Bump or Wart on Dog's Back and Eyelid

by Gini
(Marietta, GA)

My 6 year old Bichon Frise has had a bump on his back for over a year and one on his right eyelid for 6 months are so. The bump on his back looks just like the one on his eye lid.

Today he had a scab on top of his nose and pulled it off and now has a hole on top of his nose (picture shows both hole and eye lid bump).

What you can't see is next to the hole is another small hole, were the same thing is happening. Is this anything to be concerned about? Will it spread and hurt him in ANY way?

Comments for Bump or Wart on Dog's Back and Eyelid

My Online Vet Response for Bump or Wart on Dog's Back and Eyelid

***ADMINISTRATOR NOTE: This response was made by Dr. Tillman before the above picture was sent in. Her next comment further down the page came after the picture was received.***

Hi Gini,
The photo has not yet been uploaded, but from the history of a wart or growth present for one year (I assume it has not enlarged or changed in any way), and then a wart or growth that appears on his eyelid, and now there is something else happening on his nose, I would be concerned that he may have vaccinosis. This is a holistic term used for vaccine related illness, especially having to do with growths, warts or tumors.

Did this start after a vaccine was given? Another possibility may be food related. Have you recently changed foods? Or started offering a new treat?

Or this may be secondary to trauma, in which case it should heal in 7-10 days. If it is something else entirely, such as an autoimmune disease, bacterial or fungal infection, or a cancerous process, then I would suggest seeking the help of a holistic veterinarian.

To find a holistic veterinarian in your area click here:

My Online Vet Repsonse for Bump or Wart on Dog's Back and Eyelid

Hi Gini,

The photo came through! The new lesion that started as a scab and now looks like a hole is actually a growth. And I suspect it is related to the other benign 'wart' like growths that he already has on his back and eyelid.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I was concerned that he may have 'vaccinosis'. A term used for effects seen after a vaccination has been given. Not necessarily a short time after, but in some cases, several years after. Therefore, it is more imperative than ever, to find a holistic veterinarian to 'guide' in treating him homeopathically.

Vaccination
by: Gini

This year after his vaccinations he got sick. He had a fever for about 2 days. He did not move around much because you could tell he just didn't feel good. He didn't eat much & he didn't make any attempt to go to his water bowl but when I put a bowl of water in front of him, he would drink the water. He did not throw-up or have any potty problems.

After 3-4 days he was back to normal. This was in mid-May he received his shots. The only thing different this year with his vaccination were the rabies shot. He got the 3 year shot instead of the yearly shot.

Do you think that could cause the problem?

Gini

Hi Gini,
Yes, there are documented incidents of a higher frequency of MORE adverse effects when more than one vaccination is given to a dog in one visit. Especially, when more than one vaccine is given to a small breed dog.

The American Veterinary Medical Association and the American Animal Hospital Association have written up vaccination protocols, dividing up the different dog vaccines into CORE and NON-CORE vaccines.

Distemper, Parvo, and Rabies are considered the CORE vaccines. Meaning, they are the most important. The Non-core are NOT as important, such as Bordatella, Lymes, Rattlesnake, etc.

The AVMA and the AAHA advise that each Distemper/Parvo vaccine is good for 3 years. Rabies is also good for 3 years. They advise spacing out the vaccines, so there is a more than one year gap between vaccinations. And NOT to give a dog more than ONE vaccination in a visit.

Hopefully, you reported this to your veterinarian, so that it is posted in his medical record. Using that information, I would advise obtaining an exemption form so that your dog will be exempt from any future vaccination.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I was concerned that he may have 'vaccinosis'. A term used for effects seen after a vaccination has been given. Especially a more immediate side effect as you described after TWO vaccines were given to him. Therefore, it is more imperative than ever, to find a holistic veterinarian to 'guide' in treating him homeopathically.

Breathing
by: Gini

I forgot to mention before about this breathing sound he makes sometimes. It sounds like it could be a side effect.

It's a snoring sound. He's breathing, next thing you know he seems like he's fighting to get air in his nose because he's sucking so hard he makes a harsh, almost snoring sound over and over and over.

This can happen anytime. The worst was the other day after he had been outside. That time lasted several hours. Could this be related to the bumps on his nose or to 'vaccinosis'?

Thank for talking about this. I and many others had no idea that vaccinations could cause such a health problem.

Gini

Hi Gini,
From your description of this 'breathing/snorting' condition that occurs periodically, it sounds like what veterinarians call a REVERSE SNEEZE.

It occurs because of a spasm in the soft palate portion of the roof of the mouth. Sometimes it can be triggered by the way the dog is laying when he is asleep, or if the dog inhales smoke from a wood burning stove, and it irritates his throat/nose, or if a dog sticks his head out of the car window, and the wind gets into his nose/mouth. I have seen it after surgical procedures when the endotracheal tube is removed from the throat, and the dog will suddenly start doing the reverse sneezing.

It is sort of an involuntary spasm, similar to hiccups. (Hiccups occur because of a spasm in the diaphragm)

In holistic medicine, it is also considered to be related to the rabies miasm. Because in a rabid dog, the throat becomes paralyzed and a dog is unable to swallow, so they drool or 'foam' at the mouth. They also exhibit a fear of water, called 'hydrophobia'.

I am NOT implying that the a dog with reverse sneeze has rabies, only the tendency to exhibit this behavior can be secondary to having received the vaccination for rabies. But it is certainly strange that your dog had an adverse reaction to the Rabies vaccination, and also has this reverse sneezing!! Does your dog also hate baths, or water?

- Dog Vaccination Schedule,
- Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Vaccinations Section

Water
by: Gini

He does not like to get in water of any kind. He is very good during his bath because he is just a 'good dog' but he doesn't like it.

We have a small pond in our back yard (maybe 200 gallons) with Koi. Bruce could lay there for hours and watch the fish. He lays in the same spot at the pond, next to the hose that has water running out of it. He seems to be interested in the running water. He loves it.

Now if you get the water hose or carry water in something close to him, he is moving to get out of your way. I thought maybe I didn't introduce him to water in the right way when he was a pup.

Thank for reading and writing back.

Hi Gini,

Your observation of Bruce's fascination with running water confirms the symptoms below.(ALL having to do with problems related to the Rabies miasm. Either a 'natural' infection from a bite, or from a vaccination). Each symptom is followed by several homeopathic remedies that would be indicated.
MIND; SENSITIVE, oversensitive; noise, to; water splashing (4) : 3Lyss., 3Nit-ac., brom., stram.

MIND; HYDROPHOBIA (69) : 4LYSS., 3Hydr-ac., 3Stram., 2aspar., 2bell., 2canth., 2cur., 2hyos., 2lach.

(From the Complete 4.5 Repertory)

"He seems to be interested in the running water. He loves it."

In what way? What does he do besides just watch the fish? (Since in every other way he is very fearful of water.)

I think that the remedy to help him, and make the warts/growths disappear would be found above.

P.S. If you've found this service or our web site helpful, please "Like" us
by clicking the like button at the top of the left
margin
. Thank you!