Black Spot on Dog's Leg Is Growing

by Jelisa
(Bronx, NY)

Black Spot on Dog's Leg

Black Spot on Dog's Leg

My dog has a black spot on her leg that has lost hair and seems to be growing. She received two vaccines prior to this spot coming out. What could this be?

Comments for Black Spot on Dog's Leg Is Growing

My Online Vet Response for: Black Spot on Dog's Leg is Growing

September 6, 2013

Hi Jelisa,

It is difficult to see from your photo if this is a raised mass or a crusted localized area of skin. Certainly, I am very suspicious that it may be serious since it appeared after she had 2 vaccines. How old is she? How long after her vaccines did this appear? How long has it been present and how quickly is it growing?

My best advice, is to seek the help of a holistic veterinarian.

In the meantime, feed a healthy RAW diet. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/10-best-dog-food-options.html.

AVOID any more vaccinations. A holistic veterinarian can write an exemption form, and guide you along on which homeopathic remedy to use, for treatment of this spot.