ask a vet online

Welcome back! Step 1 is finished, so you only have 2 more to go...

2
3

Before you submit your question, there are a few things you need to know...

1. Be as detailed as possible in your question. The more detailed you are, the better our vets' response will be. And please include a picture of your dog or their problem area(it's easy... the form below will show you how). While this is not required, it will greatly help our vets come up with the correct diagnosis and treatment options.
    1. Click here for an example of the question detail we are looking for.
  2. After we confirm that you've signed up through PayPal, we will post your question to your very own web page.
  3. Your veterinarian will respond below your posted question on that new page.
  4. To be notified when your new page is "live" and when your veterinarian responds, you must give us the OK via the notification options (see Step 3 to the right). We strongly recommend that you set the notification options after you click "Submit". That way, you don't have to continue coming back to see if you're page has been created or if your question has been answered... instead, we will send you an email with a link directly to your new page.
  5. If you don't complete the notification options, the only way to find your question is to come back to the bottom of this page (your link will appear after we've confirmed that you've signed up through PayPal). In order to remember where this page is, you should click this button to Bookmark it now...
Bookmark and Share

Bookmarking THIS page will also make it easy to...

• Come back at any time to review your questions and your vet's answers (posted underneath the submission form)
  • See submissions from others
  • If you chose the "subscription" option, this is where you'll ask all of your future questions as well

Okay, now that all that's out of the way... complete the below Question Submission Form where you will ask your question, upload your picture and click "Submit".

Remember to set your notification options on the next page after you click "Submit"!

After you click "submit" in the form below, you will be taken to the final page to review your submission, make changes (if necessary) & set notification options (IMPORTANT!).

We'll email you as soon as your question and answer is posted to your very own web page (if you don't receive an email, check your spam folder).

Ask your question now by completing the below submission form.

*Your question will be answered today if you submit it before 4:00pm EST and no later than the end of tomorrow if you submit after 4:00pm EST (excluding Sundays & 3 holidays).

My Online Vet Question Submission Form
(Paid Subscription Required)

All signed up through PayPal? Great! (If not, click here to jump to the "Subscribe" button.)

Ask your question via the form below. The more specific you are, the more specific our veterinarians can be in their response.

If possible, also upload a picture of your dog (taken within the last day or so). It will make our advice much more relevant.

Having trouble? See our Frequently Asked Questions/Policies.

Enter the basic topic of your problem

Type your problem and question below, and please be as detailed as possible.

IMPORTANT #1After clicking ‘Submit’, SET THE NOTIFICATION OPTIONS on the next page! It's the only way you'll receive an email when your question's answered.

IMPORTANT #2SAVE YOUR WORK in a separate document before submitting so none of your work is lost.[ ? ]

Upload A Photo (HIGHLY recommended but not required) - IMPORTANT: Please include (A) 1 to 3 photos of the problem area(s) AND (B) a photo that represents your dog's personality - 800x600 pixels MAX size[ ? ]

Add a Picture/Graphic Caption (optional) 

Click here to upload more images (optional)

Author Information (optional)

To receive credit as the author, enter your information below.

Your Name

(first or full name)

Your Location

(e.g., City, State, Country)

Submit Your Contribution

Check box to agree to these submission guidelines.

(You can preview and edit on the next page)

Questions and Answers From Other Visitors

Click below to see contributions from other subscribers.

If you haven't subscribed via PayPal, click here to jump back up to the "Subscribe" button.

Dog Squinting, Pink Eye with Mucus 
Two mornings ago, I noticed my dog was squinting and she could not fully open one eye. She had mucus in the corner of her eye, and her eyes were pink. …

Wart on Dog's Mouth 
Last Saturday my dog received her rabies, distemper and bordetella vaccines. She now has a wart (see picture) growing on her lip. I noticed it about a …

Dog with Sudden Swollen Eyelids with Tiny Ulcer-like Excoriations & Elevated Blood Neutrophils 
My dog suddenly developed swollen eyelids with tiny ulcer-like excoriations on the inner lids. No environmental cause or food, etc. Our vet prescribed …

Black Fleshy Dog Lip Growth with Dark Center 
I found a large "fleshy" growth with a black center on my dog's lip. It' looks like an artichoke with small peals of skin around the black center almost …

Dog Dog Sick and Shaking, Toxic Exposures from New Home 
My dog, Pooky the Pekingese, and I moved into a new home which was a new construction in Arizona. I had to move out of the new home due to off-gassing …

Dog Enema Advice: At-Home Administration 
I'm attempting to give my dog an enema. I know how great they feel and my dog hasn't gone to the bathroom in 3 days. I feel so bad and I'm worried …

Dog Blood Work Review 
Our question is about our dog's blood work. Although several areas are listed as “HIGH”, his holistic vet states “Good!!”. In reviewing my mini excel …

Growths, Warts on Dog's Skin 
Recently I have noticed several warts/growths on my dog Koda's skin. There is no discharge and they do not appear to bother him at all. In the past …

Cluster of Bumps Near Dog's Anus 
My dog Zeke has a growth near the anus that we first noticed about 3 months ago. It looks like a cluster of many small bumps that cover a 3-inch oval area …

Natural Treatments for Dog Heart Failure & Tracheal Coughs 
Our vet diagnosed my dog with heart failure and tracheal coughs. He is slower but otherwise alert and positive. He is taking enalipril 2.5mg 2xday …

Cat Lungs Filled with Fluid 
I e-mailed before concerning my cat that is in her last stages of mammary cancer . Now the x-rays show it has gone into her chest and her lungs are filled …

White Spot on Dog's Eye Lens 
I recently notice this white spot two weeks ago on my dog's right eye... can you take a look at the photos and let me know what it is? I don't see any …

Angry Bleeding Wart/Tumour/Ulcer on Dog 
Our dog has a melon sized tumour on her upper hip - but it doesn't appear to bother her - not even a limp! Pull out a frisbee or tennis ball on the dock …

Cat Lymphoma Treatment, Prevention & Causes: Best Holistic Approach 
My best friend Sylvester had cat lymphoma and recently had to be put to rest at age 10. Are there any underlying causes that could have led to this? …

Natural Treatment for Dog Gingivitis 
I have a 5 yr old Boxer with swollen gums. The vet said he has gingivitis and recommended that I get his teeth cleaned in order to fix the problem. …

Dog Skin Infections & Allergies 
Since 6 months of age my dog started showing signs of allergies. The first one we confirmed was food allergies, then as she got older I also figured out …

Dog with Blood Filled Zits That Pop Open 
I have a Dogo Argentino and about 4 days ago I noticed some bumps on his back and thought it was bugs or something minor. Sunday noticed blood spotting …

Small Rash on Chihuahua's Upper Groin Area 
Lupie is 13 years old and diabetic. I noticed this mark today when I came home from work. It was not there yesterday. A month ago he started eating …

Dog Bald Spot After Rabies Vaccine 
My 9 month old toy poodle received a rabies vaccination 2 months ago and now has developed a bald spot the size of a half-dollar at the injection site. …

Dog Eye Warts 
One wart on the bottom of my dog's eyelid showed up about two years ago and then what appears to be another wart on the eyelid above is the scar tissue …

Red Sores on Dog's Muzzle 
My two year old , Loki, has some red bumps on either side of his muzzle. He has suffered on and off with this problem but it has seemed to clear up on …

Skin Growth Under Dog's Chin 
We just found a skin growth that is on our dog's jaw (see photos).. It's on the left side of her jaw, underneath her mouth, about an inch down from the …

Cat Cancer Herbs 
My cat is very ill. She is 14 years old at least (a stray we've had over 13 years). She has advanced stage mammary cancer, is in kidney failure and basically …

Dog Cough Ongoing for 2 to 3 Months 
My 13 year old cocker spaniel Molly has been suffering from a cough for about 2-3 months now. I have taken her to the vet a few times. The vet thought …

Click here to write your own.

Dark Growth on Dog's Lower Eyelid 
My 7 year old Husky/Shepard mix rescue dog has developed a growth on his lower eyelid. Do you have any idea what this may be? I also have a 6 year …

Blood-Filled Growth on Dog's Abdomen 
This growth on my dog Kiki's belly appeared first as a small red line-type mark years ago. Would disappear for a year or so then reappear at the same size. …

Open Swollen Circular Wound on Dog's Paw 
I just noticed yesterday that my dog, Pudge, had a strange open swollen circular wound on the front of his left paw. It's a perfect circle, really red …

Cloudy Puppy Eyes After Vaccinations 
My puppy is only five months old got all 5 of his shots (DHLP, parvovirus, coronavirus, bordetella and rabies) on 6/18/14. The following Friday night …

Red Flaky Itchy Bumps Around Dog's Groin 
My German Shepherd puppy has red flaky itchy bumps all around his groin. He had them before I started treating him for fleas. I got him the flea drops, …

Red Rash On Dog's Inner Back/Thigh/Bottom Area 
My 6 month old pitty has been licking her groin area frequently. I took a closer look and noticed a red rash. I want to make sure it's nothing serious. …

High & Low Numbers on Dog Lab Results 
I took my Chesapeake dog to get his preventive care exam yesterday and these are his lab results . Should I be worried about all the high and low numbers …

Hairless Dry Patch on Kitten's Left Ear 
My kitten who is about 12 weeks old has a very dry patch on her left ear. The texture is almost elephant-skin like and hair does not grow there. It …

Growth on Dog's Abdomen Next to Nipple 
My dog, QT, has a new growth that appeared on her abdomen next to her nipple. It became large in a very short period of time. It's dark and has that 'cauliflower' …

Cloudy, Discolored, Swollen Dog Eye with Dilated Pupil 
Last night, Lucky (four year old female mix husky and possibly aussie) was holding her left eye closed and was in obvious pain, whining and rubbing her …

Growth on Dog's Upper Left Corner Eyelid 
We got our dog Charlie approximately 4 years ago. He was a rescue and they estimated him to be about a year old when we adopted him. At that time he did …

Small, Red, Itchy Bumps on Side of Dog's Body 
My dog has small, red, itchy bumps on the side of her body. They seem as though they have appeared rather quickly as I pay attention to her coat/skin daily. …

Skin on Dog's Belly is Falling Apart 
Our problem began 6 months ago. I started noticing dark patches of skin under my dog Otto's armpits that were very itchy, and the skin was peeling up, …

Black Crusted Sore on Dog's Neck 
The sore on my dog's neck developed about 6 weeks ago and was found by accident when petting him. At first I thought it was a tick. The area of this …

Dog Hair Falling Out with Pain or Irritation 
A female dog and two pups. Some disease has led to their hair falling out and they have pain or irritation. It has been quite hot in the summer of late. …

Infected Swollen Dog Eye Lid 
About 2 months ago, I noticed almost overnight that my dog's right top eye lid was swollen with some yellow (not blood) discharge coming out. I treated …

Dog Skin Allergies, Hives and Redness 
After my dog Bruno's 3rd set of vaccinations, which included a new shot for Lyme disease, he broke out in hives. I took him back into the vet and was …

Itchy Red Rash on Dog's Belly, Neck & Armpits & Hot Spots on Ears 
For the last 6-9 months, my dog Jelly has had an itchy red rash on her neck, belly, and armpits that varies in severity. There is also a little bit around …

Dog with Red Upper Lip 
This is my dog's upper lip. As you can see, It looks a little swollen/puffy but not heaps.

Sudden Terrible Dog Coughing On And Off for 5 Months 
Mollie became unwell within 2 weeks of moving to our new house. She began doing a horrible cough like she was trying to bring something up, it was really …

Round and Red Dog Skin Rash - Not Raised 
My 5 year old adopted & spayed greyhound, Maya, started with one red spot on her hind leg two days ago. It was a perfect circle. Then there were a couple …

Dog Has Sudden Vomiting, Lethargic & Loose Reddish Diarrhea 
My 6 month female Pit Bull got fixed last Tuesday. She is on antibiotics and pain pills, and 12.5 mg of tranquilizers to sleep as she's being crated. …

Strange Growth on Inside & Outside of Dog's Ear 
Our dog Jaden started with this problem about 3 years ago - he had a strange growth on his ear. After many trips to the vet and finally a dermatologist …

Urinary Tract Infection, Blood in Dog's Urine 
My 2 year old pit bull mix started peeing more frequently a couple days ago and looked like she was straining to pee also. This morning there is blood …

Skin Growth on Dog's Neck 
I have an 8 year old beagle (neutered male) that has always been healthy and is a very active dog. About a couple of years ago we found a small bump on …

Click here to write your own.

Bump/Lump On Dog's Ear 
My Great Dane has natural ears, and they do get infected here and there. A week or so ago, they go pretty bad, so I started our cleaning routine and noticed …

Distemper Virus Attacks Dog 
A few months old pup, who, it appears, wasn't vaccinated for distemper, was attacked by the distemper virus. His legs tremble at times, his eyes are …

Dog Licking Large Sore on Paw 
My small beagle dachshund mix licked the top of her paw raw. Now it seems a little inflamed and puffy. She is biting at it which makes it more irritated. …

Dachshund with Red Eye  
We have a 7 year old double dapple dachshund who as of a few days ago came in from outside with a red eye. The eye is already blind so we are thinking …

Warts Around Mouth of Dog 
About a week ago I noticed these three growths around my 7 month old puppy's mouth. They look like warts but I wanted to confirm and to know if there …

Red Swollen Hairless Spots on Dog's Snout 
About three weeks ago my dog caught and killed a rat. At that time, I noticed 2 areas on his snout that were bleeding. I assumed the rat had bitten/scratched …

Dog Sebaceous Carcinoma Surgery Alternative 
My dog is a 12 year old neutered male Siberian husky. He had a growth above his left eye which grew quite rapidly. It seemed to itch and it bled when …

Wart-Like Pink Lump on Dog's Leg 
My male black 8 year old pitbull mix has a pink lump on his upper left leg one inch below his armpit. It has a snake skin type look. It is round, raised …

Dog with Bulbous Eyelid Inflammation 
My 11 year old Staffordshire Terrier has developed a bulbous inflammation on her lower eyelid. She has had these before but they have either fallen off …

Red Bordered Rash on Dog's Leg Is Getting Bigger 
My 1.5 yr old hairy hairless Chinese Crested has a skin condition and it is getting worse. It started as a small red scab like spot approximately a month …

Bleeding Dog Eye Infection with Tumor 
My dog has a bad eye infection. Before it got this bad she had a small tumor on her eye which I think is still there. She is discharging a little blood …

Dog Swollen Eyelids 
Our dog has swollen eyelids right around the edges, sometimes to the point of getting pink (in the picture they are not very pink). His eyes will also …

Dog with White Boogery Eye Discharge 
Lately my dog has been waking up with a white "boogery" discharge near her eyes more frequently and it is somewhat moist in that area. It does NOT seem …

Growth on Dog's Elbow 
I have a 2.5 year old Stafford Shire terrier with a growth on her elbow (the back of her front leg). I noticed it two weeks ago and have been putting anti-fungal …

Reddish skin on Groin & Bumps on other Areas 
The skin on my dog's groin area is reddish/pinkish in color, has a smooth texture and feels thin. I have not really seen him licking the area, but I have …

Convincing a Conventional Vet That a Raw Diet Is Best 
As a veterinarian, how do you recommend I convince my vet that raw homemade diet is the best? How do I get him to understand the benefits? In addition, …

Dog Won't Stop Itching 
This 5 yrs old male lab mix is always itching and his back legs never had hair since I rescued him. Neck is always red and without hair and hot to the …

Dog Eye Lens Subluxation 
I have a Jack Russell terrier who has been diagnosed with a lens subluxation in both eyes. The left lens is worse than his right. My question relates …

Dog Eye Injury - Watering Eye with Eyebrow Damage 
My 43 lb collie mix was attacked by my Mother's dog. It was abrupt but when the smoke cleared my dog's eye looked strange. The eyeball looked normal and …

Yellow Lab with Opened Lump 
My dog is a VERY LUMPY DOG and has been since early on. He has only one lump that is "external" which just opened up. It is about 1.5 inches. I …

Cat with Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex 
My cat has was diagnosed with the skin condition eosinophlic granuloma complex back in September. When we go her she had long lesions on the back of her …

Does My Puppy Have Pink Eye? 
I think my puppy may have pink eye. She has crust all around her right eye and it is draining a thick, mucus-like substance. Doesn't seen to be itching …

Ear Flap Growths / Warts on Dog 
My 7 year old male mix developed a growth on his ear a few months ago... with constant picking and squeezing it finally scabbed over and fell off. Now …

Raised Meaty Red Spot Beside Paw Pad 
My almost 2 year old Great Dane that weighs 56KGS has recently presented with a red meaty lump on her paw right beside her pad. It is a little tender and …

Regrowth of Dog Eye Tumor 
Our dog Sage’s issue is a return of an eye growth. In the December of 2012 he developed a growth on his left eyelid - in the corner. We had the vet surgically …

Click here to write your own.

