Bleeding Dog Eye Infection with Tumor

by John B.
(Bristol, CT)

Bleeding dog eye infection - Photo 1

Bleeding dog eye infection - Photo 1

Bleeding dog eye infection - Photo 1
Bleeding dog eye infection - Photo 2
Bleeding dog eye infection - Photo 3

My dog has a bad eye infection. Before it got this bad she had a small tumor on her eye which I think is still there. She is discharging a little blood from it, but does not seem to be in any pain.

What should I do to cure this problem?

Thanks, John

Comments for Bleeding Dog Eye Infection with Tumor

My Online Vet Response for: Bleeding Dog Eye Infection with Tumor

April 4, 2014

Hi John,
From the photos you took of her, it looks like she has scraped or scratched her upper left eyelid. Her eye looks ok. I could not see any tumor.

From the loss of hair around her entire eye, I would suggest this course of action:

1. Protect her eyelid by making her wear an E-Collar or Doggles, (dog goggles-http://shop.doggles.com/)

2. Take her to a holistic veterinarian, ask if they can do a skin scraping. I am concerned that she may have Demodectic mange.http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/how-to-treat-dog-mange.html#Demodectic

3. A holistic veterinarian can do an entire physical exam, perhaps a blood panel, to rule out any other internal problems she may have. Click here to find a holistic veterinarian in your area. Another resource for vets knowledgeable in homeopathy is AVH.org.

4. Once a diagnosis is made, I would be able to make further suggestions, if needed to help her heal.