Banana Surprise

by Andrea
(Denver, CO, USA)

• 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)

• 1/2 banana

• handful walnuts or 2 tbs. peanut butter (no sugar added)

Blend all ingredients well and freeze in an ice cube tray.

They don't freeze as hard as ice cubes but are more like creamsicles. I'm not sure if the banana is good for her teeth, so this is an occasional treat.

It's actually a recipe I made up for my toddler, but since he shares with the dog it had to be safe for her too. I have made it with rice and soy milk too and still got that creamsicle texture because of the banana.

Comments for Banana Surprise

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Use Caution

The only nut proven safe for dogs are peanuts and only in small quantities. All other nuts can cause severe digestive problems & should be avoided. Bananas are safe but are very high in sugar so should also be limited. Dogs should never be given soy products of any kind, they are linked to a wide range of health problems including but not limited to: allergies, gas & deadly bloat, high blood sugar & diabetes, thyroid damage, seizures, reproductive issues, liver damage & death in some cases. Always best to thoroughly research any product before feeding it to your dog or cat. ;)

Wallnuts are supposed to be bad for dogs. Please do check with your vet. Ceasar Milan says that too.

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homemade Dog Food Recipes.