Eye Infection in Both of Dog's Eyes 
My 3 year old Maltese started with an eye infection two weeks ago. We took him to our vet who did a glaucoma test and said he had conjunctivitis. She …

Raw, Scabby, Bleeding, Pussing Growth with Round Areas on Dog's Neck 
My pug has this growth on the back of her neck. It started out as a subaceous gland cyst. I kept it clean and once in a while the usual thick curdy discharge …

Part 2: Dog Leg Trauma, Lung Tumor & Enlarged Spleen 
I had written before for my 12 year dog whom had suffered an accident here is the link: Dog Leg Trauma, Lung Tumor & Enlarged Spleen - Part 1 I …

Holistic Treatment Options for Growth on Dog 
My German Shepherd has a cyst... well, what we thought was a cyst... the last time it happened I took him to the vets and they gave me antibiotics which …

Dark Red Spots Under Dog's Skin on Belly 
We noticed two large red spots on our dog that looked to be under the skin 2 days ago, one on the underside of each leg (thigh area). These two spots …

Dog with Collapsed, Narrow Trachea 
A few months ago we saw a change in our dog Easy's breathing. We know he snores a lot, but the breathing became heavier, noisier. We went a few times …

Holistic Treatments for Cloudy Dog Eyes 
Are there any organic / holistic treatments for a cloudy cornea? My dog is a Maltese / Shiatsu cross, 11 years old, and has had cataracts surgically removed …

Sore / Growth on Dog's Nose Near Rattlesnake Bite 
Our eight year old female German short hair/Lab mix dog was bitten by a baby rattlesnake this past June. After a long difficult recovery she seems to …

Red Dog Rash Under Front Legs & On Groin Is Getting Worse 
Since we adopted our dog, he's had small red spots he keeps licking, but lately it's worse. It was just his groin area, now it's under his front arms. …

Small Round Raised Area on Dog's Lower Hind Leg 
My dog has a small rounded raised thing on the back of her right lower leg. It is a little smaller than a pencil eraser. It showed up a few weeks ago …

Greyish Puffy Wart on Dog's Gum 
Tonight we discovered a greyish puffy sore in our 7.5 year old male Rottweiler's mouth, inside on his bottom gum (see picture). After some sleuthing on …

Sore on Dog's Nose 
About 6 months ago I noticed a crack on the front edge of my dog's nose, but it didn't seem to bother him at all. After about a month, though, it started …

Dog Constantly Licking & Scratching 
I have a 10 year old Shih Tzu who is having problems with constant itching, licking and chewing. I have been to the vet several times and they tell me …

Dog Leg Trauma, Lung Tumor & Enlarged Spleen 
Our 12 year old female dog had an accident when running to the street and had trauma in both of her front legs. We went to the vet immediately. She had …

Recurring Dog Skin Rash Even After 3 Rounds Antibiotics 
Our dog has this rash that keeps coming back, even after three treatments of antibiotics. It started off in his thighs and was responsive to anti-fungal …

Infected Area Around Dog's Eyes 
The area around my dog’s eye appears to be swollen and infected. I think she may have cut the area by nosing into our composter. She is on a special …

Puppy with Many Red Dots on Lower Stomach Between Hind Legs 
My 4 month old French Bulldog puppy has had a bunch of red (mix of lighter red and darker red) dots all over her lower stomach, slightly on her hind legs, …

Growth Between Dog's Toes 
I have just welcomed my dog Bella, who is roughly 9 months old, into my home from a friend of a friend. They have only had her a few months. From my understanding …

Pancreatitis Dog 
Three weeks ago, my dog got diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis. Since than we have her on a very low fat diet (Butternut Squash, Fish/Cod, Sweet Potatoes, …

Dog's Eyes Are Watery and Itchy 
Zeus has always had watery eyes. He stays in a heated kennel with 2 other dogs and 2 cats. Last week he started having heavily watering eyes and itching …

Canine Urinary Struvite Crystals 
My 7yo spayed Shih Tzu/Poodle (otherwise healthy) was treated for a UTI (urinary tract infection) in September. At Thanksgiving, I brought her in suspecting …

Lab with Eye Irritation from Sand 
My 9 year old lab, Bailey, is having a problem with her eye. We've been playing at the beach so I suspected she got some sand in her eye when I first noticed …

Bumps on Stomach of My Dog 
My dog over the past few days has had these bumps show up on his stomach (see photo). We have tried to give him allergy medicine but it has not helped. …

Dog with Irregular Eyelid Lump  
My 5 1/2 year old spayed female Great Pyrenees recently developed a small lump on her lower inner eyelid. I first noticed it about 2 weeks ago and it …

Sudden flare up of irritated skin with red bumps all over dog's body 
My 15 month old Golden Doodle is very uncomfortable. I first noticed her loose stool at the beginning of a long walk the day before yesterday. Starting …

Click here to write your own.

Sores on Dog's Paw Pads 
Ecko started developing these lesions on the edges of his paw pads about a week ago and they seem to be spreading. He now has them on every paw. The skin …

Small Red Wart-Like Growth Above Dog's Eye 
Our 1-year old lab has a small red wart-like growth about half an inch above his right eye. The growth is about 2 mm in diameter. The growth was noticed …

Hair Loss & Itchiness on Dog's Mouth and Around Eyes 
When I got my dog, she had a spot below her left eye which had some hair loss, but she was otherwise super healthy so I thought nothing of it. She is …

Dog with Droopy, Swollen Eye 
We recently moved to Australia from Croatia - Europe 2 months ago. Our dog was one month in quarantine and lost a significant amount of weight (1kg) and …

Purple Spots on Dog's Abdomen 
My 9 year old dog has been getting red bumps around his crotch, mostly in the 'armpit' between his hind legs. The bumps grow in size and turn purple …

Shelter Dog with Serious Skin Rash / Inflammation 
I am considering adopting/fostering this shelter dog, but I'm looking for info on what this skin issue may be (see photo). He is around 8 years old, neutered, …

Mole-Like Bump on Dog's Lower Mouth Area 
About 3 weeks ago our dog Truffle had a very little pink "pimple" near her lower left lip. It didn't look like anything to be concerned with. In the …

Dog Afraid of Husband's Sneezes & Hiccups 
In the past several months we have been observing a rather unusual behavior in our dog Caper, and we are unable to find a reason for this behavior. We …

Cat Drooling After Licking Urine Gone Product 
Two days ago, our cat licked an area where we had just sprayed the product Urine Gone. Yesterday morning, he began drooling excessively and it hasn't gotten …

Dog with Inflammatory Intestinal Disease 
I am the privileged owner of two boxer dogs: Snooper and Daisy, brother and sister. DOB: 12-13-2009. They have not been apart a day in their lives and …

Multiple Lesions Inside Dog's Cheeks and Above Gums 
My golden retriever has had these small nodules or growths, starting like vesicles and progressing into nodules on his inside cheeks (immediately above …

Dog Hip Growth with Black Base, Pink Middle & White, Hard Tip 
The current growth does not bother my dog Sue, unless you want to take picture. It is black at the base, and appears to have smoother texture than what …

Treatment for Dog Bitten By Other Dog 
My 12lb toy poodle was attacked by a Pit bull mix dog. His injuries are around the neck. I took him to the emergency room where they gave him Rymadyl .5, …

Best Diet for Dog with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) 
My 13 year old female cocker mix, Molly, has been diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) for most of her life. In spite of the IBD, she continues …

Dog with Late Onset Seizures 
I have an 18 year old miniature Daschund named Hazel, who has just presented with seizure activity. She had a seizure on Monday morning about 10am and …

Black Spot on Dog's Sclera (white part of eye), Poor Eyesight & Eye Discharge  
Rosie is a 4 year old French bulldog. Yesterday I noticed a black spot in the sclera (white part) of her eye. I mentioned it to my boyfriend and he said …

Protruding Red 3rd Eyelid 
My almost 14 yr old Lab has a protruding red 3rd eyelid. Never acts like it is painful. She's had this for some time, and it never goes away. Doesn't seem …

Holistic Treatment for Dog Corneal Ulcers After Failed Conventional Treatment 
Our 12 year old mini poodle has been treated 4 times this year for corneal ulcer on his left eye. His vet treated him the first three times with eye drops …

Red Lumpy Rash Above Dog's Nose 
A red lumpy rash started growing above my dog's nose a little over a week ago. It was wet at first, the it dried up and had a scab. Now the scab has …

Dog Still Coughing & Reverse Sneezing One Year After Vaccination 
We rescued a female husky the summer of 2012. She did have some itchy problems, but we were working those out naturally just fine. The first of December, …

Cat with Chronic Ear Infection 
My 1-year-old domestic short-hair cat has run a chronic infection in his right ear most of the time we have had him. He came to us from the SPCA with …

Kitten Has Red, Irritated Chin 
My kitten's chin is red and looks a little like warts or irritation. Not sure if its due to him having a sinus infection (that's why his nose is red) …

Dog with Botulism 
A couple of weeks ago we noticed that our dog was struggling to walk with his back legs and we went to the ER. They took an x-ray of his stomach and it …

Dog's Tail Has Small Patch of Hair Missing and Grayish Scaly Skin 
While grooming my dog this afternoon I noticed a small area of hair missing on her tail. I then noticed a dry patch of of skin. It seems to be a little …

Redness and Scaling Above Dog's Upper Lip 
Noticed this redness and scaling above my dog's upper lip (between nose and mouth) the day after switching dog food. He was eating Science Diet food, then …

Click here to write your own.

Growth on Inside of Dog's Back Leg 
A few days ago my dog Jenny behaved strangely and peed without realizing she did. I only noticed the skin problem yesterday, and it is a bulb type growth …

Large growing, bleeding wart on dog's face 
My dog, Chrissy, developed a mole on her forehead less than a year ago. Within the last three months, the wart has tripled in size and tends to bleed. …

Grey Dog Skin Patches Near Genitals 
My 11 year old Yorkshire Terrier has a skin condition that I noticed recently. It looked like a gray patch that was not raised, but near her genital area …

Squishy Swollen Spot on Dog's Ear Flap with Ear Drainage & Bumps/Scabs Behind Ear 
About a week ago, our dog developed a swollen spot on the bottom of her ear flap. It was squishy (not hard) and she did have a little drainage coming …

Extreme Dog Itching, Scabbing & Hair Loss 
My dog developed itching and hair loss in mid-July during a very hot, humid spell. Her itching was intense, and she was pulling out her fur in patches …

Antronex by Standard Process--Veterinarian Dosage Recommendations 
I have been giving my 54 lb. Polish Lowland Sheepdog 3 Antronex daily during this very itchy time. It has worked miracles for her. My questions are... …

Dog Ear Swelling, Head Shaking & Allergies 
About a week ago, my dog developed swelling in one of her ears. There is no apparent trauma to the area. She frequently shakes her head, and suffers food …

Droopy Goopy Red and Bloodshot Dog Eyes & Itchy Chin with Yeasty Odor 
Our 9.5 year old Spinone Italiano was prescribed three weeks of 500mg Cephelexin following ACL surgery on May 30, 2013 - around mid-June she began to experience …

Lump On Dog's Bottom At Base of Tail 
My dog Billy has a lump on his bottom at the base of his tail. It seems to have a whitehead on it (see photo). He is a 6 year old Rottweiler who has …

Black Spot on Dog's Leg Is Growing 
My dog has a black spot on her leg that has lost hair and seems to be growing. She received two vaccines prior to this spot coming out. What could this …

Mole on Dog's Face Above Eyebrow 
Our 10 yr old silky terrier developed a dark mole above his left eyebrow about 2 months ago. It doesn't seem to have gotten any bigger from its original …

Wart or Growth on Puppy's Nose 
I have a 6 month old lab cross who has developed some sort of growth on her nose. It started about 4 weeks ago as a tiny white dot that has gotten bigger …

Black / Brown Crusty Patches on Dog's Underside 
My dog developed a bunch of black / brownish scabs on his underside which flakes off into his fur. I do not see him scratching. They can be as large as …

Dog with Small Wart & Hot Spots - Cause, Treatment & Diet, Medication and Vaccination Advice 
My dog has 2 skin issues (wart and hot spots) and I need advice on treatment, diet and what is causing the problems, including whether vaccinosis & over-medicating …

Dog Has 10 to 15 White Pimples in Small Area on Back 
My dog has developed 10-15 white pimples in a 2 square inch area on his back. I asked my vet and he said he hadn't seen what my dog has. He recommended …

Cyst in Corner of Dog's Eye 
My dog Zeke has a cyst near the corner of his eye. It looks like it has gotten a little bigger, but it does not appear to bother him. We woke up one day …

Royal Canine Hepatic for Dogs 
I have recently adopted a 12 year old schnauzer that has been given Royal Canine Hepatic for 2 years by her previous owner. Sometimes she gets diarrhea, …

Blackhead-Like Pores on Dog's Chest & Armpit Area 
Xuan Xuan's condition was rather manageable for the past months. About one month ago, I started her on transfer factor for canine in addition to all her …

Dog Eye Redness & Discharge 
I think my dog may have an eye infection. It is red and has discharge. I was told Visine would help. She is a 10 month old female Shar Pei and is …

Horrific Rash on Dog's Underbelly 
Every summer our dog Roscoe gets contact dermatitis on his underbelly - we think it's from mushroom spores, we get a lot of rain here in the summer. Our …

Itchy Face, Paw Licking & Red Inflamed Dog Rash on Chest, Around Nipples, Under Arms 
A couple of days ago my 3 year old female started scratching a lot. I noticed a red inflamed area on her chest. It has now covered her chest and front …

Possible conjunctivitis 
My dog has some gunk coming out of both eyes. What can I do at home that will be cheaper then taking him to the vet if it is conjunctivitis? It's not …

Rash & Swollen Area with Occasional White Bumps on Dog's Mouth with Hair Loss 
My one year old American eskimo has developed an area on his mouth (snout) that has lost hair, is swollen, is very red and occasionally has white "acne …

Food or Supplements Helpful To a Dog with Cerebellar Abiotrophy 
I have a one year old Coton de Tulear (Bentley), and I have had him since he was 10 weeks old. Around the time he turned 6 months old, I began to notice …

Mysterious Sores & Flaky Skin on Dog 
My dog, Asia, has a number of concerning ailments that I’m not sure have been properly treated. The most noticeable one is a half-dollar sized sore …

Click here to write your own.

Pink Dog Skin Rash with Black Crusty Areas & Black Spots 
Last year my dog Bruno developed a skin allergy that the doctor treated with some antibiotics. Later we changed his food to an hypoallergenic one (Z/D …

Lethargic Dog with Severe Hair Loss & Cluster of Raised Black Moles on Neck 
My dog Bentlee is very lethargic, has no personality, and itches to the point of bleeding constantly. He has had what looked like a little black mole on …

Dog with Runny Eye, Small Growth on Eyelid and Chronic Runny Nose 
My dog has a runny eye but I believe that is from a small growth on his eyelid that appears to be a tumor in his gland. You mentioned a problem like this …

Sores in Dog's Groin Area 
We noticed a sore area around our dog Murdoch's groin yesterday. Initially we thought it was probably from just playing. Then we discovered a second spot …

Immune Support for Dog with Autoimmune Disease  
Our 6.5 year old long haired mini doxie, Finn, suddenly got sick this Tuesday, vomiting, lethargy, refusing food. We took him to the vet and after blood …

Homeopathic Treatment for Advanced Kidney Disease in Dog 
My mixed breed 40 lb dog became severely ill nearly 4 weeks ago and was hospitalized. Her diagnosis is kidney failure - whether chronic or acute seems …

Holistic Remedies Alongside Conventional Anti-Fungal Medication for Dogs 
My question is very specific to medication and using additional holistic support to accompany the traditional medication... We just started our dog …

Eye problem 
My dog, Blu, has what appears to be a growth or protrusion in the left eye. It started Friday (6/28/13). On Saturday the 29th Blu was taken to the …

Dog Has Red Englarged Third Eyelid & Itchy Eyes 
My 11 year old shepherd mix has red itchy eyes. It appears that her third eyelid is always showing and sometimes covers half her eye. She does occasionally …

Eye Infection in English Bulldog? 
My English Bulldog seems to have an eye infection. I'm not sure if it is conjunctivitis or just allergies. The problem has persisted for about 5 days …

Round Peeling Red Patches On Dog's Stomach, Inner Thighs & Chest 
My dog first began having a rash on her stomach area about 8 or 9 months ago. The rash started on her hind quarters/back of thighs and looks more like …

Dog with Hot Itchy Skin & Mood Change 
My dog Diesel is chewing his skin to the point of drawing blood. He is acting depressed, he is not eating well, but he never had a good appetite, but now, …

Doasges for Natural Supplements for Dog Allergies 
My dog Ellie gets really bad allergies about this time every year with the grass and heat. She itches like crazy and has had to be put on prednisone several …

Rabies Vaccinations - How to Minimize Negative Effects on Dogs & Cats 
Dear Dr Tillman, I am about to move to the US for 3 years and I must get my dog and cats vaccinated against rabies before I go. The cats are all indoor …

Crusty Fast-Growing Mole-Like Growth on Dog's Leg 
There is a growth on my dog's leg that I noticed on 5/24. The growth is hard and the top is crusty, and the sides are reddish/pink. It's raised up from …

Brown Spot on Dog's Sclera (Eye) 
Our dog's had a brown spot where the iris meets the sclera for as long as we can remember. We took some photos a few months ago to monitor its size and …

Dog Wart on Leg Not Changing in Size, Color or Shape 
I first noticed this ‘wart’ on my dog's front left leg about three weeks ago but didn’t do anything about it until now. It has not changed in size, color …

Dog's Eyes Rolled Back In Head After Restless Night 
Our 13 year old Australian shepherd/cattle dog mix was restless and wandering around the bedroom last night for no apparent reason, acting skittish. She …

Irritation Around Dog's Eye & Mouth 
About two weeks ago we noticed a redness above our dog’s eye. It appeared that some fur was scraped off so we thought that he might have run into a rose …

Dog's Eye is Red Made Worse By Continued Scratching 
My dog seems to be "scratching" her own eye. Once she starts scratching she doesn't stop until I tear her paw away. Not only is the eye really red, …

White of Dog's Eye is Blood-Red & Swollen 
I believe my dog got scratched in the eye by my other dog who escaped the cage yesterday while we were out of the house. The area is sore but the swelling …

3 Half Dollar Sized, Flat Red Patches with White Center on Dog's Groin, Rear Armpit and Neck 
Our dog Otis has 3 half-dollar sized rashes with flat, round red-patches and white centers - one on his rear armpit, one closer to the center of his groin …

Dog Skin Rash Has Moved to Underside and Legs 
I first noticed a problem with my dog's skin on Sunday. After a little research I realized that she had hives. Her fur was raised out in nickel and quarter …

Harness Rash on Dog's Armpits 
Today we took my dog to the dog beach for the first time, and she was wearing her harness as she was swimming. She now has rashes only under her "armpits" …

Dog with Tender, Warm and Enlarged Teat Is Having Difficulty Urinating 
I noticed an enlarged teat (left side closest to hind leg) on my dog in November when we were taking her to the vet frequently for anal gland infections. …

Click here to write your own.

