BLOO's favourite (adapted from Ron's recipe)

Read recipe through its entirety first :-)

1 lb of cooked ground meat
2 cups of cooked brown rice

Cook the following together in a pot and mash when done:
1 yam
Approximately 5 carrots
A few potatoes (dependent upon their size)

Mash together with the meat and then add:

1 cup of cooked green beans (cut into small pieces)
1 cup of cooked peas
1/4 cup of ground nuts (your choice)
Either a cup of chopped apple or a can of apple sauce.

Mix together along with whatever MINERALS you have from your vet and voila! Guaranteed your dog will love, love, love it!

* Freezes well. This is a great baseline recipe to vary.

Comments for BLOO's favourite (adapted from Ron's recipe)

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Garlic bad for dogs? NEW
by: Elaine

I have always heard that garlic is bad for dogs. I see some people add it to their recipes.

Garlic bad for dogs? NEW
by: Elaine

Re: wow NEW

Hello John S,

I'm so pleased that your fussy eater enjoys this recipe. I haven't met a dog yet that doesn't like it!

Thank you for your feedback...but if I was to revise the recipe, I would use a bit less potato.

Enjoy!

Re: wow NEW

Hello John S,

Enjoy!

Wow! NEW
by: John s

We have the fussiest little dog I've ever known. I made this today and he loves it!

re: peanuts NEW

I appreciate your concern regarding the word peanut because It's a confusing and misleading name. Peanuts are a legume and therefore safe for your dog to eat. But ultimately, it's your choice to remove the peanut from the baseline recipe. Thank you for writing.

Copy and paste the following article to find out more about peanuts and nuts.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/351168-what-are-nuts-a-fruit-or-a-vegetable/

No to nuts NEW

Nuts are not good for dogs.

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homemade Dog Food Recipes.