Instinct

by Sally Hicks
(Tucson, AZ, USA)

My dogs love Instinct canned food. Even the cats will eat it, but that's another story!

Click here to read or post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to What kind of dog food do you feed your dog?.

Blue Buffalo Lamb and Oatmeal Puppy

I have a lab puppy about 9 mos old. When I got her she was getting a "good" puppy food but she was having trouble with slightly loose stools. Her coat was good.

After having her vetted, she was found to be in good health and clear of parasites. I decided to change food to a more natural food. This food came highly recommended.

Within 3 weeks, the puppy's coat had a beautiful shine, dry skin disappeared, and she "bloomed" into a very healthy active puppy.

Her stools improved almost immediately and has been fine since. It has now been about 5 mos and she is a beautiful puppy and continues to be healthy and active.

I decided on the Lamb and Oatmeal for the qualities of easy to digest and the benefits found for a healthy skin and coat.

Click here to read or post comments

Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul Adult Dry

by Deb
(Middlebury VT)

Quality ingredients cost effective

Click here to read or post comments

Freshpet® Vital™ Chicken, Beef, Salmon & Egg Recipe

by Kate
(LA, USA)

In the last couple of months this brand started to pop up in my local PetCo. The ingredients appear to be healthy and organic.

The product is 100% Grain Free and is refrigerated, so it is not heavily processed. Ingredients also seems to be locally source within PA, USA - which I find it to be a plus.

It smells very fresh and I think its a really unique dog food on the market.

Click here to post comments

Taste of the Wild

by James
(Lake, CA, USA)

It's grain-free and has lots of great ingredients.

Click here to post comments

Pinnacle

Overall VERY well rounded food! Includes Pumpkin for natural digestion as well as a lot of other whole food ingredients. It's a mid ranged protein leveled food so its great for all dogs

Click here to post comments

Salmon Infinia Holistic Dog Food

by Christine
(New Hampshire)

It works wonders on our "sensitive system" dog that some of the others didn't seem to help with

Click here to post comments

Innova Senior Plus - Anyone have problems?

by Julie S
(USA)

me & my girl

me & my girl

Chloe is my Australian Shepherd Mix. I rescued her from the roadside only minutes after she had been hit by a van. She was a bad mess and underwent surgery for 8 hours.

That was over 10 years ago and she has never really had 'tummy' problems. I had been giving Chloe "Wellness Senior" for a while.

Over the last several months, it appeared she needed a kibble food with more fiber. I changed to "Innova Senior Plus". Now, she is having 'problems'. I took a full month to change over the food. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you!

Julie & Chloe

Click here to post comments

Stella and Chewys - Duck Duck Goose

by Kim
(Lin, NE, USA)

My dog loves it. I also feed my 10 lb.s dog Natures instinct Rabbit kibble,it has nice small bites she likes to get in her treat dispenser every morning.

Click here to read or post comments

Kirkland Chicken and Vegetable Dry Dog Food

Not sure who is the manufacturer for Costco...I have also bought Lamb & Rice

Click here to read or post comments

Natura brand pet food & their purchase by Proctor and Gamble

by Stephanie
(USA)

What are everyone's thoughts about Proctor and Gamble purchasing Natura brand pet food?

I was absolutely appalled when I read that information. I am switching pet food brands!

Needless to say, I am very annoyed. I did a lot of what I thought was well-worth research for finding a pet food brand that was safe and healthy for my 3 cats and 3 dogs. Now, I'm having to go through it all over again. I am so frustrated with commercial brands.

I am very tempted to make my pets' food. I'm just afraid that their nutritional needs would not be met in home-made food.

Click here to read or post comments

Natural Planet Organics

by Vicki
(Hamburg, PA)

No corn, wheat, soy; it's organic.

Click here to post comments

Orijen, Nature's Variety Instinct, Merrick, Party Animal Organics

by Linda M.
(Pittsburgh, PA)

Orijen is a Canadian company. Their foods (dry only, I think) are all grain-free and more expensive than most, but for me that's worth it. They have only one plant and pet food is all they do. I mix & rotate it with Nature's Variety's Instinct, Merrick's and Party Animal organics canned foods, and Nature's Variety's Instinct raw nuggets.

Going grain-free was the best thing I ever did for my Standard Poodle, Mason. He's not in perfect condition, but he's pretty amazingly healthy for a 13-year-old!

Click here to post comments

It's home made

by Natasha
(Australia)

I buy some beef, kangaroo or chicken pet mince from the shops. I then boil that up with some brown rice and a 1kg bag of frozen veg for her and may chuck in some basil and rosemary to gourmet it up for her.

Click here to post comments

Regional Chicken Biologically Appropriate Petfood by Naturea Petfoods

by Jorge Amarques
(Lisbon, Portugal)

Good afternoon

I´m from Portugal and I began to feed a new grain-free pet food from the UK that seems very good (Naturea Petfoods). Is there some chance to have your comments about it?

Thanks

Jorge Marques

http://www.natureapetfoods.com/en.html

Click here to post comments

Earthborn Holistic Primitive

Grain free holistic and most like their Natural diet

Click here to read or post comments

Stella and Chewys

by Sheryl
(Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.)