Dark & Puffy Irritation Ring & Hair Loss Around Dog's Eye 
My dog Blake seems to get this eye irritation (see photos) from time to time, but it never fully goes away. He has had the problem for over a year. His …

Soft Pink Growth on Dog's Belly is Getting Bigger 
When my dog Cali was about two years old she had a small (1/8th - 1/4 in) growth on her side / belly. It was covered by her short fur though so I was unable …

Dog Hair Loss & Weight Loss Out of Nowhere 
This is my dog Isack. He recently began to lose hair. It is mostly on his face, underbelly, and legs. He does have some scaly spots up by his neck. At …

Dog Has Itchy Red Spots on Lower & Upper Lip 
My Dog Jasmine has recently developed these open sores on her lower and upper lips (both sides). My wife says that she keeps scratching them really hard. …

Dog's recurring diarrhea after multiple antibiotics treatments 
We have a five-year-old golden retriever Max. Ever since he was a puppy he has always had issues with diarrhea. For the entire first year of his life, …

Lesion on My Dog's Front Leg 
The lesion in the photo has been apparent for about a month. My dog is always licking it, it does not seem to bother her if you touch it and it does appear …

Recommended Dog Multi-vitamin & Joint Supplement 
I want to start adding multi-vitamins to her diet and a joint supplement as well. She has luxating patella in both back legs. Last year they said she had …

Traveling Abroad Without All Dog Vaccinations 
My father has a Service Dog which we do not vaccinate due to prior vaccinosis. We are gonna be traveling to the US Virgin islands and back to Puerto Rico …

Dog's Recurring Hair Loss, Sores and Painful, Bleeding Skin 
A year ago I adopted my 3 year old pekingese from an animal shelter. When I got him he had all of his hair and seemed healthy. But a little after I noticed …

Is My Dog's Growth Serious? 
I have a 2 year old Puggle that has a growth on one of her hind legs. It's on the muscular part of the leg and we noticed the growth start a couple months …

Update on Dog's Ear Wart 
Update on Penny's ear growth : I purchased the Thuya in the 6c potency because they did not have the 12. I put 2 pellets in a dropper with spring water …

Dog's Stained Teeth Won't Get Clean! 
Two years ago our dog Gimmel had problems with his teeth being so stained despite all the special water additives and dental sticks that we purchased. …

Black Growth on Dog's Ear 
Blackish Wart/Growth on the ear that sometimes bleeds, has been there for approx. 6 months. Dog is a Yorkshire terrier and is 11 years old.

Dog Liver Enzymes Are High 
One of my dogs (age 6) had been getting fat, so I took her to 2 vets because she was drinking lots of water and was very anxious. Her liver enzymes were …

Open Wound on Dog's Neck That Won't Heal 
I noticed an open wound on my dog's neck about a week ago. On two separate nights about a day apart, I used peroxide to clean the wound and I used neosporine …

Dog Wart Under Jaw 
My dog, a 3 yr old puggle has recently developed a wart under his jaw. I didn't think it was a cause for concern, but I feel like it has grown. I would …

Calcium Supplementation for Raw Dog Food Diet 
I am feeding my 8 week old lab puppy a homemade {cooked} diet from Dr. Pitcairn's book. While I realize that it is important to supplement with calcium …

Incessant Itching Dog Rash on Ears, Neck, Legs, Flank, Back, Abdomen 
This is Charlie, my 5 year old red hound/lab rescue. He is usually in excellent health. However 2 weeks ago I noticed he started scratching constantly. …

Abscess on Dog's Eyelid Bleeds Daily 
About two months ago our dog Hanna developed this mass on her eyelid. It does not seem to bother her but her morning habit (which she has always had) …

Dog with Green Eye Gook 
I have a German Shepard mix who is 11 yrs old and recently started to get this huge green gook in her eyes. What could this be and what can I do to get …

Dog with Skin Cancer & Punctured Tumors 
I rescued this 13 year old Whippet and the vet says he has skin cancer. I don't want to put him to sleep because he's active and a very happy dog. But …

Small Bump At Injection Point of Dog's Skin After Vaccination 
I just recently adopted a Italian Greyhound and noticed a tiny bump on his skin a week after I vaccinated him. The bump is exactly where they injected …

Dog with Swollen Itchy Eye / Eyelid 
My 10 year old female dog's right eye has been swollen for 3 days now. She rubs it with her paw. Benadryl gives her some relief, but when it wears off, …

Dog Licks Armpits Non-Stop & Has Black Smelly Skin There 
For the past year or so, my dog has been licking her armpits non-stop, day and night. The skin under her short hair has turned very black. Her breath …

Holistic Treatment for Dog Eye Pannus 
My 18 month old Border Collie "Bennie" was recently diagnosed with dog eye pannus (see attached photos). The dark brown spot is at the 8 o'clock- 9 o'clock …

Click here to write your own.

Bumps or Warts Near Dog's Genitals 
These wart-looking bumps (see photo) were found near my dog's genitals. Over the last few weeks we have noticed a few more of them. They are only on the …

Growth Between Dog's Paw Pads 
I just noticed a growth (see pic) between the bottom of my dog's toe pads on her rear foot. It looks like a nail growth but not as firm/hard as a nail. …

Growth on Dog's Anus & Anal Gland Problems 
My vet recently discovered a small black bump on the left side of my dogs anus. Last year in October I took my dog Oscar to a new vet (Oscar is a 10 …

Bad Acne All Over Dog's Body 
I have a 5 month old male Thai Ridge Back pedigree with a very bad pimple-like acne rash all over his body except his face. I live in Thailand and …

How to Prevent Dog Cancer from Returning 
How can I prevent our dog's cancer from returning? Our 5-year-old golden retriever Max was diagnosed with a 1.5cm diameter mast cell tumor (MCT) on …

Dog with Red Skin Eruption and Stomach Problems 
I have a 7 years old min schnauzer with skin and stomach problems. I have given her the following foods Pro Plan, Science Diet, Sensitive Skni, Sentisitive …

Dog Wart on Ear Appeared 2 Weeks Ago 
This wart appeared on our dog Ritka's ear about 2 weeks ago. We took her to the vet 10 days ago to find out what it could be. The vet thought that …

Senior Dog Falls Over Like a Tree Falling 
Less than a week ago, I was approaching my front door with my dog, Theo. He was in the living room standing. Suddenly, he just fell down, like a tree falling …

Dog Urine Is Darker and Has Blood 
Within the last week my dog's urination frequency has increased by 3 times. When I let her out at night she will seem to urinate well over 15-20 seconds …

Small Hard Dog Lumps All Over Body 
About a week after I got my dog, he started to get lumps over his back and rump and the sides of his back legs. To me it looked like insect bites. I …

Photo: Dog Wart, Tumor or Something Else? 
We identified this lump on my 10 year old dog's ear. It was originally very small and white a few months ago, and now its turning black and growing a …

Dog's Eyes Cloudy, Trouble Seeing, Vision Deteriorating 
I noticed my dog has a cloudy film around his eyes with a reddish tint as you can see in the picture. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, but he definitely …

Swollen Cat Paws 
Last week my cat left for 3 days. When he returned his right front paw was very swollen. No wound, thorns, blood or punctures that I could see. It …

Dog Has Small Skin Patches with Hair Loss 
My dog has small skin patches with hair loss on his right side just behind his front leg near his ribs. He doesn't itch it at all, and they don't seem …

Growth on Underside of Dog's Ear 
This growth with rigid (not smooth) surface appeared about 3 weeks ago. Two or 3 days prior I gave Penny a bath and I would have thought I would have …

Dog's UPC Results - Protein Numbers High 
I have a recently rescued a bull terrier about 2yrs old. The vet did some analysis and here are the UPC results. I notice that the protein was high... …

Dog Third Eyelid Inflammation & Mucousy Eye Discharge 
For a few months my 134 pound Mastiff/Black Lab mix has had irritated eyes, with third lid showing. Also a mucousy discharge. Have been to vet. …

Giardia in Dogs & Puppies - Diagnosis & Treatment 
Our conventional vet is great but only provides standard methods of treatment for giardia in dogs (wormer and flagyl). Our puppy is on what they told me …

Dog Not Able to Hold Food or Water Down 
We rescued a 3 year old Maltese female named Sugar. Last week she was vomiting and very sickly. We took her to our vet and they told us she had hook worms. …

Senior Dog Losing Control of Bladder 
I'm experiencing some relatively new issues these days with my dog. Last Friday, we celebrated 14 years together. He's always been able to hold his …

Growth on Dog's Back Inner Legs/Groin with Rash 
A growth has come about on my dog Tonka's inner back thigh or groin and I have never noticed it before, can't really say how long he has had it. He has …

Crusty Stuff In & Around Dog Eyes with Red Eye, Cloudiness and Partial Blindness 
My 4 year old shihtzu female has constant crusty stuff in and around her eyes. The left one has a white scaly thing in the center, the right is cloudy …

Dog Holding Left Back Leg Up - Back Leg Is Swollen with Knotted Muscle 
At the beginning of January we noticed our dog Emma was holding her left back leg up when she would first get up, and that has progressively gotten worse. …

Wart on Dog's Belly Growing In Size 
My 3 yr. old dachshund/beagle mix, Rascal, has something on his belly that appears to be a wart. It has probably doubled in size over the last year. …

Dog Tooth and Gum Health & Bad Breath 
Please review the pictures of the left side of my dog Theo's mouth. I'm concerned about his oral health. His breath seems to be a tad 'rotten' smelling, …

Click here to write your own.

Dog Has Cloudy Left Eye 
I just noticed this morning that my 13 yr old male pug's left eye was cloudy & maybe a little swollen too. He also has a lot of green eye boogers. I …

Dog "diaper area" oozing, angry rash on female 
Our dog was an emaciated, balding, odorous wreck when found. She has some sort of itchy skin allergy with flaky skin after every bath. 2.5 mg 2x/day …

Temporary Cloudy Dog Eye 
This is the second time my dog's right eye has turned cloudy for 1 day or 2 days. It then goes back like the left eye. When I clean her eye it can hurt …

Growth on Dog's Snout 
In September my dog had a growth removed which was located well below the growth in these pictures on his face. I decided to have it removed because it …

Dog Megaesophagus, Frequent Vomiting & Repeated Pneumonia 
Our roughly 7-yr old toy poodle started throwing up after every meal about a year and a half ago. We built her a bailychair for feeding and hold her …

Red & Black Rash on Dog's Underbelly with Hair Loss 
Our 3 year old golden retriever has had a recurring skin rash for the past two years. Originally it was seasonal only in the spring and vet treated with …

Small Raised Reddish Mass Under Dog's Nose 
I noticed last week this small, raised, smooth nodule on the under my dog's nose that seems attached and not free-floating. I wanted to use a blood root …

Best Dog Food Diet For Kidney Issues 
My mom's dog was recently (about 2 months ago) diagnosed with elevated protein levels in her urine. Her vet said her kidneys were weakening and/or she …

Dog Ate My Diabetic Medicine 
Somehow my dog jumped up and got my diabetic medicine (850 mg tablets) and I think he ate 5 of them. How do I counter act this problem without having …

White Dots on Dog's Eyes 
On Dec 31, 2012 I took my dog Blueberry to a vet because her eyes had been very squinty and watery and she was somewhat pawing her eyes as if they bothered …

Dog Hair Loss on Back Near Tail 
Our dog Jackson developed this condition several weeks ago where he is losing hair. Took him to the vet 2 weekends ago. She said it wasn't anything serious …

Recent Flaring of Red, Hot, Scabby & Itchy Dog Skin Rash on Groin, Armpits & Belly 
Recently, my dog's skin rashes seem to flare up within hours (or overnight), and right now it is really bad. Affected are almost exclusively his underbelly, …

Leptospirosis & Lyme Vaccines for Small Puppy? 
We live in Long Island, NY and are not sure if we should give our toy/mini poodle, now 4 1/2 months old, the Leptospirosis vaccine? We've read online …

Cloudiness in Dog Eye is Spreading 
In the past two weeks or so I have noticed a cloudiness in my dog's eye that started near the corner (tear duct area) and move inward spreading up and …

Malnourished Dog with Scabs on Back 
My new dog is malnourished and has scabs on her back. She doesn't seem to be upset about them and doesn't scratch them. I wanted to get expert advice on …

Best Diet for Dog with Kidney Problems 
We have adopted a dog which has always been real skinny since we had her. Apparently her kidneys aren't functioning. I'm told she was born with it. She …

How Spaying/Neutering Affects the Dog Glandular System 
We have decided against neutering our 3 year old male beagle because of the negative affect it has on the endocrine system (we will not be breeding him). …

Dog Blind from Optis Neuritis 
I sold a Lhasa apso puppy female that has gone blind from optis neurits (not sure about GME yet). I don't have a picture of her eyes as she is still living …

Flaky & Itchy Dog Skin Bumps 
Our 3 yr old male mini Schnauzer started getting bumps all over back about a year ago. First it was a few, now its all over his body. He scratches everywhere …

Homeopathic Medicine for Dog Epilepsy 
My 2 1/2 year old lab/beagle mix was diagnosed with epilepsy in December after having three seizures in a 24 hour period. She has always been healthy. …

Best Dog Food Diet for Insulinoma 
My 10 year old terrier mix, Mac, was diagnosed with insulinoma in September 2012. I was just devastated. It's like living with an ax hanging over our …

Does My Dog Have Anxiety? 
Does my dog have anxiety? He's a little bit crazy, but I love him... My Great Dane had not been fed properly before I got him, but other than that …

Itchy Dog Skin with Raised Hair on Back 
My dog Bella's skin has become itchy and she has raised hair on her back. This has been going on for almost 2 years now, and her coat is now getting worse. …

Dark Purple, Brown and Red Pea-Sized Skin Growth with 3 Close Bumps Behind Dog's Ear 
I found a growth behind my dog's ear, see attached pic. The pea-sized growth is right where the back of her ear meets the top left side of her head. It …

Unknown Chronic Painful Dog Eye Condition along with Eye Scratch & Ulcer 
My female blue heeler is only 10 months. For nearly 3 months she's suffered eye problems that have been up and down (better but then worse). At the moment …

Click here to write your own.

Fat Food Syndrome; Lymphatic System Issues & Treatment 
I have a 2.5 year old Great Dane who for the second time in 3 months has developed Fat Foot Syndrome. Something not altogether rare for Danes. But of the …

Pink Bump On Dog's Right Cheekbone Below Lower Eyelid 
On January 1st, 2013 my dog Steve had a play date with a very small terrier and the two of them played for several hours, chasing each other and wrestling …

Red, Swollen & Crusty Dog Rash with Sores on Belly & Hind Legs 
My 1 year old pit-mix has a rash on her belly and back of hind legs. It does not seem to bother her much. The whole area is red and she has sores that …

Skin-Colored Itchy Bump with Darker Ring Around Edges on Inside of Dog Ear 
My dog Boi has some sort of growth on the inside of his left ear that has me very concerned. I first noticed the growth a little over 2 months ago. …

Preventing Heartworm in Indoor Cats Using Neem Oil 
I have two female littermates a little under a year old. I live in the Northeast (Lindenhurst, Long Island, NY) where it is now winter, but looking to …

White Scab-Like Scratches on Dog Then Pinkish-Red Scab with No Fur 
I noticed white scab-like scratches on the back of my 2-yr old doxen, Kemba, so I wiped the scratches with a warm cloth. His fur just wiped off and all …

Dog Eye Irritation & Discharge with Pinkness around Inside of Eyelid 
My 1 yr old dog, Josie, has had an eye irritation for about a week now. It's only one eye, and we started to notice that it's pink around the inside of …

White Spot on Dog's Eye 
Problem: There is a white spot on the lateral side of my dog's right eye (at the margin of the center dark circle). Other details include... - Some …

Skin Lesion Developed After Boarding 
Our dog Sparkle did not have this skin lesion on her face when we dropped her off to be boarded (see photo). Sparkle, who is female about 3 1/2 years …

Pinkish to Slightly Red Rash Under Dog Armpits 
Today we noticed that our dog Molly has a pinkish to slightly red rash under both armpits. The rash appears flat with no papules, vesicles, streaking or …

Dog with Recurring Urinary Infections, Crystals, Struvites 
Over the last 3 years or so my dog's had urinary infections, crystals, struvites on and off. She's been prescribed a number of different urinary foods, …

Red Raw Patches of Hairless Skin on Dog 
About three weeks ago we started noticing that our one and a half year old Nehi St. Bernard, Tommy, had a bunch of dry skin lumps all over his back. When …

Brown & Red Patches Under Dog's Legs & On Belly with Crusty Skin Patches On Rib Cage 
About a week and a half ago I noticed brown patches under my dog's front legs. A few days later I noticed brown and red patches on his belly, which he …

Dog's Eye is Red with a Blue Cloud - Nuclear Sclerosis? 
I think my dog might have Nuclear Sclerosis. We had him in for an exam a month ago. They took x-rays and did blood work and all as ok. But about a week …

Aggressive Young Stud Cat  
My young male cat now lives out in his heated stud quarters. As I do with all my males he always has female company as I hate the boys to get lonely and …

Growths Near Dog's Anus & Dog Behavior Fits 
About 3 months or so ago, I noticed a growth on my dog's behind next to her anus. I took her to a local vet who said it was not a problem and to bathe …

Puppy Vaccination & Flea/Tick/Heartworm Prevention Questions 
I have a 4 1/2 month old collie puppy and the breeder gave him at 8 weeks the Spectra 5 (distemper, adenovirus Type 2, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus) …

Hair Loss, Rash and Skin Irritation on English Bulldog  
Yesterday my boyfriend and I noticed a hard spot on the right side of our 4 year old all white English Bulldog male's face where the hair was stuck together. …

Cat with Nictating Membrane Showing on Left Eye 
Felix, a 24-year old, red, neutered male cat has the nictating membrane showing over about l/3 of his left eye. It has been this way 48 hours or more. …

Dog Licking Privates & Red Spots and Bumps on Belly 
We adopted this 4 year old beagle/Jack Russell Terrior mix from the animal shelter one week ago. Since then we've notice that she has been licking around …

Dog Paws Red On Top with Black Crusty Paw Pads 
In August of 2012 my dog seemed to develop a great deal of pain. He was vomiting and having trouble walking. His ears were full of wax, so I took him to …

Dry Skin Spots On End of Dog's Tail 
The end of my dog's tail has 2 spots: one is the size of a quarter and the other is the size of a dime. I'm not sure if its a growth or what it is. It …

Recurring Dog Skin Issues - Itchy Skin, Oozing Skin, Hair Loss, Elephant Skin, Small White Pods & Raw Skin 
Last spring my dog started scratching a lot. Our vet diagnosed her with seborrhea and gave us a shampoo to use. After several weeks and no improvement, …

Milky Pinkish-Whitish Halfway Up Dog Eye 
Midnight suddenly has a milky/pinkish whitish film halfway up her left eye. Cataracts? Third Eyelid Prolapse? Pressure on optic nerve? This condition …

Raspy Dog Cough 
My dog has a raspy kind of cough, but not all the time. It sounds like she has something in her throat. It seemed to come on after we had our house sprayed …

Click here to write your own.

