Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar - Mother Nature's Miracle Medicine
We swear by many natural remedies, but the benefits of apple cider vinegar are tough to beat. It is extremely effective at fighting disease and eliminating many common ailments that plague both humans and dogs.
In this article, we will focus on the health benefits for your canine companion.
- Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- What does it contain?
- What is the best way to feed it to my dog?
- Additional Resources
- Apple cider vinegar has excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties that give the immune system a good boost, arming your dog with the strength to ward off pests like fleas and ticks and also diseases like parvo virus in dogs and parvo in puppies.
- Apple cider vinegar is also the king of skin and hair remedies. It is effective at fighting itching and scratching from allergies or bites. When applied directly to a hot spot on your dog’s skin, ACV will calm the redness and swelling all while providing your dog with some much needed relief. ACV can be poured directly on your dog’s fur after a bath and then rinsed, which will cure dandruff, rejuvenate hair and help balance the PH levels in the body.
- Apple cider vinegar is a powerful detoxifying and purifying agent. It improves health and function of the vital organs such as the kidneys, bladder and liver.
- Apple cider vinegar can help fight tooth decay and splitting of your dog’s toe nails which are a direct result of a lack of potassium in the body.
- Potassium is also essential in replacing worn-out tissues within the body, making ACV beneficial in the treatment of arthritis.
- Apple cider vinegar has also been found to be helpful in the treatment of the following: allergies, osteoporosis, cancer, candida, high cholesterol, constipation, muscle cramps, diarrhea, depression, ear discharge, eczema, fatigue, bladder problems, metabolism and stiff joints.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a golden liquid concentrated with the healthy goodness of apples. Its contents include:
- More than 30 important nutrients
- 12 minerals
- 6 vitamins
- Essential acids
- Several enzymes
- Large dose of Pectin for heart health
You might be thinking, "Wow, why have I never heard of this before," or "Yes, I’ve heard of the benefits of apple cider vinegar, but I’ve never tried it for myself or my dog." Well, now you know it’s time to give it a shot!
Here are a few ways to treat your dog with ACV:
- Simply add 1 Tablespoon to your dog’s daily water (for dogs under 15 lbs, use only 1 teaspoon)
- Pour the ACV over your dogs food, or mix it in with their meal
- For the treatment of arthritis or sore muscles, soak a compress in warm ACV and apply directly to the joints.
- Pour over your dog’s fur after a bath and allow to soak for one minute, then rinse.
Do not get ACV into your dog’s eyes.
Before making a purchase, be sure to look for All-Natural apple cider
vinegar such as Dynamic Health Labs' Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother. It
should have a rich amber
color with the “mother” of the apple visible as sediment in the bottom
of the container.
The strength of the vinegar is also important. Look for an ACV with a 5 to 6 percent acetic acid. That’s what gives vinegar its tart and sour taste. DO NOT purchase a commercially distilled vinegar…it has absolutely no health benefits!
For a ready-to-go spray for skin problems, the Soothing Hot Spot Spray from Burt's Bees is a good choice. In addition to apple cider vinegar, it's also got aloe vera... an excellent moisturizer with healing properties.
Still not sure if apple cider vinegar is right for your dog (or what other options you should consider for your dog's specific condition)?
You can also click here to review all dog food-related questions asked by others (keep in mind that MOST questions submitted - even those not specifically about dog food - include at least some kind of dietary recommendations).
Also check out these great resources:
Do you believe in holistic pet care? If so, please tell your friends about us with a Facebook like, Google +1 or via Twitter, Pinterest, email or good old fashioned word of mouth. Thank you for supporting our efforts!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.
For additional research, search for your topic...
In the spirit of full disclosure, we wanted to let you know that we proudly support this website through advertising and affiliate marketing. In other words, when you click on a link that takes you outside of this website, we often earn a small commission. These small commissions allow us to keep the site up and running and to continue offering it completely free of charge to you. Rest assured that all content, recommendations and advice are created before, and are independent of, any sponsorship or affiliate relationship. Click here for more info.