stage mammary cancer, is in kidney failure and basically was sent home to die.

Her kidneys were too bad to do chemo or operate at this point (we are trying to get them better). The last few days she took a turn for the worst and is just laying there, won't come out from under the bed, etc. She looks almost catatonic. She breathes heavy. I took her to the emergency hospital and basically they said I should think about euthanasia.

They gave her a convenia shot (antibiotic) because she had a tumor on her stomach that was infected now the whole mammary chain is infected. She is on mizrapine for appetite and it usually works but isn't really working now.

I had her on herbs Essiac (just started) tea, which is burdock , blessed t histle, turkish rhubarb, kelp, and kidney support which is burdock, dandelion, cleavers. Anyway giving her the herbal medicines did seem to help her and keep her energy up. As it detoxed her kidneys and kelp and watercress in the essiac tea have large doses of vitamins, magnesium and potassium. I took her off of these the last few days.

Do you think I can safely put her back on? My fear is that they will:

1. Interact with the medicines
2. Render the medicines, especially the antibiotic shot useless, as they are detox herbs, I am afraid they will detox the medicine out.

I really felt the herbs helped her and since she isn't eating a lot it is giving her the vitamins & minerals she needs.

We are basically trying to get the kidneys better through azodyl and water to get them to the point she can have the surgery to have the mammary chain removed. She already had 2 tumors removed from it and they grew right back. I truly felt the herbs helped her.

Thank you ,

Comments for Cat Cancer Herbs

My Online Vet Response for: Cat Cancer Herbs

June 29, 2014

Hi Tara,
My advice may be too little too late, for your kitty, but I will try to help.

Regarding the herbal supplements, you wrote,
"Do you think I can safely put her back on? My fear is that they will:

1. Interact with the medicines
2. Render the medicines, especially the antibiotic shot useless, as they are detox herbs, I am afraid they will detox the medicine out."

No, there will be NO problem putting her back on the herbal supplements. If anything, the antibiotics and appetite stimulant may not allow the herbs to act!

I think that she may need some SQ fluids one time daily, to help hydration, and flush kidney toxins. I do not know if you are already doing this or not. She also needs a B-vitamin with B-12 injection one time daily (given SQ like the fluids), for at least 5-7 days to help increase her appetite and provide the vitamins she needs daily. Once she is eating, then adding the herbs, Azodyl, and Renafood, (Renafood for kidney support, is made by Standard Process available on will be easier to give to her.

If her breathing is labored due to the cancer spreading to her lungs, then it may be too late for her. An x-ray of her lungs will determine if this has already happened.

For the mammary cancer, she needs to have a huge amount of immune support, but that will be difficult if she has a poor appetite from kidney disease. You might try the homeopathic remedy Thuya, (Thuja occidentalis) 30C potency. One pellet dissolved in 2 oz dropper bottle of Spring Water. Give her 1/2 dropperful by mouth, one time daily, for 3 weeks.

A holistic veterinarian may work with you to follow my suggestions, so that you can give her the SQ fluids and B-12/B-vitamins at home.

Thank you

Thank you so much for your great help~~~~