Canine Eyelid Infection 
Our dog (Staffordshire terrier) has an infection of the eyelids on her right eye. She rubs it on the carpet to the point that it gets bloody and scabs …

Sore Between Dog's Nose & Upper Lip 
Our dog has had a sore on between its nose and upper lip for about 6 months. It started small and has slowly increased in size over time. I have …

Ingredients That Make Dog Treats Perishable 
I am writing from Sao Paulo, Brazil, on behalf of my boss, Mr. Spagat. Recently he was in the U.S. when he bought some dog biscuits and got some recipes. …

Adding Vitamins to Your Dog's Food 
My 7 month old Chihuahua has been on a homemade diet for about 2 weeks now (she loves it). Everything is cooked, pureed, and mixed together, then frozen …

Sore on Dog's Leg 
Just noticed today that my Boxer mix has a reddened sore on his upper left front leg. I have noticed that he is licking it quite often and is guarding …

Dog Mange or Allergy? 
Is it possible to tell the difference between a dog allergy and mange from a picture of the rash? I had my 2 yr old Standard Poodle, Abby, to the vet about …

Dog Kidney Malfunction & Mouth Infection 
Our 11 year old dachshund was diagnosed with kidney malfunction and an infection in her mouth from loosing teeth. We were told to feed her a k/d diet …

Pink and Red Oozing Growth with Small Round Bumps Inside Dog's Ear 
At my dog Herbie's last grooming they noticed a growth in his left hear near the opening to the ear canal. It was not noticed at the previous grooming …

My Cats Have Gone Off Their Food 
In the last two months I have started feeding my cats days old chicks (not live I might add) as part of their raw combo diet. Every cat I have absolutely …

2nd Stroke for Greyhound/Deerhound 
Clyde, my 8 year old Greyhound/Deerhound, 80 lb boy had a stroke 2 days ago. He had a similar episode a year ago. I've had him since 6 months. He's …

Holistic Vaccination Schedule & Weeping Dog Eyes 
My dog Mitzi is due for further vaccinations, but I want to explore a more holistic avenue. She is a 6 year old Maltese/shitzu mix and has been in our …

Squishy 1 Inch by 1 Inch Growth on Dog's Leg Is Getting Larger 
This squishy 1 inch by 1 inch growth on my dog's leg started out small (a few millimeters) a few years ago. Two different vets have looked at it. One …

Kittens Poisoned By Mother's Milk?  
My new kittens go through the normal poo transition stage of yellow milk poo that Mum cleans into the darker normal poo of a weaning kitten, and then a …

Homemade Dog Food - Balanced Nutrition Diet? 
I've been doing hours and hours of homemade dog food research for the last couple weeks for my beloved Lady, a 10 lb. 7 month old chihuahua (possibly mixed …

Remove Dog's Entire Ear After Mast Cell Tumor Removal? 
I have a 6 1/2 year old American Bulldog who had a Grade 2 mast cell tumor removed from her leg 2 1/2 years ago with clean borders. Recently she had another …

Dog Has Itchy, Scaly Skin with Backward Sneezing & Anxiety 
I have adopted a dog last Wednesday from a irresponsible breeder that had 13 other dogs locked up in small kennels. She is very fearful but little by little …

Dog Coughing & Gagging and Can Feel Ball in Throat 
For the past week my dog Rex has been gagging, has had a cough and has been drooling. When he starts gagging, it looks like he's going to vomit. But …

Dog Foot (Toe Pad) Pain Getting Worse 
Prior to the dietary changes my male greyhound dog has been having on and off problems with a sore left front foot. It hasn't gotten better, but has gotten …

Dog won't open right eye; Eye is red, itchy & sensitive to light 
My dog woke this morning and was having trouble keeping his right eye open (or he did not want to have it open). The inner eye lids and the white part …

Dog with CHF Needs Help with Dry Cough 
My dog has an enlarged heart with CHF and now has a dry cough. He has been placed on Lasix, enalapril and Vetmedin. In the past he had shots for bronchtis. …

Dog Inner Thigh Rash Getting Worse with Skin Flaking By Tail 
My dog has developed a rash in his inner thighs that is getting worse by the day. Also his skin is flaking pretty badly back by his tail. He moves around …

Constipation caused by prostate tumor; Area below rectum is hard & round 
On Mon. Oct 22 my mixed breed dog was diagnosed with a non-malignant growth on his prostate approx. the size of a small lemon. He suddenly lost the ability …

Crusty Bump on Dog's Face 
Around 3 weeks ago, I noticed a tiny pimple-like bump on my dog's face. Its now turned crusty and hasn't changed in around 2.5 weeks. I've heard …

Homemade Food for Greyhounds 
I have taken my greyhounds off of kibble for the last three days and they are doing great. No more diarrhea or passing gas! I did a lot of extensive …

Dog skin lesions on leg, chest and underside that start with a white crust on top & come and go (Part 4) 
Today I found some new crusty lesions. I wanted to show what they look like before I scrape the crust off of them. What do you think could be the cause …

Click here to write your own.

Two papillomas or cysts on dog's chest and belly are changing color and growing 
My 7 year old fixed male Yorkshire Terrier/Pomeranian mix has two growths on his chest/belly. I have brought him to two different local vets and was advised …

Growth/Wart on Dog's Head Is Getting Bigger 
Our male beagle is 4 years old and we noticed a small wart/growth on his head about 6-8 months ago. It seems to me that it is getting bigger. It does …

Dog has itching, sensitve skin with red rash on sides and back and chunks of hair coming out 
My pug has been itching a lot for the last couple of months and was sensitive to my petting her on her sides. I took her in and the vet pushed all around …

Bumps along dog's right eyelid 
My dog has developed a few little bumps along her right eyelid. She is not scratching at them, or particularly concerned about them at all. They don't …

Dog Has Thick, Dry, Itching Flaky Skin on Hind Legs with Some Scabs & Sores and Fur Loss Under Tail 
My 3 year old female black lab mix has developed thick, dry, flaky skin all over both of her hind legs. It seems to be itchy but has improved a bit recently. …

Painful Bleeding Bumps with Warts on Dog's Paws 
At first my dog would get bumps all over his body, the vet said he is too young to get an allergy test so they prescribed fish oil, hypoallergenic shampoo …

Constant Dog Eye Discharge, No Infection 
My dog has had constant eye discharge that is sometimes dry and crusty but is also mucousy (no color) at times. Her eyes do not seem to bother her and …

Dog's skin getting darker/black, spotted and splotchy 
My dog's skin and belly used to be a light pink. In the last couple of years it has started to turn black and splotchy - I took her to the vet and they …

Growth on dog's upper and lower eyelid 
Several months ago I noticed the beginning of 2 growths on my dog Willow's left eyelid (upper and lower). I took her to the local vet and they said they …

Dog Biting Skin Resulting in Thinned Hair. Her Puppy Has Fungal Infection 
I have 2 wirehair pointers. The mom is 4 1/2 years old and has had skin problems since she was about 18 months old. She is biting herself and ends up with …

Diet, supplement questions and health issues incl. allergies & hard skin knots 
Back in July of 2010 I rescued a 4 year old and severely abused female Cocker Spaniel who I named Lady Jasmine. She was being beaten (including when she …

Does Preventive Dog Chiropractic Care Make Sense? 
My concern is in reference to my two-yr old female golden retriever Willow. Our veterinarian is holistic and recommends preventive dog chiropractic care. …

Black wart on dog's butt 
Our dog Lucy has this small pea-sized wart on her butt that is black in color and feels rubbery. It bothers her when I touch it, although its not bleeding …

Dog scratching but can't see anything wrong with skin 
About a week ago our dog Jax started scratching in several different places on his body. I could not find any scrapes, spots, fleas, ticks, welts or inflammation …

Dog skin lesions on leg, chest and underside that start with a white crust on top & come and go (Part 3) 
Another thing I also recently found while brushing his teeth is this weird growth on lower lip. I forgot to mention previously that he had two different …

Raised red rash inside my dog's thigh and on her stomach 
My five year old ridgeback/retriever mix came up with a bright red smooth and rough looking rash on the area at the crux of her thighs and belly this week. …

Dog with large pea-sized sebaceous cyst on neck 
My dog has had a large pea-sized sebaceous cyst on her neck which, when squeezed every two weeks, pops out a harden small piece of pus the size of a little …

Dog skin lesions on leg, chest and underside that start with a white crust on top & come and go (Part 2) 
In response to my original question " Dog skin lesions on leg, chest and underside that start with a white crust on top & come and go " Regarding Dr. …

Dog skin lesions on leg, chest and underside that start with a white crust on top & come and go 
Ever since we moved into our new house Kila, my 5 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriver, has had some skin problems. The new house is right next to a Park full …

Best food to try for dog with VERY sensitive stomach 
Since the beginning, we have had trouble finding food that agrees with our dog's stomach. If food does not agree with her, she has one of three symptoms …

Red dots under dog's armpit area with black scaly looking skin without hair (Part 7) 
Dear Dr Tillman, Xuan Xuan's condition has been quite stable for the past 2 months. She has recovered from her limping. On the scale of 10, her itch …

Bump on back of dog's ear 
We recently noticed a red bump on the outside back of our dog's ear. I looked a bit on the internet and it appears it may be a mast cell tumor? If so, …

Chiweenie with tumor 
Four or five weeks ago I noticed a small lump on the right side of my Chiweenie, Millie. Her vet said it was nothing serious, that even if it grew and …

Dog skin problems on back, neck, paw pads, ears, belly and front legs - bald spots, rash, bumps 
My name is Greg and the patient's name is Sam, an almost 8 years old male Collie. We have had him since he was 6 weeks old and he has always been a healthy …

Outdoor Cat Has Open Sore 
A few days ago I noticed my outdoor cat had lost a patch fur on her back. I didn't see any scratches or redness even though she seemed to not want me touching …

Click here to write your own.

Gallbladder sludge and liver disease in dog 
My Rat Terrier Beano is 13 yrs old and 13 lb and has traveled the world with us since he was a baby. He's always enjoyed a healthy and fun life, from Paris …

Dog scratching with red, swollen and bumpy skin 
Our Yorkie terrier Jesse started scratching a lot about a month ago. But she has always scratched quite a bit. Two vets, of a few that we have tried, …

Dog Dandruff and Hair Loss 
When August came around this year, my dog developed excessive dandruff and hair loss. His skin looks good no rash, no bugs. We have washed him three …

9 month old puppy mix with pink slightly swollen third eyelid  
Last Friday (6 days ago) when I woke up, I noticed my 9 month old lab/hound mix rescue (Bodhi) had a slightly swollen left third eyelid. This was after …

Milkly Yellowish Dog Eye Discharge / Infection 
Yesterday morning (9:30 AM) I noticed my 3 year old mini dachshund had a little more discharge in her left eye than normal. It was just a little bit in …

Dog rash started as a few red spots that spread, now hair loss all over body 
My dog has a rash that we suspect is mange. He has had this for a little over a month. The rash started out as a few spots that were red and caused Browser …

Itchy red spot on dog's flank 
Today is the 2nd day of this "hot spot" on my dog Brodie's left flank. He started nibbling at the spot yesterday morning and by evening it was pink and …

Dog eye cloudiness and diminished vision 
We have a 4 year old min pin with some eye trouble. We had initially thought it was just an injury (our male a tad rough with her sometimes) but there's …

Wart-like growth on dog's flank 
My 7 yo golden has a growth on her left flank that I recently noticed. I'm not sure how long its been there and it hasn't grown since I've noticed it. …

Skin around dog's eye is irritated, swollen & scabby 
I am concerned about my dog's left eye. Just around his eyes is some sort of irritation, and it's a bit scabby. It has been like this for a couple …

Inflamed and scabby recurring sores on dog 
I have a 3 year old husky / border collie mix who has been suffering with a skin condition for several months now. At first I noticed the sores on his …

Dog favoring back leg 
Yesterday morning, my Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix was favoring one of her back legs. When I looked at it, there didn't appear to be any wound or breaks. …

Strange dog skin problem 
Our dog's skin problem started 3 months ago... one on the side (close to the belly) and another one is on the nipple and is growing. Small "babies" appear …

Full body rash on my dog 
My dog Rocky has a rash on his belly, down his legs and pretty much all over his body. He also will eat the pads of his paws. Rocky, a 5 year old Pitbull, …

Dog eye bulge has gotten worse 
Please tell me what the eye problem in the photo could be. Dolly is a German shorthair, just over 14 years old. Her eye was bulging a little for about …

Dog with possible Cherry Eye? 
Dog eye problem just started today. Sometimes it looks worse than others. But there is definitely something wrong. I didn't notice any scratches or …

Dog warts on lower lip and inside mouth 
About three weeks ago,I noticed a small bump on my dog's lower lip and thought I'd keep an eye on it for a few days. After a couple of days, as it grew …

Growth on Cat's Lip 
I noticed this growth on the corner of my cat's mouth today. It is not visible when his mouth is closed - but I noticed it when he opened wide. I can …

Dog convulsions 
My dog Charlie has been pretty healthy over the past few years, but with his advancing age (he's a 14-year old Schnauzer), he recently had two events that …

Canine Valley Fever - Will Leaving the Area Help? 
I have a small dog (14lbs) that we got from a shelter 2 years ago. When we got him I took him to the vet for a checkup. Since we live in Arizona I had …

Dog has black scabs on back, bumpy spots on side & "black dirt" on tummy 
My dog ummer and I moved here from Utah in April 2011. We have been struggling with fleas since we arrived. In the last month she has developed this skin …

Red & Irritated Between Dog's Toes & Pinkish Swelling in Mouth 
Sunday evening I noticed my dog Emiily licking her paw excessively. I checked and noticed it was red and irritated in between 2 of her toes. I soaked …

Slow-growing Wart on Top of Dog's Head 
I want to know how to get rid of the wart that is growing slowly on the top of my dog's head. It started about 2 years ago as a dot... it is now a cluster …

Strange Dog Skin Condition 
My dog has a strange skin condition. I have spent some time looking online at symptoms and pictures and nothing seems to fit the bill. Troy is apx. …

Dog has one cloudy eye 
I have a 5 year old chihuahua and looks it like one of his eyes has cataract. He is small and like 10 inches tall. I don't see that he has injured himself …

Click here to write your own.

Right eye tearing with clear stringy discharge 2 to 3 times per day 
We have had our little 5 year old yorkie to the ER vet and our regular vet. The ER vet treated him for mild conjunctivitis and gave us neo poly bac ointment. …

Popsicle-shaped growth on dog's head 
My nine year old beagle began developing this growth about a year and a half ago. It started off small and was smooth. It was shaped like a Popsicle …

Dog skin outbreaks - rash, ulcers and hair loss 
For the last two years my 10 year old female golden retriever and collie mix has been having skin outbreaks. It looks like a rash in some spots and in …

Dog Itching on Multiple Body Parts; Causing Scabs & Hair Loss 
We have a 4 year old border collie mix female spayed, who every so often used to get skin rashes and once in a while her itching got worse. Temaril-P seems …

Rash on dog's belly, bottom and genital area with scabbing and hair loss 
Our dog Maya has had itching and a patchy rash slowly develop over the past few weeks. She has lost hair on parts of her belly and a large patch on her …

Diagnosed as a dog eye allergy 
Please take a look at the photos above. Is this an eye allergy? That's what the vet said, but it has been a while... 5 days since she went to the vet …

Small Dog Skin Bumps 
Our 4 yr old Papillion has 2 bumps: one on her head, and one on her neck. We noticed the first one a month ago, the second one popped up about 2 weeks …

Dog Constantly Coughing 
My little dog is constantly coughing. He is a Yorkshire terrier and he's 17 years old. I took him to the vet and he was given steroids and antibiotics. …

Less Expensive Dog Heartworm Treatment 
Two days ago I found out my 7yr old pit bull "Bubba" has heartworms. The vet did complete blood work and exam and said his blood work results were great. …

Wart on outside of dog's ear 
I have a male beagle mix that is appx 4 years old and 35 pounds. On June 4th I noticed something stuck to the fur on the outside of his ear. At first …

Dog Has Skin Like Material Growing Over Left Eye  
A few days ago we noticed our dog's right eye looked a little glassy, then yesterday out of no where her eye became very different from the left eye. There …

Dog Has Constantly Watering Eyes 
My Chihuahua mix has constantly watering eyes. I can't find a scratch or other irritation but they've been worse in the last couple of days and it looks …

Dog's Right Eye is Red and Swollen; Acting Depressed 
About 1 month ago I noticed my dog twitching his head to the right and occasionally scratching at the top of his right eye. When I would go to pet him …

Feeding Puppies a Natural Food Diet 
I sadly lost my golden retriever last year to lymphoma - I changed him to a natural diet when he was five and he loved it. I will be getting two golden …

Dog keeping eye closed and third eyelid covering half of eye 
We noticed our 10 year old hound mix, Luke keeping his right eye closed earlier today. No problem prior to that. We assumed that he had something in it …

Dog eye allergy or something else? 
A week ago we bought Baby Girl Publix brand dog food, she didn't want to eat it and soon following she developed an eye allergy (we believe she was telling …

Large mammary tumor in a 6 1/2 year old boxer 
I have a six and a half year old unsprayed female boxer. About two years ago she developed a small tumor on her back leg. At first it seemed like it …

Big fluid-filled lump in dog's foot 
My boxer dog has this lump under his left paw. It doesn't seem to bother him except when he plays on rough surfaces. What could this be? I mm taking …

Bichon with eye irritation 
I noticed this morning that my dog Burt's eye appeared to be a bit irritated. I noticed it first thing this morning and didn't notice anything out of …

Anal Gland Impaction or ?? 
First, I want to thank you for this service. Just a few questions might help our family get clarity on the situation. I'm a holistic health practitioner …

Eroded Cornea in Dog Eye 
Our 2 yr. old, 50 lb., English Bulldog was "dog sitted" for a week while we did home renovations. Before she left, her right eye was tearing up a little. …

Marble-Sized Eyelid Growth on Dog 
Our 11 year old male beagle has developed dark marble-sized cyst or growth on his right eyelid. He had smaller cyst several years ago which went away on …

Scratch on 7 Week Old Puppy's Eyeball - Should You Adopt? 
I have put a deposit down on a 6 week old puppy. The puppy’s father is a purebred shih tzu and the mother is a shih poo. The breeder is now saying that …

Raised red rash/bumps on dog's chin 
About two weeks ago, my dog developed raised bumps/rash under her chin. We thought it might be fire ant bites; however, it hasn't resolved. It also looks …

Dog's swollen eye and decreased mobility  
I have a 10 year old male Labrador Retriever (Howie) who has had a swollen, red and itchy left eye for at least 2 months. His eye seemed to worsen …

Click here to write your own.