I am transitioning my Teacup Yorkie to a raw food diet. I opted to use Stella and Chewys freeze dried chicken patties. My puppy is 3 mths old and only 1 lb. She is CrAzY for this stuff. She just can't get enough.

Click here to post comments

Blue Buffalo healthy weight maintenance, chicken and rice

Costco's organic dry food, they don't sell it anymore. Apples and banana's for my dogs.

Click here to post comments

Natural Balance dry LID venison and sweet potatoe

by Anna
(Elberta, AL USA)

My picky yorkie with the "itchies" will eat this food, even though I supplement with boiled ground turkey meat. I also add one quarter tsp. organic, virgin cold-pressed coconut oil with each meal (twice daily).

Click here to read or post comments

Canidae ALS

by Robin
(Michigan)

My large breed and small Paps are all eating this food. The large GSD and my 4 month old Pap are both having chronic diarrhea. I am considering switching brands. Any suggestions?

Click here to read or post comments

Nature's Variety raw patty

by Terena Thomas
(Colorado)

Love it. Comes in nice sizes so a vegetarian like me is not grossed out by all the blood and gore. Dogs are healthy weight, no odor, no gas, great teeth, healthy bowels. I add raw rib and knuckle bones every other day as well.

Click here to post comments

Merrick!!!!!!!!!!

by Nancy
(Smithville, TX)

All of these foods were ok for my very allergic dog to eat. Thank you Merrick for giving her the best years of her life.

Click here to post comments

AvoDerm Grain Free Salmon Meal & Potato Formula Dry Dog Food

by Jessica J.
(Seal Beach, CA)

AvoDerm - Woof woof!

AvoDerm - Woof woof!

My Smasher LOVES this stuff. It smells like salmon when I pop the lid off the container I keep it in, and his tail starts wagging like crazy. It is small pellets also, so it has been great for reward training. =)

Click here to post comments

Timberwolf Organics (Rotate among formulas -- Ocean Blue, Wilderness, Lamb & Apple, Bison)

(Scottsdale, AZ)

***Outstanding Food***
High Energy/Caloric Density (520-564 kilocal/cup)
Perfect for working dogs, high energy needs
High Omega 3, EFAs
All wild caught fish, free range game from New Zealand
Ethoxyquin-free (including ingredient suppliers)
High percentage fish/meat, low ash
Freshly ground herbs, fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts
Many ingredients sourced organically
Many ingredients anti-cancer/preventative
Grain-free & low grain formulas
Moderate to high fat formulas (except Black Forest)
Cooked briefly at low temperature
Highly digestible
Proper ratio between omega 3 and omega 6
Proper ratio between calcium & phosphorous
Probiotics & prebiotics added after cooking
Vaccuum packed bags, very fresh food, w/best before dates
Small private company w/high quality manufacturing plant

Click here to post comments

Canine Purina OM (RX from Vet)

by valerie
(greenwich ct)

n/a

Click here to post comments

Real Lamb Adult mini chunk by Authority

It is cheaper than many brands and seem good for our dog

Click here to post comments

4 Health Small Bites Formula for Adult Dogs - Optimal Nutrition for Optimal Health

by Lisa Tommey
(Texarkana, Arkansas)

No corn, no soy, and no wheat. It contains Glucosomine and chondroitin, antioxidants for overall good health. Fresh chicken and chicken meal for optimal protein nutrition. My dogs love the taste and I sometimes pour extra virgin coconut oil on their food as well. This helps to maintain overall good health and makes their coats shiny and healthy looking.

Click here to read or post comments

Solid Gold Wee Bits

I started my then 6-year-old blue Chihuahua on Solid Gold Wee Bits four years ago and ever since, she's quite a different dog than when I adopted her. She was very lethargic and looked almost emaciated.

Now she's energetic (for her) and loves to go on walks and even chases our other dog around the yard!

Recently she did have a couple fleas which are now gone, but I read fleas attack the weak or already unhealthy dogs (cats too surely). Her vet hasn't said she needs a vitamin, but I'm concerned for one because Solid Gold Wee Bits wasn't listed on the top 10 best food list, so is she not getting everything she needs and possibly getting junk/filler instead?? Could she be better off with another food? If so, which? And should she be getting a vitamin??

Click here to post comments

honest kitchen

by becky
(north carolina)

raw dehydrated human grade dog food that my dog LOVES

Click here to post comments

Blue Buffalo Wilderness (Fish)

by Kortney Campbell
(St. Petersburg, FL, USA)

I am vegan and highly opposed to feeding my dog factory farmed "meat" that is considered too low of a grade for humans. I just switched her from the fish based Longevity line of Blue Buffalo to the Wilderness line. While it slightly bothers be that the line contains chicken meal, the new one is grain free and preservative free with a higher fat & protein content than most dry dog foods. She is extremely active but has had skin issues lately so we have upped her fish/omegas intake in an attempt to help.

She loves the new food & I would consider it top of the line when it comes to dry food. The next best thing would be a completely raw diet.

Click here to read or post comments