Bleeding itchy scabs on dog's back 
I Have a 6 month old pug/jack russel (Jug) with two scabs on his back. The first one appeared a few weeks ago, but he wasn't scratching it and we thought …

Weird growth on my puppy's left leg 
Our 1 yr 6 month old female Pekingese developed a growth/bump on her back left leg close to her genital area, but not so close is in the middle of her …

Possible Cushing's Disease in Dog 
First thank you for helping me with my Dogs "open" wart problem a few months ago. I am happy to report that it has shrunken in size dramatically and …

Hair Loss around dog's mouth, both sides 
I rescued Wesley from the ACC shelter about a month ago. He's a black, 40 pounds, lab/collie mix, 1 and a half years old. Please bear with me as I …

Dog paw fungus and rash 
My dog, Gizmo, has lived in the United States with my parents most of his life. About a year ago my parents sent him to live here in Puerto Rico with me …

Dog squinting both eyes; Discharge and pink stuff present 
My 12 year old dog woke up yesterday squinting his eye. He also had a lot of boogy discharging from the same eye. Today he woke up and he had some pink …

Dog skin rash on groin, paws, back legs and belly 
Starting in January our 3 yr old shih tzu has developed a skin rash on his groin area and paws, it is down his back legs and onto his belly. The area hardly …

Dog's eyes are bulging, swollen and very red 
Yesterday I noticed one of my hunting dogs looked funny. I got closer and noticed her left eye was bulging out and almost rolled back in her head. Her …

Puppy born blind in one eye 
A breeder is offering me a havanese puppy that was born blind in one eye (the eye is also smaller). She usually sells them for $1200 and will sell him …

Corneal Ulcers & Other Eye Problems in Boxer Dogs 
I have a boxer who is a 1 year old. Since November he has had his eye scratched nearly 6 times... well, that's what we think as my younger plays rough …

Finger-like growths around dog's legs 
My 11 year old male beagle has a few finger-like pink growths around his legs. They are growing longer but don't appear to be bothering him. I would …

Dog has itchiness all over and seems uncomfortable 
Over the winter months, our dog Bean would have bouts of scratching, but nothing significant. Once spring hit this year, we noticed his itchiness getting …

Black crusty or ulcerated lump on dog's ear 
About 6 weeks ago (4/2012) my dog got a round red bump on his ear. We watched it for a week and tried to squeeze it a little to see if anything would come …

Dog fell on head - Irratic behavior and blindness 
We have a minpin that fell from about chest high onto a wood floor and landed on her head/neck. We knew she was hurt because she layed there and twitched …

Small Red/Pink Lesion on Dog's Jaw 
We noticed a small red/ pink lesion on the left side lower jawline of our 2 year old dalmatian on 05 May 2012, approximately 4 days ago. We believe it …

Reddish pink bump on dog's shoulderblade 
About a month ago I noticed a reddish pink bump on my dog's left shoulder blade (she is a 3 year old pitt (possible mix)). I am constantly hugging and …

Dog's eyeball rolled back 
Just last week at the vet, my dog's eyes checked out perfectly. When she woke up on May 5, one eye was closed shut. When it started to open, the eyeball …

Dog's inner thigh skin problem 
My Siberian Husky cross has developed a problem on his inner thigh. The skin area is basically void of hair but seems to get hot, possibly from him laying …

Dog drags back feet a lot 
My dog Drago has been dragging his back feet a lot. He is going to the Vet for acupuncture and it seems to help, but after about 12 days post-treatment …

Dog hair loss and rash over belly and genital area 
My uncle's 10 mo. old blue nose Pitbull Terrier, male has been going through this for about two or three weeks but has been coming back than fading away. …

Sack-like growth hanging from dog's face 
The first sign of my dog's tumor was 9 months ago. It is now almost sack-like, hanging from her face. Current size is approx 3 inches wide by 2 inches. …

Cat eosinophilic granuloma 
What holistic remedy can be used to cure eosinophilic granuloma in my cat? Where can I buy it?

Dog Eye Irritation But No Scratching or Rubbing 
My dog left eye is irritated, but it doesn't seem to bother him. He doesn't scratch or rub it. His other eye is fine. Rowdy is a neutered male 4-year-old …

Swelling on cat's lower lip 
I am wondering about this swelling on the lower lip of my 10 yr old female cat. Can you tell what it is and what holistically I can do about it? Thank …

Red dots under dog's armpit area with black scaly looking skin without hair (Part 6) 
27th April 2012 Re: Red Eyes Dear Dr Tillman, Xuan Xuan took her first dosage of Mercurius Sol 30C on 14 April 2012. These two weeks, there is …

Click here to write your own.

Dog renal failure... will not eat 
Our 8 year old Australian shepard mix breed dog Rexie tested positive for Lime's Disease and we were told she was in renal failure or very close to it. …

Red lump on puppy's snout 
My puppy is 11 weeks old and has just had his second round of puppy vaccinations (5 days ago). Today I noticed that he had a red lump on the side of his …

Tick Infestation in Home and on Dogs 
I have a bad tick infestation in my home and on my two dogs (German shepherd and Belgian malinois). For awhile I was just picking the ticks off the dogs …

Small Pink Wart on Dog's Paw 
I just found a small pink wart on my 14 month old chihuahua's paw this morning - it's located at the 'knuckles.' I found it because it was bleeding a very …

Dog is biting fur off lower back 
Last Oct. I rescued a Papillon/chihuaha mix that had been abused. He is about 5 years old now. He had been biting the hair off his lower and mid back …

Dog diagnosed with skin infection, then Lyme, now pancreatitis 
I recently submitted my story/question about the nightmare we have been going through . Well, it just keeps on getting worse. I lost my 16 yr best …

Dry flaking itching skin on my dog 
My dog has been chewing the bottoms of her feet and scooting her butt for years. She has a very itchy bottom of her chin, now has dry flakes on her back...like …

Dog vomiting bile and will not eat or drink anything 
Yesterday my dog woke me up at about 6am to go out. He peed then threw up. Back inside he threw up again...and again. It was all foam. He behaved fine....active …

Dog Wart or Not? 
My dog has this red bump on her ear. Is it a wart? Before it had a scab as if she scratched it and made it bleed, but now it is just big, red and out …

Dog Diagnosed with Lyme's Disease 
Our story is pretty complicated & ugly-I'll try to be thorough. We moved into a new place just over 30 days ago. The place is a trailer home in one of …

Dog's left eye is cloudy and getting worse 
My dog Hannah was diagnosed with Pannus at about 1 1/2 years of age, and I proceeded to treat her with Prednisone eye drops off and on for the next ten …

Stray dog has red eye that appears cloudy 
I just found a dog and am unable to get it to the vet because of my work schedule. The white area of the eye is all red on both sides. The coloured area …

Large black lump on dog's lip started peeling 
Our 7 year old Jack Russell Terrier named Milo has had a large black lump on his upper lip for just over a year. We assumed it was a kind of skin-tag and …

Red Rashes on my Dog's Legs 
My dog has constantly been scratching for almost one week. He has these red rashes on both his legs. Please advise. He is 3 year old schnoodel.

Dog Eye Redness and Swelling That Makes It Appear Droopy 
My dog's eye symptoms first appeared yesterday (3-28): Left eye very red (where it should be white). No abnormal oozing or other discharge. Slight swelling …

Chronic Dog Ear Infections and Skin Problems 
My problems are ongoing as I have two shar pei's that have chronic skin problems. I have changed their food to Solid Gold Holistic Blendz with Core …

Dog has a small bluish growth on lower lip 
There is a small bluish growth on my dogs lower lip. Is it acne, a wart, or something worse? Thanks

Dog with Vomiting, Diarrhea and Shaking 
On Thursday my dog ate dinner but was vomiting clear fluid. On Friday he continued to vomit, did not eat and had one bout of diarrhea. On Saturday he …

Skin problem in the outer ear of our dog 
Cooper is our 2 year old Australian Terrier. He has a flaky, dry skin irritation on the inside of both his ears. It is worse at the point where the skin …

Growths on dog's front paw pads 
About a month ago I noticed a growth on the side of one of the toe pads (it almost looks like a smaller extra nail in its shape and placement). I took …

Constant Itching of our 4 dogs for months! 
In August of 2011, we went on a month long trip to Europe and left our puppies in the care of a close friend. When we returned, all 4 dogs were scratching …

Dog's Eye is Red & Drains Pus & Tears 
In the past few days my dog's eye has become red and has been draining a little pus and tears. It is bloodshot on top and the third eyelid seems a little …

Small Wart or Growth on Puppy's Paw 
My wife and I recently decided to get a dog which our 3 boys have been patiently waiting for one for several years. We purchased a Cocker Pei male puppy …

Internal Dog Tumor Deemed "Inconclusive" 
My sister took care of my dog Lucy about a month ago after 3 weeks of not seeing her. She noticed that Lucy had begun to put on a little weight, but I …

Canine Papilloma Virus 
My 1.5 yr old Texas blue lacey has canine papilloma virus. Our young 2 yr old golden retriever neighbour dog does as well (inside of mouth for both). …

Click here to write your own.

Puppy Rash with Small Round Red Lumps 
Soon after we got our puppy we noticed that he had a small rash on his stomach, small round red raised lumps approx 2mm in diameter and some had yellow …

Growth on German Shepherd's Left Side 
My 8 year old German Shepherd de-sexed male, Kaiser, has a growth on the side of his body, by the rib cage, a couple of inches down from his left front …

Dog Suffering from Chronic and Severe Diarrhea 
My almost 13 year old Australian Shepard named Rugby has suffered from chronic severe diarrhea since November. He was taking the arthritis medicine Deramaxx. …

Dog x-rays show a gray mass 
My dog had x-rays that show a gray mass on the length of the right side of his body. It's not a well defined tumor, it's just a gray mass. The blood …

Dog Vomitting - Urgent or No Big Deal? 
When I got home from work today I noticed that my dog had vomited in his crate. I took him outside right away he seemed ok and went to the bathroom (1 …

Skin of dog turning purple/grey 
I have an Italian greyhound since 1 month 1/2. The back of his legs near his testicles started to turn grey/purple with spots about a month ago. …

Dog Has Two Small Bumps 
My dog has two small "bumps" I'd like your opinion about. #1 is on her front left leg/arm. It has been there for approx 7 years. It has grown very …

Red rash, itchy dog skin with "waxy" texture 
My 8 year old Maltese Rocky has been itching non stop for the past month or so. His hair was trimmed to better treat the skin issue, and his hair has …

Dog Fistual on Face 
My 12 year old Shitsu/Maltese mix has had an ongoing problem with a fistula on her face just below her right eye for more than a year now. When she initially …

Dog epilepsy / grand mal seizures 
Recently our dog Bobbi has had two episodes of seizures - the first group of 4 occurred over 36 hours at the beginning of February and another two on 23 …

Chronic Dog Diarrhea for a Month and a Half 
Angel has had chronic diarrhea on and off for a month and a half. More on than off. I gave her Pepto Bismol, which would work for a day but if I stopped …

Dog eye irritation / redness & excess tearing 
A few weeks ago I noticed a dark spot around our dog's right eye (it seems to be from excessive tearing, like her eye keeps watering). She already has …

Very red dog eye with yellow puss 
A couple of days ago we noticed that our dog's eye was very red and has a yellow puss coming out of it. He is scratching at it and it is getting redder …

Chronic dog coughing for one year, sudden onset 
My dog developed a dry cough about one year ago for no reason whatsoever. He had not been in a kennel, he had not been sick, he has been on his heart …

Dog sneezing, runny nose, woke up from sleep because of breathing problem 
My dog Jade is 4 years old Labrador. She was given first injection of kennel cough two weeks ago, and starting 3 days ago she has been sneezing quite often …

Bilateral symmetric hair loss in 7 week old puppy 
I am adopting a female cockapoo puppy from a reputable breeder. This week at her 7 wk check-up, the breeder asked the vet to examine some skin patches …

Holistic way to treat dog tumors? 
My 10 year old non-nuetered English bulldog has been diagnosed with t-cell lymphoma, although so far it doesn't seem like it has attacked his internal …

Dog eye infection-discharge,redness and pimple on eyelid 
I sent my dog to a 'daycare' center for a day play (first time)on 5th Feb. After she came back at the end of the day, I found some gray, milky color discharge …

Four-Year Wart on Dog's Head 
Please take a look at the wart on my rescued Tibetan Terrier's head which has been there since we rescued him about 4 years ago. He is now approx. 8 years …

Blister-like growth on dog's front pawpad 
My 10 year old Collie cross mongrel is a very fit and healthy dog but has been licking his front left paw a lot. He is as wriggly as an eel, so impossible …

Dog with skin rash, reoccurring UTI's and prone to bladder stones 
My spayed 8 yr old Havanese has been on antibiotics for a large part of the past year. She first started having very localized skin rashes about two years …

Dog has bumps on nose 
Three or four pink bumps appeared on my dog's nose a few weeks ago that over time has gotten bigger. Could it be a pimple or an abscess? It looks like …

Dog is vomiting white liquid / froth 
My 3 year old Bishon mix woke up this morning vomiting white froth and liquid which has continued for the last 5 hours. Every time he drinks water, he …

Infection on outside of dog's lower lip (causing bad breath) 
My cocker spaniel has had a bad breath problem for about 2 weeks - we did think it was her teeth but now seems to be a slight wound on outside of mouth …

Bump on side of dog's neck 
About two weeks ago we noticed a 1/4" bump on the side of our dog's neck right near but not under her collar. It does not seem to have grown any and is …

Click here to write your own.

Raised round bump on dogs back 
We noticed a spot on our miniature pinschers back about 2 weeks ago that looked like a very small bump that was losing hair. She now has a bump just a …

Odd-smelling black-head-like rash on dog's stomach 
We got a new dog and noticed he has a rash like area on his stomach. I think it smells kind of weird and its partly black with red around it. It kind of …

Red dots under dog's armpit area with black scaly looking skin without hair (Part 5) 
Dear Dr Tillman, 22 January 2012 6 Weeks after Sulphur 1M 2nd Dosage Xuan Xuan's condition has been quite bad for the past few weeks but improving …

Small growth on the top of my dog's paw 
Three days ago I noticed a growth on the top of my dog's paw at the base of the web between her first and second toenail. It is attached at a small place …

Very smelly rash on groin area of dog 
A little over a year ago my dog came down with this very bad allergy/rash that covered in the end a good portion of his body. He lost a lot of hair because …

White bump on inner edge of my dog's ear 
On January 2nd we noticed that our dog had a white bump on the edge of his inner left ear. The bump is very hard and resembles a wart. It does not appear …

Dog tooth decay? 
My dog appears to have tooth decay, but I don't understand how or why. We food our dogs well, choosing labels with good ingredients and never feeding …

Dog Diet Question - Blue Buffalo Wilderness 
Good morning, I am writing again about Quinton so hopefully the previous info I left on that post regarding his characteristics is sufficient. ( …

Red Itchy Dog Skin Rash All Over Body & Warm to the Touch 
I have recently adopted a shih tzu female who has a terrible red itchy rash in spots all over her body and little patches of missing hair I did not see …

Small bump above dog's right eye 
Back in September 2011, we noticed a very small, somewhat hard pimple like bump about 1.5" above our dog's right eye. The bump is approximately 1/8" in …

Black lump near dog's eye 
Our dog has developed a black bump near one eye, which is increasing in size. I have been putting Vitamin E on it for the past few days, but so far no …

Itchy dog skin with rash and bald spots 
I have 1.5 years old German shepherd female and she is not spayed. She developed a red rash first when she was 8 months old. The vet said that it was …

Red dog skin rash with brown splotching 
Male Chihuahua is 6 years old and has rash on right side of his groin area. The rash has occurred in the past but subsided. It has re-occurred in the …

Struvite formation in dog, allergies and Vitimin C 
Our 8 year old English Cocker Spaniel, Yara Boo, has two contradicting conditions: 1. Allergies: she gets very itchy scabs on her skin. She is on two …

Eye infection in 16 year old yorkshire terrier 
My 16 year old female yorkie has cataracts and the left eye has turned red, we are concerned that this has become a serious infection.

Wart on back of Lab/Pit mix 
This is a wart I noticed recently on the back of my beautiful 9 year old lab/pit mix named Daisy. I want to know if this is something I should get checked …

Dog "eyeliner" peeling/disappearing & chin rash 
My 4 year old Welsh Corgi girl, Punky, has has had zero skin issues until the past two months. Initially, I noticed some discoloration on her right eyelid. …

Gastrointestinal illness in dog - Losing weight; picky eater; diarrhea & vomiting 
We have a 3.5 year old female cockapoo named Cassidy. Her highest weight in early 2011 was 7 pounds 4 oz. The dog came to us from a very reputable breeder …

Stinky Dog 
Help! I have a very stinky dog. Montana is approximately 6 years old. He weighs 62 lbs. and is a Belgium Malinois Mix...(we think.) Anyway, he smells …

Fluid in dog's throat and ichy, lumpy skin 
My Boston Terrier has had itchy skin since yesterday evening. His throat is also swollen/fluid filled. His skin looks generally lumpy. We just moved …

Itchy Dog with Hair Loss 
My rescue has been itchy for a bit and is scratching hair off of her ears, and the fur on front of her neck is now thinning as well. I suspect an allergy …

Thin pink area around dog's eye 
Our 6 mo old male Siberian husky has had a thin pink area around his eyes for a few months, the left one being the most significantly noticeable. The pink …

Dog eyelid growth and itchy torso 
I noticed this growth on my dog's eyelid about 2 months ago. I noticed today that it might have gotten a bit bigger by adding nodules. It does seem to …

Dirt-like substance on the underbelly and elbows of my dog 
I recently noticed this dirt-like substance on my dog's underbelly. My dog, who is a cocker spaniel, recently had fleas. I treated the fleas with a flea …

Severe dog diarrhea after taking arthritis medicine (Previcox) 
My dog has severe diarrhea which I think is the result of his arthritis medicine (Previcox). Here's the background: My dog has been diagnosed by my …

Click here to write your own.

Bumps on top of dog's paws turning into bigger cysts 
My dog has a cyst on his back foot - it’s huge, about the size of a cotton ball (see photo). The other two pictures are of his two front feet. All these …

Old Dog with Blisters on Belly That Pop & Leave Red Spot 
I have a senior Shetland sheep dog who is suffering from a skin condition with blisters mainly on the belly that will pop and crust over leaving a red …

Skin-Colored Growth In Dog's Ear 
My dog Joker has had ear problems his entire life: Ear allergies, wax build up etc. But last night when giving him his ear cleaning treatment, I came across …

Spot of Blood After Dog Cough / Hack 
Yesterday when I came home from work my dog had vomited up a piece of a cracker, and she hacked (almost like a person trying to clear her throat) and spat …

Growth on inside of dog's right ear 
Tommy, 2 1/2 year old Blenheim Cavalier King Charles Spaniel developed a growth on the inside of his right ear 6 days ago. Initially thought he had grazed …

Multiple Dog Cysts / Warts on Head, Neck & Leg 
For the past 5 years my dog started to get these "cysts" or warts. At first there were only 2...now she has about 6. Mainly on her head/neck and one …

Dog's Third Eyelid Halfway Closed 
Our black Labrador Retriever's third eyelid is halfway closed and is discharging crusty matter. He's had this for about three days. We thought maybe …

Red rashes on dog's belly & groin area 
My 5 year old dog (Pranky, a Boxer) has developed red rashes on the underside of his belly and hind legs. He has also rashes and discoloration on his …

Lag between bad dog food and diarrhea 
Is it possible to determine the lag between my dog eating a bad food and having diarrhea? I gave her (65lb female lab) an uncooked bone with a bit …

Photo of Dog Eye Problem 
Our dog's eye started to have the problem you see in the photo about 1.5 weeks ago. It doesn't seem to bother her, but I don't believe she can see out …

Dog Ear is Bright Red & Swollen 
My dog (pit bull) continues to scratch her left ear. It's now bright red and swollen and I can tell it's hurting her. I got some Q-tips and warm water …

Dog Nails Too Long 
Hi, the nails on my dog's front paws have grown too long and keep me up at night as she walks around the house. I'm told that filing the nails with a Dremel …

Sudden wart or growth on dog's head 
This growth appeared on our dog's head as a tiny little skin tag or scab a few weeks ago and developed into a pea-sized wart-like skin-colored growth …

Small Black Growth on Dog's Right Ankle 
Today we noticed a small growth in what is a very sensitive part of our dog's right ankle. We inspected it and thought at first it might be a pin or nail …

Dog eye transitioned to dark gray color, now appears blind 
My dog's eye lens recently started to look "see-through" (like human lens implant). Her pupil got bigger, then her eye matted shut, then her eye turned …

Tremors of dog's legs 
My dog started experiencing tremors of his legs about four months ago. He is a 10 year old Jack Russell - rough coat. He has been tested for Lyme's …

Mast cell tumor on dog's ear - Vet wants to remove entire ear 
My 7 year old pointer was recently diagnosed with a mast cell tumor on her ear. Two years ago she had a mast cell tumor removed from her side. It was Stage …

Dog Stroke and Seizures 
My dog started having seizures 3 months ago at 4 week intervals. I had switched his flea meds from Frontline to a new generic called Pet Armor that was …

Head tremors in dog 
About 4 days ago my dog Pono began having head tremors. The first time I saw it, I thought I was seeing things. We were driving in the car, and his head …

Rash on dog appeared suddenly 
This rash on our dog seems to have appeared suddenly. It appears to be over his entire body, but mostly on his belly (he has thick hair on his back so …

Dog skin irritation around eye, secondary rash on thigh 
Three weeks ago we noticed that the skin around our dog's left eye was red and swollen. The vet initially diagnosed this as a scratch on the surface of …

Dog with dandruff-type skin condition, itching and odor 
My dog has developed this dandruff-type skin condition. I tried oatmeal shampoo (or at least I instructed the groomer to use it) as well as coconut oil …

Third eyelid of dog's right eye is swollen 
My dog began developing an eye problem (third eyelid of dog's right eye is swollen) 2 days ago which we noticed after returning home from a short trip. …

Gray/copper discoloration of dog's eye 
Our dog developed gray/copper discoloration of eye about one week ago. It does not appear to affect her (not rubbing or closing eye) except for some increased …

Dog with optic neuritis following retrobulblar abscess 
Summary: Optic neuritis following retrobulblar abscess in our dog, a 2 1/2 year old male shepherd mix. On October 7th, we took our male shepherd mix …

Click here to write your own.

Dog's neck curving, shoulder slumping and walking sideways 
Our dog started to walk a little sideways over the last two weeks, and we thought it was odd. A couple of days ago we noticed that one of her shoulders …

Dog diet and supplements for enlarged heart 
We have a 13 yr old Cairn/West Highland White terrier mix (Josie) who has an enlarged heart. About 4 weeks ago she had a fainting spell, so in the last …

Frequent dog heat cycles 
My 2 year old unspayed female Bullmastiff started her first 2 heat cycles, which were normal at at about every 6 months. That was last year. This year …

Reoccuring Dog Diarrhea 
My dog has had reoccurring cases of diarrhea and has had 2 UTIs. She is currently free of UTI but just started having diarrhea again a few days ago. …

Dog warts multiplying and growing in size 
My dog Gracie has warts that are multiplying and growing in size on her eyelid, snout and inside part of her right ear flap. I've also felt a growth (cyst?) …

Female dog has growths on her paws 
We have a 1.5 yr old female pug that has developed some growths on her paws. We thought at first they were ticks (we live in NYC and take her to Central …

Dog Has Small Holes in Side, Open Wounds on Leg, Strep, Infection and Painful Bluish Tongue 
I have a 5 yr old rescue shih-tzu, and in June she got a compressed disc in her back (no idea how it happened). They put her on steroids Dexamethasone …

Scabs on dog's belly and joint of back leg 
We went to the vet last week because of a round scab on my dog's belly. I thought maybe it was ring worm. She told me that he was perfectly healthy and …

Chronic but Modest Dog Diarrhea 
My dog's had modest diarrhea since I got her and I've tried several remedies with no luck (yogurt, pumpkin, switching to a grain/gluten free diet (natures …

Rash on underside of dog 
Our dog has a rash on his underside that is about the size of a silver dollar. It appears to be underneath the first layer of his skin and looks to be …

Opaque Dog Eye - Possible Cataract - Happened while nusing in litter 
I bought this puppy from a friend who had a litter of Weimaraner's. He is eight weeks old. When I picked him up she told me his eye was scratched while …

Dog Bladder Stones Treatment & Nutrition 
My shih tzu is on a special low protein diet for ammonium phosphate dog bladder stones she had a year or two ago, and I'd like to transition her to a …

Dog Swollen Eye 
One of my dogs (7 year old female Lhaso) had her lower left eye swollen when I got home from vacation last night. It doesn't seem to bother her much or …

White area in corner of puppy's eye 
I am fostering 5 puppies until adoption. I see a white area in the corner of the inside of one of my puppy's right eye. This just showed up yesterday. …

Dog skin rash, excessive sleeping, tight muscles 
On my dog's belly from the lower mid-area down to her hind legs (and a few on the face and mouth) are these patches. Some are just red or bald, some are …

Wart on Dog's Head Changing & Getting Bigger 
Starting mid summer (late July), I noticed a wart on my 6-year-old dog Roxy's head. It started as a small bump, but it continues to change and get bigger. …

Dog Holds Eyes Wide Open with Slight Eyebrow Twitch 
Our 11 year old small female collie/terrier mix has twice this month had an episode of holding her eyes wide open with slight eyebrow twitching. She holds …

Fungus on Dog's Belly & Rash Around Groin 
Six months ago our dog started to get a weird rash on his belly and we took him to the vet. They tested it, diagnosed it as a fungus and gave us some …

Multiple Dog Skin Tumors 
Three or four years ago my dog started growing small lumps under her skin. The one on her shoulder has now grown to slightly larger than a golf ball. …

Dog belly rash after being spayed 
My dog has this rash on her belly (see photo). She was spayed about a month ago and you can see where she was shorn. She's a rescue, about 19 months …

Red dots under dog's armpit area with black scaly looking skin without hair (Part 4) 
17 September 2011 4 weeks after second dosage of sulphur 200c Xuan Xuan's condition has improved slightly over the last 2 weeks. Although she is still …

Bulging white of the eye in my dog 
My 10 year old beagle has suddenly developed a bulging white in the right eye, inside corner. She does not appear to be uncomfortable. She is in good …

Should I vaccinate my dog? 
I had two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels from the same litter. They are 4 years old. They both got their puppy vaccinations via the conventional method. …

Puppy has cloudy eyes 
Our new puppy has cloudy eyes and we are worried about cataracts. Is it normal for new puppies to have cloudy blue-ish eyes? Will it clear up, and if …

Dog Heartworms 
I have 12 yr old mixed breed male dog with heartworms. His weight was 55 lbs 2 months ago, but he has lost weight, has little appetite and is weak. He …

Click here to write your own.

Furless patches on my 10 year old dog 
My dog started to lose hair on the back at the rear of his body. The hair is also deteriorated from all around his tail. I live in a suburb north …

Dog eye irritation and gunk 
I am concerned about my dog's eye(s). About a week ago, for the first time I started noticing gunk in both of his eyes and more seemed to be in his left …

Eye injury after dog play 
Our 2 year old Cardigan Welsh Corgi spent the weekend at a friends while we were on vacation. Their pet (large golden retriever) and ours played often. …

Ugly oozing dog warts 
My Maltese has many warts on his body but the one that bothers me is a very large wart on his shoulder that constantly bleeds. The vet says he can remove …

Pinkish bump on my dog’s cheek 
My two year old dog, Hyde (Mastiff / Pit mix) got this bump on his cheek about a week ago. I can’t tell if it is getting bigger.... maybe just a little …

Swollen dog eyes with red, bulging membranes accompanied by a new limp and warts 
For the past several weeks our 5.5 year-old female Goldendoodle has been experiencing problems with her eyes. The lower membrane seems to come up too …

Dog Eye Irritation / Infection 
My seven year old male German Shepherd has inflammation fully surrounding his right eye and a few bumps of inflammation in the corner of his left eye. …

Demodectic Mange or Something Else? 
My 3.5 month old Australian Shepherd pup has been diagnosed with Demodectic mange. Her symptoms are: Itchiness, red skin, aversion to heat, lots of small …

Scaly Skin Growth on Dog's Elbow 
A few weeks ago, while brushing Max, I found something 'stuck' in his fur on his left elbow. He had just visted the groomer a few days before, so I found …

Scabs and itchy skin on my puggle, but no fleas 
My puggle has been itching like crazy the past week or so. He has developed scabs rapidly almost out of nowhere. He also looks miserable in his eyes (they're …

Dog Fur Loss After Diet Change 
After starting our new dog food diet, my dogs took to it well at first. After a few days, one of them would eat around (and lick clean!) the string beans. …

Dog Wart on Right Front Leg That Dog Chews On 
My dog developed this wart on his right front leg. At first it was small, but he has started to chew and pick at it to the point that sometimes it bleeds. …

Dog Skin Lesions 
My dog began scratching ears raw 2 weeks ago, until bleeding ulcer started. Now, area scabs then reopens (dog in cone, so can't scratch), ear edges are …

Dog has red eye with green discharge and fur loss 
My dog started to have itching of the eye and was rubbing her eye on the ground. A week later it looks like this. She has lost her fur around the eye and …

Dog Has Drooping Eye 
My dog has a drooping right eye. There is no pus or blood. There is something white that is starting to cover his eye from the bottom. What is his condition? …

Discoloration of dog's eye, showed up out of the blue 
The inner corner of my dog's left eye has a milky area. Can't get her to hold still long enough to tell if there is any swelling or change in shape of …

Pet dog has cloudy eye 
I have a three year old terrier/chihuahua mix in good health, but he developed a cloudy left eye about a month ago (see pic). Is this something that …

Dog has been hospitalized 3 times - follow up 
Phoebe continues to do well however, yesterday she threw up a little one time and this morning I found she had regurgetated this brown liquid that smells …

Canine Skin Rash 
Within a week of her arrival at my home, my dog developed hives. I gave her Benadryl and they went away. Not long after, I noticed a rash. She doesn't …

Red and Weepy Dog Skin Rash on Back 
My 2 year old newfie/blue heeler cross has developed a really red and weepy rash on his back. We noticed about 4 weeks ago a similar one on his should …

Dog has been hospitalized 3 times - Vets cannot diagnose or successfully treat her 
June 5th - my dog started coughing - we were out of town. June 7th - we got home, she was still coughing and had a fever of 103 F. She had an oval lump …

Dogs Have Dry Itchy Ears with Areas That Bleed 
Both of our Jack Russells have dry, itchy ears with areas that bleed. Is there a natural remedy for this?

Treatment for trauma eye cataract in dog 
On July 2nd I accidentally struck my dog in the right eye with the metal end of a leash. I struck him fairly hard. He seemed to be in immediate discomfort …

Recurring Dog Rash 
My dog has a recurring rash. My vet prescribed him Simplecif, but the medication only takes the rash away temporarily and it keeps coming back. The vet …

Yeast ear infection in a dog that won't allow ear drops 
I have a 3 yr old bullmastiff/coonhound mix who has a chronic problem with yeast infections in his ears. My problem is that he is (what I would consider) …

Click here to write your own.

Pink bumps on my dog's chin 
My sweet boxer mix has some pinkish bumps in a cluster on her chin. She had recently gotten some cactus in her foot, so I thought it may have been …

Dog digestive problem / upset stomach 
My 8lb. Havanese was taken to the vet in 2009 for vomiting. They gave her Metrodozinale and Panacur, which seemed to make it go away. A month later, …

Chronic Infections on the both sides of my dog's exterior lower mouth / muzzle 
Just over a year ago my dog (a 70 lb lab/Shepard/chow/pit, etc. mix) began suffering from a terrible infection on the outside of his lower mouth (both …

Dog's eye has odd white partial covering >Third eyelid infection? 
My dog has something wrong with her eye - her third eyelid is covering more of her eye than it should. She is an older dog and will turn 14 next month. …

Prolapsed Third Eyelid in Dog 
I have a 5 month old Great dane and he has a prolapsed third eye lid. What can I use to fix it holistically?

Scabbing and hair loss on dog's stomach 
My 1 1/2 year old male sheltie got his shots about 3 weeks ago, and yesterday we noticed he was losing a lot of hair. We checked his stomach and noticed …

Circular Red Dog Rash on Belly 
My dog has developed a circular rash on his belly, its all clear in the middle (same color as his skin) with a little crusting on the circular lining. …

Very Red & Slightly Raised Dog Skin Rash in Armpit with Hot Spots 
My Boston Terrier has a very red and slightly raised rash in his arm pit. He has been getting "hot spots" the last couple of weeks. They get red and …

Red and swollen around dog's mouth area 
My dog has always been healthy except for allergies on her tummy. The vet has given her antihistamines before and Prednisone (one time only) and it did …

Stye-like Growth on Dog's Lower Eyelid 
My 9 year old male pug has what appears to be a stye-like growth on his lower eyelid. There is no redness or discharge, however it appears to bother him …

Bump or Wart on Dog's Back and Eyelid 
My 6 year old Bichon Frise has had a bump on his back for over a year and one on his right eyelid for 6 months are so. The bump on his back looks just …

Dog's Eye Partially Rolled Up and Inflamed 
Dog's left eye appears to be partially rolled up and slightly inflamed. Can you tell what's wrong?

Dog Itching and Biting Himself for Relief 
We have an eight week old Golden Doodle that has been biting and scratching a lot. We have taken him to the vet who thinks it may be lice (though I can't …

Dog Is Itchy, Has Allergies and Loss of Hair 
I have an approx 3 yr old Puggle I got from a shelter. The first year I had him, we had some allergy issues, but they cleared up. Now, it's never ending. …

Dog leaking clear fluid around bottom 
My two year old Westie is leaking a clear fluid around her bottom. I took her to the vet and he said it was her anal glands, but I am now doubting this …

Summer dog skin rash and severe itching 
About 3 years ago, my dog got a rash as the weather began to increase into the 90's, and the itching persisted for the entire summer. Last year was not …

Dog Eye Irritation from Hand Soap 
Late last night I used a conditioning hand soap with lavender essential oil in it on my dog b/c I heard that washing your pet with lavender scent can help …

My Dog Hank's Poor Eyes 
About 2 1/2 weeks ago I brought my 16 week (at the time) lab/Shepard pup to his vet with what looked like droopy red eyelids. The vet prescribed 5ml of …

Dog treatment for eyes watering,dry nose,vomiting, head shaking, lack of energy 
One month ago, my dog developed some hearing loss and blurry eye sight and started getting startled easily. She was still showing interest in her daily …

Recurring dog eye infection 
My 4 year old cavalier cross beagle Jerry has had a recurring dog eye infection for the last two years (his height: 40cm, weight 15.5 kg). Jerry often …

Red Bump Underneath Dog's Nose 
My dog has red bump right underneath his nose. I noticed about 2 weeks ago. Since then it has gotten bigger and redder. It almost looks like its going …

Dog has cloudy eyes probably from allergy, head bump or trauma 
For about a week now, our maltese has cloudy as well as teary runny eyes that result in yellowish-white deposit at the inner edge of the eye socket. We …

Dog Skin Rash in Stomach and Hair Loss on Tail 
My Long haired dappled dachshund has a skin rash on his stomach area. The area is bald with small raised bumps almost like a wart. The skin is dry and …

Red rash on dog's tummy 
Yesterday I noticed a red rash on my dog's stomach and around her genitals down onto her back legs. It almost looks like pimples, as you can see from …

Dog Hot Spot / Rash 
My dog has a recurring hot spot/rash on his rear end that I'm hoping you can help with. "Crash" is a Shepherd/Collie mix, neutered male, 6 years old. …

Click here to write your own.

Red Rash and Bumps on Dog's Belly with Furr Loss 
Our 15 month old pure breed black German Shepherd has a red rash all over his belly. There are also some red bumps and he's losing his fur (it's thinning …

Dog eye problem - bubble on the cornea over pupil and iris 
My dog has had a slight irregularity of the cornea for a few months, but recently I noticed that it's looking really bad. It's almost like she has a bubble …

Dog Constipation Following Diarrhea 
My four month old English Bulldog Herbi has not pooped going on the third day today. As of Monday June 13th, he had diarrhea in his cage at 2am, diarrhea …

Dog eye redness, bulging eye and outside swelling 
Our dog's eye has redness, bulging and outside swelling. Some background: He was kicked once in the stomach by a cow when he was about a year old. Since …

Chihuahua vomiting 8 times in one evening 
Our 2 year old Chihuahua Mojo ate a lot of grass yesterday. Afterward he vomited a yellow substance and grass. He would not eat his normal food, however …

Red dots under dog's armpit area with black scaly looking skin without hair (Part 3) 
Dear Dr Tillman, Xuan Xuan received his second dosage of Sulphur 30c on 5 Jun 2011. It is about a week after her one day of one dosage. Her diarrhea …

Eye infection in Dog (Eye Redness) 
I have a miniature pomeranian and noticed over the past couple days ever since I gave her a bath that her one eye is reddening up. The connective tissue …

Squeaky / Gagging Dog Cough 
My 15 year old Maltese Terrier Charlie (male) has developed a cough with two parts to it, the first part - his cough makes a high pitched squeak which …

Dog Skin Growth 
Our 10 year old male boxer has often had skin tags, warts, and flat pigmented areas that come and go. Two months ago, we thought this growth was a simple …

Can't get diagnosis on our dog's illness 
Bailey is our ten year old standard charcoal grey poodle...he does have hip dysplasia, but it never bothered him before. He was fine, and then suddenly …

Possible dog wart? 
My dog has developed a bump on his eyelid just a couple weeks ago that at first was a pink/flesh color and has overnight turned a grey/black color. I …

Wart on Dog's Lower Eyelid 
My 2 1/2 year old Brazilian mastiff, Liam, has developed what looks like a wart on his right lower eye lid. It showed up about two months ago. I assumed …

Dog Has Cloudy Film Over Both Eyes 
My dog has developed what looks like a cloudy film over both eyes. My vet says it is a fatty deposit due to eating "people food". She says it has obstructed …

Red Non-Raised Rash in Dog Groin Area 
Today I noticed a red, non-raised rash in my dog's groin area. I checked the rest of him, and it appears to be local. He does not seem to mind, no itching, …

Dog skin rash in red patches and hair loss, back part of body 
First of all congratulation on your very informative and helpful website! Thanks for being out there. We hope you don’t mind receiving questions from a …

Dog Wart on Ear 
Our dog Leon, an 11-month-old male Rhodesian Ridgeback, has has a wart on his right ear for about three months now. A friend of mine first noticed it in …

Red growth in left eye of dog 
My 12 year female Wheaton Terrier has developed a red growth on her left eye. Our vet (VCA) has been trating it with a 5ml solution of NeoPolyDex. I don't …

Open wound on dog with skin rash 
My dog started losing his hair maybe 3 days ago. I saw a small rash but now it has grown to a large open wound. There is still skin around it but there …

warts on my dog's face and mouth 
My 6 month old Siberian Husky (30 lb) has growths in and around her mouth and on her eyelid. I took her to the vet three weeks ago and they said there …

Dangling Cyst on Dog's Elbow 
My English Pointer has a large dangling cyst on his elbow. He has had it for a couple of years now and I was hoping it would fall off but has not. …

Redness around dog's belly button 
Our dog's skin and coat look great besides this rash-like semi circle around his belly button. We have cleaned it many times and have used Sentry HC …

Dog's Swollen Outer Ear 
A little over a month ago, I contacted you about a scar tissue problem in my dog's (Gracie) eye . Since then, it has been healing nicely. Today, I …

Brown Flaky Skin on Dog's Tail 
I have two Flat-Coat Retrievers that have the same problem on their tails. About mid-way through the length of their tail, and on the top side, they both …

Dog Eye Swelling 
Our 13 month old black lab developed swelling around his right eye about 2 weeks ago, it hasn't really had any drainage or notable problems with vision …

Gunk in Dog's Eye and Blinking Often 
Winston is 7 years old, a very healthy, frisky Parson Russell Terrier. For the past 4 days now, his right eye has been red--though the redness seems to …

Click here to write your own.

Red dots under dog's armpit area with black scaly looking skin without hair (Part 2) 
Progress Report 3 weeks after second dosage of Thuja ( click here to see part 1 ). Xuan Xuan's condition has been relatively the same for the past 2 …

Dog Eye Irritation Issues 
I have a 2 year old Havanese who has been having eye irritation issues. She was staying with a friend of mine who uses a wood stove and when I picked …

Dog Chronic Diarrhea 
My dog Ranger has a long history of episodes of soft stools. He is a 12 1/2 year old neutered male golden lab mix, weighs about 78 lbs and has hip dysplasia …

Bumps on dog's paw - toenail infection 
MY DOG HAS DEVELOPED BUMPS ON HIS HIND LEFT PAW. THE FIRST ONE THAT STARTED GROWING IS RIGHT NEXT TO HIS TOE NAIL. THE TOE NAIL IS A LITTLE BLACK AS …

Eye problem in Jack russell terrier 
Buster has a history of chronic skin allergies. We have tried several treatments, but the most successful have been steroid injections (depo medrol) approx. …

Dog with Zinc Deficiency Has Itchy Eye 
My dog has been diagnosed with zinc deficiency. She is doing great on the zinc supplement except for one thing: her left eye is itchy and she keeps scratching …

Bumps on Dog's Face 
Our 11 year old Chihuahua developed bumps on her face, specifically above her lip on her left side, about 1 1/2 months ago. At first, they were very small …

Dog Yeast Infection Turned Into Itching All Over 
My dog phoebe has had what started off as a possible yeast infection (elephant skin? when I searched for it on the internet) on her right ear. A tiny black …

Dog Cancer? Should I be worried? 
Since my Bouvier was a small puppy I noticed this small pink discoloration on her lip. Today she is 10 months old and now she has 3 large bumps: 2 on …

Nasal growth in my dog 
My 3 yr old border collie/lab mix has developed a growth in her nose. The growth is mostly soft. She frequently "snores" because of it, and at times has …

Dog wart, papilloma or something else? 
I'd like to know what kind of growth - dog wart, papilloma, or something else - is shown in the above photo, what I can do to rid my dog of these, if possible, …

Frequent Dog Urination, Leakage, Increased Water Consumption  
In the last week or two, my mother's male collie has been leaking urine on his bed both at night and while laying in it during the day. I would say that …

Chronic Dog Ear Infections & Skin Problems 
My mother's dog Wicket (Shih Tzu) has struggled with skin and ear problems for quite some time. He itches all the time, chews on his feet, has persistent …

Cat scratched dog's eye 
My cat just scratched my dog's eye. The scratch (it doesn't really look like a scratch it looks like a white area, where color is missing from the eye) …

Inflammation & Scabbing on Dog's Eyelids with Yellowish Discharge 
I woke up this morning to discover inflammation and scabbing on my dog's upper and lower eyelid and yellowish discharge in the right eye. I had noticed …

Malignant dog wart or should we go to a vet? 
Our 7 mo old black lab has had this wart for a couple of weeks and now. He also has a small one his nose. The one on his lip is cauliflower-like and the …

Black wart or growth on dog's upper eyelid 
A few weeks back our dog started to develop a dry circular area above her eyelid. As the weeks progressed, the spot developed into a wart/growth (as seen …

Black wart on side of dog's penis 
My dog has what looks like a black wart on the side of his penis. I thought it was a tick at first - but it's clearly not, and it's getting slightly bigger …

Dog Eye Condition? 
We didn’t notice the ‘issue’ until he was maybe six months old. We’ve asked our vet about it twice. It’s a larger practice so we’ve had two opinions over …

Bump on Dog's Ankle and Lame Leg 
Bailey was fine during the day, but when my mom came downstairs a few hours later he was limping/lame in his back left leg. We inspected the leg and found …

Dog Eye Inflammation 
My dog has inflammation in one eye. The white of his eye in the inside corner is inflamed and red. He normally has reddish whites in both eyes but they …

Scar tissue problem in dog's eye is getting worse 
Nearly 5 months ago, I began seeing a new vet in town, who noticed some corneal damage to my dog’s right eye. She is a 7 year-old boxer named Gracie. …

Sore on Dog's Leg 
Our 12 year old yellow lab has developed a very bad looking sore. It started with a smaller sore and with all the licking it seems to have gotten much …

Third Eyelid Swelling in Dog 
My cocker spaniel has a swollen third eyelid in the corner of her eye. It appeared last night. She is about three years old, under 25 pounds, active, …

Dog pelvis seems tilted 
Today I noticed that our dog's pelvis seems tilted from left to right - when standing evenly on all four legs one hip bone is higher than the other. She …

Click here to write your own.

Dog Diarrhea Keeps Returning 
My female Great Dane has developed dog diarrhea. We have tried several different treatments, and the diarrhea keeps returning. She is approximately …

Back leg lameness in dog 
My dog was fine until a few frisbee falls. She came down HARD on her back right leg, this was 6 months ago. Since then we have been practicing agility. …

Red dots under dog's armpit area with black scaly looking skin without hair 
My dog has a skin problem including red dots, a black scaly-like bald patch under her armpit and an oily sweat-like feel on her skin. She is a 4-year-old …

Raw and leathery dog skin rash 
About 2 months ago, my dog was licking and biting at her belly and when she moved I noticed that she had licked it raw. The raw spot was approx 4 inches …

Dog with Swollen Eyelids and Watery Eyes 
My dog's eyelids are swollen, his eye waters (the left is worse than the right), he scratches at it, will scratch the skin off and get scabs, and he squints. …

2 dog skin patches circular in shape missing fur and scaly looking  
My dog is experiencing 2 patches of fur that are eaisly pulled off, and the skin is circular & scaly in apperance. He is an overall healthy 6yr old shar-pei. …

Severe and Ongoing Demodectic Mange on Dog 
My dog Oreo has demodectic mange confirmed through several skin scrapings under a microscope by a conventional vet on December 30th. Oreo is part …

Pimple-Type Bumps in Dog's Eye 
My dog started with this 'pimple' type bump in his eye. He rubbed it and some oozy stuff came out but now there are three little bumpy pimples. We …

Bloodshot dog eye with small ulcer 
Tonight when I came home I picked my dog up and said, "he looks like he has been at the bar till 2 am!" His left eye was all bloodshot and there appears …

Skin issue of french bulldog 
My dog has a chain of small bumps (that ooze when scratched) from her righ paw, up her leg, across her chest and neck and up to one ear. The bumps are …

Golden Retriever Eye Problem 
Two days ago I noticed some redness in my 13 year old golden retriever's right eye. Yesterday, I noticed that it was a little more red and the bottom …

Eye problem for Cocker Spaniel 
My dog, Lucy, has been experiencing eye problems for a little over a week now. Being a cocker spaniel, she is prone to them and has gone through this type …

eye issues 
My dog Snitter started gradually exhibiting cloudiness in his eyes about two years ago, most noticeably in his left eye, though there is some in his right …

Chihuahua with congestive heart failure 
My chihuahua has congestive heart failure from mitral valve disease. He is 8 years old and weighs 5.5 pounds and is taking vetmedin and lasix. He is …

Dog with Rash on Belly 
Problem: Rash appeared about 5 days ago. The rash on his belly has turned darker and has started to get darker and harder. Rash is also in the crease …

Growth hanging from dog's eyelid 
About a year ago I noticed a small bump hanging from my dog Linus's lower eyelid.. it looked like a sesame seed. The skin around his eyes is a blackish …

Dog with eye discharge and slightly red/pinkish eye rims 
I am interested in adopting this dog, but I am a little bit worried about what I see in this picture. She is a beautiful sheltie/spitz mix and I will …

Dog eye infection  
Our dog Sierra's eyes have been droopy and red, and she has had a yellowish/brown discharge from both eyes the last few days. This morning a whitish haze …

Dog with spinal cord problem and partially paralyzed 
On Monday, Dec 6th, my previously healthy Frenchie, Pia, who was doing nothing other than lying on the window seat, suddenly lost the use of her left front …

Mass behind dog's left ear diagnosed as a tumor 
My 10 yr. old Italian Greyhound, Wylie has what our vet has called a tumor behind his left ear. This just came up about 2 or 3 days ago; our visit with …

Puppy skin itchy and hair loss 
We have had our puppy for 2 weeks now and she has been itchy since she came here. She constantly bites at her feet/legs and scratches. She is a 6 week …

Red Spot on Dog's Lower Lip/Chin 
My 3 1/2 year old bichon/poodle mix has a red spot on his lower lip. It's flat, neither moist nor dry and not sensitive to touch. But it seems a little …

Growths on Dog 
My dog, Cali, has some growths we are concerned about. We probably first noticed the growths about six months ago. She has one that is oval, pink and …

Dog skin wart? 
This bump is about 4 inches from my dog Abby's tail - it came up about 3 weeks ago. We have trimmed the hair around it and there is no more discoloration. …

Dog Has Severe Itchy Skin with Pustules 
My dog once again broke out with pustules all over his body. He scratches and chews them to the point of bleeding, has red, irritated skin and once the …

Click here to write your own.

Oozing Dog Wart Won't Heal 
Because of Max's age and a possible heart problem, his vet decided to leave this "wart-type growth" alone. Max is a 12 year old Cocker Spaniel. I am …

Dangling Dog Tail Growth 
My dog Emily has a growth on her right back leg (pictured). It measures 1 inch long x 1/2 inch wide. The growth dangles, or hangs. She has had it for …

Red sores on dogs belly 
My dog has been diagnosed with a bacterial skin infection twice in the last two months. Both times he was given antibiotics and medicated shampoo. …

White bump next to dog toe pad 
My 19 month old golden retriever has a white and very hard bump next to his front left paw toe pad. It is about the size of a small pencil eraser. It looks …

Dog scratching and hair loss with red marks 
I have recently noticed that my dog is losing a lot of hair for this time of year, which is strange as now in Bulgaria it is winter and she should be putting …

Cloudy dog eye with reddish tint 
My dog Sissie's left eye has a reddish tint to it and has clouded over. I think she still has vision in it because when I wave my hand over it, she blinks. …

Dog with red eye, eye discharge and hardening of the outside of the eye 
When I came home from school today my dog Coco had his left eye half open with a mucus-looking discharge coming from it. He won't let me wipe his eye, …

Dog Acting Strange 
Our dog is acting strange. Usually she jumps up and down off the bed, couch, truck, you name it. Over the last two months we have noticed her sleeping …

10 Year-Old Weimaraner Needs Alternative to Steriods 
We have a 10 year-old Weimaraner that developed an intense itching problem about two months ago. He never had problems like this before, and we can't …

Dog Eye and Skin Irritations 
My dog Mattie has been itching, biting, and clawing herself to a raw mess. I assumed this was left over discomfort from the fleas (more on this in a moment), …

Dog's Left Eye Problem 
About 1 year ago while bathing my dog Duke I noticed a small growth on his left upper eye lid. It didn't seem to bother him, and stayed about the same …

Chafing and Dog Hair loss from Gentle Leader Leash 
I bought a gentle leader dog leash and had it put on incorrectly. After a few uses, my dog developed a bald spot on her muzzle, just under the left eye …

Patchy Dog Hair Loss on the Anterior Neck 
What is causing the patchy dog hair on my dog's neck? This has been going on for several months and is slightly worse. The Vet there put her on a topical …

Swollen, Red Bump on Top of Dog's Paw 
I noticed a small, dime-sized bump on the top of my 9 year old Belgium Sheepdog's paw earlier this week. It seemed to have come out of nowhere, and all …

Dog Vaccination Schedule Second Opinion 
I would like to receive a second opinion on how/what/when to safely vaccine my puppy Chelsea. She is a cavalier king charles spaniel and was born Aug …

Itchy Dog After Baths 
Within the last 6-8 months my dog seems to have become sensitive to baths. After a bath she is very itchy to to point of scratching out clumps of fur. …

Dog Vomiting Blood 
My dog is about a 70lb Pit Bull and if not vomiting blood he is drooling blood. He can't eat or drink, and he is so weak that he can't get up on all fours. …

Skin rash on both dogs 
We have two black labs - siblings. Rash on belly to groin and the male (Bear) on arm and legpits. Female's (Nala) not as bad. Seems like it happened over …

Black Mole or Wart on Dog's Leg 
My dog developed a small wart or mole about 2 months ago. Since then it has grown to the size of my index fingernail. It is black, dull and a little bumpy …

Wart on dogs tail 
About two months ago Oreo, our 10 year old spaniel mix, developed a growth on her tail. Its approximately 1/2" in diameter and is located on the top side …

Red itchy rash on our dog's belly and crease of his legs 
Our 4.5 y.o. bichon/yorkie mix (13.8 lb. weight) developed some kind of red rash; few on his belly and on the creases of his front legs. The red rash appears …

Red & brownish rash under my dogs belly 
Symptoms: Head Shaking, Rash on belly & under arm pits - red spots (no pimples or bumps, just inflamed) and brown spots that look like dirt, Licking paws, …

Vegan Dog Has Diarrhea 
My vegan dog has diarrhea very regularly. Sometimes it's just 1 or 2 times a week, but at other times it can come at least once a day for about 5 days. …

Red growth on dog / wart like spot 
Our dog has developed a red wart like growth near the knee joint of his back left leg. It also appears there has been a little hair loss maybe from licking, …

Severe Corneal Adema with Neovascularization in Dog 
8/28 - our 2 year old male shar-pei went in to the vet with a simple corneal ulcer in his left eye. 8/31 - the ulcer was healing nicely. 9/7 - on the …

Click here to write your own.

Red, swollen eye with worsening discharge in dog 
Our dog has a red, swollen eye with discharge that has worsened since yesterday. It is only her right eye. Her left eyes appears wholly unaffected. …

Dog Belly and Leg Fold Rash 
Our dog has developed a rash on his belly. It started about 8 weeks ago, and we gave him prednisone which seemed to clear it up in a few days. But this …

Dog with Shortness of Breath and Pain 
My dog has seasonal allergies (matted eyes, nasal conjestion) and is now drinking large quantities of water and urinating frequently. As of yesterday when …

Dog Possession Aggression 
My dog Buster has started to guard my yellow lab from my other dogs. This seemed to start about the same time we rescued a Yorkie -- 6 months ago. …

Periodic dog seizures and dog scoots his butt  
We have recently noticed our dog, Nute, scooting his butt along the carpet as if his rear end is itching or something. He also has periodic seizures. …

Eye irritation in both eyes while we're on vacation 
Our dog came home from daycare last week with a slight pink eye and greenish goo in corner of eye. Next day we went on vacation and 3 days later both …

Dog Ongoing/Recurring Skin Rash  
My dog has had some form of a recurring rash since I rescued him two years ago. Hello, My name is Sarah and my dog's name is Wally. He's a 9 pound …

My lab's entire body is red 
My dog is lethargic and her entire body is red. I took her to the vet last week for itching and hair loss. They put her on prednisone and cephalexin. …

Out of control dog scratching, hair loss, ear buildup & loss of hair 
My older dog is looking terrible - she scratches incessantly, is losing hair, has scabs and has developed a large lump on her belly. I saved my beautiful …

Wart on Our Puggle's Chin 
We have a 2 year old female puggle that has developed a growth on her chin. We first noticed it about 3-4 weeks ago. The vet saw it about 3 weeks ago and …

Growth on Dog's Lip 
My dog has a sore on her lower lip that looks like a blood blister. It has been there for a month. It initially looked more red, like it was a blood …

Pink Color on Front Legs of Lab 
My 18 month old yellow Lab has pink-tinged skin on his front feet and lower legs (none on back legs). There is no hair loss at all. The color is of the …

My Cats Odd Behavior 
My neighbors got a cat about 1 year ago, as a kitten, who befriended my 10 year old cat. They are always together in the yard, never apart. Last night …

Dog Allergy to Human Dander 
We just had our 5 year old yellow lab allergy tested and the thing she's most allergic to is human dander. The vet said the allergy shots have a 25-50% …

Dog Eye Injury 
Do I need to get treatment for this eye injury, or is it something that will heal itself? I think my 9 month old German Shepherd/Lab mix got a whap …

Wart-Like Growth in Dog's Gum Line 
Three days ago I noticed a pea-sized growth just below my dogs lower teeth, in the gums. It appeared so fast. It looks like a wart, but I don't know if …

Dog Eye Irritation and Swelling 
Problem Summary: My dog has been having a yellowish goopy discharge from his eye, and the third eyelid is showing and looks a little pink and irritated. …

Dog Herpes Virus 
Arielle, our 6 year old toy fox terrier, was diagnosed with the herpes viurs. She has fatty deposits in her eyes and is taking Fucithalmic Ointment as …

Best Dog Food Ingredients for Hot Spots 
What should we feed our dog to help her hot spots? Could changing her diet be the answer? Our 11 month old female Golden Retreiver has hot spots around …

Non-itchy, red inflamed dog rash appeared ALL OVER belly and legs 
My 2 year old female Staffordshire Bull Terrier has developed a rash all of a sudden. But it does not seem to bother her and she does not scratch it. …

Belly and Leg "Rash" on Dog 
I have a 4yr old female chocolate lab (Scout) that has developed a rash over the past week on her back legs, belly and lower chest area. For a background: …

Dog - SARD - Sudden Accute Retinal Disorder - Treatment Options? 
Connor, our male 6 1/2 year old boxer, has just been diagnosed with SARD (Sudden Accute Retinal Disorder). Right now, he's probably 80% blind and degrading …

Mast cell on my male beagles head 
We noticed on July 12, 2010 that our male beagle had a small bump on his head. As the week went on we noticed it getting bigger and on Friday of that …

Dog Skin Rash on Mouth and Neck 
I have a 12 month old female Boxer (Stella) and I have been trying to get on top of her skin rash for the past 6 months. Currently she has a constant …

Inflammed Paw Pads 
Our 14 year old male Shih Tzu has had inflamed paw pads for a couple weeks that sometimes bleed a bit. I have tried soaking them in Epsom salt, and …

Click here to write your own.

Friendly Dog Breeds 
I am interested in getting a dog and would prefer a friendly breed. I like Shelties but am worried the breed is not friendly or is shy to people. Are …

Dog Lump/Tumor on Hind Foot 
I have a 4 year old, 9 lb, female Jack Russell with a quick growing lump on her right hind foot near the toes. It is oval-shaped and the skin has changed …

Red Rash on Dog's Underbelly 
Our 1 yr old male Stephens Cur mix started losing hair about 6 weeks ago on the inside of his legs and belly. Now, as of a couple days ago, he developed …

Eye Concern for English Bulldog 
Problem Summary: Our English Bulldog has developed over the last few hours a bulge in either the white of his eye or in the skin surrounding same. …

Dog Hot Spots 
My golden is 10 months old and had 2 scabs on her head in May. We took her to the vet who diagnosed them as hot spots and prescribed meds and an oinment. …

Raised Scab on Dog's Stomach 
A red dime-sized circle developed in the middle of our Boston Terrier's stomach 3 weeks ago that is now raised and has sort of a dark scab on it. It never …

Rash on belly & down legs & under front leg armpits 
Rash on belly & down legs & under front leg armpits... Boomer's approx. 10 months old, lab/pit mix, rescue dog, 67.1 pounds, we've had him since he …

Are Garlic and Bouillon Dangerous for Dogs? 
I'm concerned about some of your homemade dog food recipes due to the fact that they contain garlic which I have heard can be bad for a dog's health. …

Growth on Back Leg 
My dog's growth started out looking like a tick, then it grew in size, ruptured and bled. It has not bled since and does not seem to bother her, although …

Dog Rash on Stomach 
My Yorkie is a 5 months old female. She has a rash on her lower stomach: it is red, in the shape of circles, and where she scratches (she scratches a lot) …

Dog eye wart, cyst or growth near eye 
We have a 1 1/2 year old lab mix male dog and over the last 2 weeks or so he has developed a growth or a wart near his eye. Can you tell what it is? …

Why does my dog have darkend spots and patches on his coat? 
My dog has darkened spots and patches on his coat. Under the dark areas the skin is a little red. He is a 1 year old Pitt Bull. He is flea treated. …

Rash on Dog's Belly 
My 2 year old Rotti/Lab cross has a very large red and purple rash all over his belly by his genitals and on the inside of his thighs. He hasn't been …

Wart on dog's chin 
My 2 year-old black lab/border collie has this pinkish wart on her mouth/chin. I noticed it about 4 days ago and it does not seem to be getting better. …

Dog Has a Swollen Eye 
My 5 year old English Setter male has his left eye that is swollen and red. Some times are worse than others. It looks like the inner eye lid membrane …

Eye Problem 
What is wrong with Obi's eye and how can we help him? Thanks, Jack

Fluid in Outer Ear of My Dog 
My 5 year old Red Nose Pit's ear filled up with some kind of fluid all of a sudden. The ear is not hot or warm. She does not appear to be in pain, but …

Best Food for My Dog's Recurring Rash 
I have a 2yr old Goldendoodle. I took him to the vet about 3 months ago concerning a rash on his stomach. They told me it was probably caused by his diet …

7 yr old jack russell - sick for about 2 months and no answer 
Help! We have spent $1100 on tests and everything comes back normal, but Archie is slowly slipping away... Archie can hardly make it down the back porch. …

Skin rash/abrasion on belly 
My 3 year old female (spayed) Maltese has developed a small rash (approx 1" in length, .5" in width) on her belly by her back leg. It has appeared within …

Warts On My 13 Year Old Dog 
My 13 year old 15 pound poodle has a dozen warts that she is licking all the time. In addition, recently her throat seems affected. Her diet consists …

Dog Diarrhea and Vomiting but Still Seems Energetic 
My dog PJ is having very large loose bowel movements, part watery, and is apparently regurgitating some foamy stuff too. He is a Chihuahua/Pomeranian …

Small Red Marks on My Dog's Stomach and Groin 
I have a 10 year old Jack Russel Terrier. About 2 weeks ago I started seeing small red marks on is stomach and groin area. He's been licking at them …

Skin Problems Dog 
My 10 yr old male Bichon has been plagued with skin problems (hot spots, inflammation) for most of his life. I would like to try Aloe Vera gel both topically …

Dog Pruritis 
My 8 year old, male, german shepherd has been biting, itching and scratching his groin and paws incessantly for a few days and I noticed today while giving …

Click here to write your own.

Skin Fold Dermatitis 
Our dog had surgery on her belly to remove a Stage-II mast cell tumor. Since then she has had this swelling on her belly creating the folds, that is …

Skin Rash on Belly - Skinfold Dermatitis 
Our female dog developed a red rash on her belly. She is not scratching or licking the area. The margins are well defined and there are no bumps. …

Dog Eye Problem - Third Eyelid Inflammation 
My dog woke up today with lots of "eye boogers" coming out of his eye. The bottom part of the eye sometimes comes up and is pink. Does my dog have pink …

Fleas and Skin Rash 
I found a flea on my dog, but noticed that her skin looks really red and irritated and that she is biting at her legs and scratching a lot. I noticed …

Something's Wrong with My Dog's Eyes - Emergency Situation 
Something is really wrong with my dogs eyes. She won't open them at all, and when she did for a second they are really red and look like they have mucus …

Skin Issues - Superficial Bacterial Infection 
We have a 2 year old mutt, and about a year ago she started losing hair across her entire body and developed scab like bumps on her legs, head, and neck …

Bare Spot on Dog's Elbow - Mast Cell Tumor? 
There is a bare spot on my dog's right elbow, with another bare spot forming on her left elbow. Looks like mange to me. She is a 10 year old female …

Dog Losing Hair / Skin Problem - Hormonal Condition 
My dog's losing hair on both with sides no apparent itching, scaling or dander. No hair loss anywhere else, and the skin appears darker than where there …

Tick Head & Duraflame Eating 
Tick head still in my dog. My dog got a tick when we went camping. My vet sold me some tick treatment to spray on it and said that it should come out …

Wierd Growth On Paw - Malignancy? 
My dog has had a raised pink growth on his paw for over a month. The vet does't know what it is. Also, since having this, he has been itchy all over …

Rash on Underside - Ringworm or Mange 
A rash with hair loss has developed on Bailey's underside over the past few weeks. She is a 1.5 year old neutered female mutt. The rash is right at …

Eye Irritation - Cornea Trauma or Third Eyelid Inflammation 
My 11 year female black labrador has irritated eyes. Her left eye has a tannish black growth on the upper lid the size of a small pea with some 'eye boogers' …

Dog diet change and dirt eating 
I've switched my two dogs to a vegan diet for ethical reasons and wanted advice. Specifically, one of them is digging and eating dirt and I'm concerned …

Skin Rash - Numerous Possibilities 
My dog is scratching and licking himself a lot and I can see his skin is red. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it without going to the vet? …

Dog Eye Irritated & Unequal Pupil Size - Potentially Serious 
Our husky has one eye partially closed as of this morning. The pupil is smaller than the other. Some mucous is forming at the corner of his eye. There …

Growth on Dog's Leg - Wart or Benign Growth 
My 11 year old Border Collie has had this growth on her leg since she was a pup. It has grown in size over the years but not caused a problem. Today …

How to Give Dog Pill 
My vet diagnosed my dog as having a staph infection on his nose. I've been giving him antibiotics in pill form for a few weeks now, but it has been a struggle. …

Red Itchy Rash in Patches Over Most of Body - Mast Cell Tumor, Demodex Mites or a Food Deficiency 
Red itchy rash in patches over most of body for 6 weeks Boxer, female, age 7 years old Symptoms x 6 weeks History of mast cell tumors (low grade) …

Persistent Red Rash on Inside of Dog's Legs - Superficial Skin Fold Dermatitis 
My three year old (approx.) Border Terrier has a persistent red rash on the inside of both legs. The rash is about five inches long on the inside of both …

My Dog Has an Eye Issue - Cornea Scratch or Ulcer 
My two-and-a-half old mixed Flat Retriever/Border Collie dog doesn't want to open his left eye. My wife found him this way when she came home tonight. …

What's wrong with my dog's eyes? - Pannus 
My dog's eyes are very red and irritated and he is having a hard time seeing. Cash is an 8 year old, male Queensland Heeler. I have had my dog on two …

Safe ingredients for dog cookies 
Are all of these ingredients safe for dogs? I'm planning to bake cookies for my dog and have a recipe that includes all of the following: canola …

Dog's Irritated / Itchy Skin (Licking it Bald) - Flea Allergy Dermatitis 
My 7lbs./5 year old, male chihuahua has been licking/biting his legs excessively - more so on the front legs, but has now started on the back legs as well …

Rash Around Mouth Area - Demodex Mange? 
Our dog has a rash around her mouth. It is on the top and bottom. It has been there for about 5 days and does not seem to be getting better. It was …

Dark Dog Skin Rash - Acanthosis Nigricans 
Buster is a 1 yr old Pitbull. He had this rash on both sides of is belly. We put some lotion on them...one went away and the other did not. I don't …

Click here to write your own.

Dog Wart Close to Eye - Could Be a Sign of Numerous Conditions 
The wart is black and quite scabby, about the size of an old one cent piece. It is very close to her eye. She has 2 other large warts on her chest and …

Acupuncture for Dogs for Growth Plate Deformity 
Could acupuncture (or any other holistic treatment) be an alternative to Distraction Osteogenesis for the deformed growth of a growth plate in the left …

Rash on Lower Belly - Superficial Pyoderma 
My dog has had a rash for two days on the lower belly, with small blisters and a circular rash. He is male, 11 months old, half lab/half bulldog and …

Shelter Dog May Have Cancer 
I am thinking of adopting a sweet five year old English Setter from my local no-kill shelter. I saw her today and she is very thin. They have treated …

Red Rash on Underside - Superficial Pyoderma 
My dog has a red rash all over his stomach and chest really bad around his private area..its scabby and looks like its getting worse..I haven't tried anything …

Skin Condition - Shampoo Allergy 
Here are the symptoms: itchy red skin, after one bath, broke out in rash, pustule/pimple like. shaved her a bit. 4 months of rash. small white bumps …

Mammary tumor in 10 yr old, unspayed female sheltie-mix - Holistic Treatment Options 
My dog, Daisy, had a mammary tumor which first appeared about 2 years ago, acorn sized. She just came through heat a few weeks ago, and the tumor has suddenly …

Dog Vomiting - Caused By Medication 
My Siberian Huskey (age 5, 55lbs, male) has been on Prednisolone for 2 weeks for allergies. He has 3 more pills to take, but yesterday he started vomiting. …

Dog Licking Floor - Inhaled Allergens 
My 12-year-old dog Gracie is licking her bed, the floor and sometimes her paws frequently. This behavior is new and started after she received radiation …

Cyst on Dog - Potentially Serious 
My 11 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback, Sammy, developed a grayish black cyst on his side about six months ago. It has never had any oozing or flaking. …

Dog warts on head and front limb 
Warts on my dog's head and front limb - should I be worried? A few months ago I noticed a bump on my 9 year old chihuahua/terrier mix. At first I thought …

Belly and Armpit Rash - Puppy Pyoderma 
My Lab puppy has a belly rash he doesn't scratch too much, but it's getting worst. It's been 4 days since we noticed. We changed to adult food recently …

Red, Itchy Rash - Superficial Pyoderma 
-Dog has a very itchy rash on belly, inner back legs, tail, and back end. It has gotten progressively worse over the past week. -lab mix -6 years old …

Cause of Dog Vomiting 
Our dog won't eat or drink and throws up everything he eats.

Warts Under Chin - Papilloma Virus Caused By Vaccinosis 
My 11 month old puppy Sasha, a purebred Hungarian Vizsla, has developed a cauliflower-like wart beneath her chin that appears to have grown in size. …

Skin Rash on Inside of Legs - Flea Allergy Dermatitis with a Secondary Bacterial Pyoderma 
Elle, Age 11, pure bred Lab. Over the past few months she has had this rash get worse and start to spread. She has been in the same yard for the past …

Losing Hair on Top of Head - Demodectic Mange 
Our Miniature Pincher (who was rescued from a shelter)is losing hair on the top of her head causing her white scalp to show. There is no pattern, like …

Vaccination Schedule 
My shih-tzu is 12 weeks old. I feel like the vet is giving her a lot of shots and I am wondering if they are all necessary or could be spaced out some. …

Skin Lumps/Lesions on Flank - Allergic Reaction or Unhealthy Skin? 
Approx. two weeks ago little bumps appeared on her flank. They grew in diameter and then began appearing all over her body. The bump oozes (no pus) and …

Behavior Problems 
Do you treat behavior problems? My dog Chester is a 2 year old male Jack Russell Terrier. He is very friendly and very active, but seems to become 'overly' …

Chronic Ear Infections 
It seems that ever since he has been about 5 or 6 months old, my Cocker Spaniel has had chronic ear infections. He is 1 1/2 years old (I adopted him when …

Leaking Urine at Night - Urinary Incontinence 
For the past several weeks I have noticed that when my dog wakes up in the morning she is wet around her hind quarters where she has leaked urine. What …

Extremely Bad Skin Problems - Multiple Possibilities 
Sammy Jean, a female black lab, has the worst skin condition/allergies of any dog I have ever seen. She itches her awful smelling skin (smells like dirty …

Brown Spot On Dog's Eye 
My dog Chopper has had some discharge from both his eyes for a couple of weeks now but no redness or scratching, so I figured it was allergies. But the …

Click here to write your own.

Having problems? See the My Online Vet Frequently Asked Questions.

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.