Antronex by Standard Process--Veterinarian Dosage Recommendations

by Vicki
(West Palm Beach, FL)

I have been giving my 54 lb. Polish Lowland Sheepdog 3 Antronex daily during this very itchy time. It has worked miracles for her.

My questions are...

- Should I keep her on this all year long, or only during itchy times?
- Should I slowly decrease as I see her itching less and less?

If this product needs a blood level to work, I hate to stop and start, then have to wait for the proper blood level. I have tried so many things and this is it for us!!! Thanks for the answer.

Comments for Antronex by Standard Process--Veterinarian Dosage Recommendations

My Online Vet Response For: Antronex by Standard Process--Veterinarian Dosage Recommendations

September 6, 2013

Hi Vicki,

Antronex is a great product! It is basically a liver supplement to help the liver remove histamine from the tissues. Therefore, it acts like an anti-histamine.

There are no blood levels to check. In answer to your questions:

1.Should I keep her on this all year long, or only during itchy times?

Just keep her on it during the 'itchy' times.

2. Should I slowly decrease as I see her itching less and less? You can decrease to only 1-2 tablets per day, *OR* you can just stop it if she does not need it. And then start it again, if she needs it.

Also, consider a healthy RAW diet for her. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/10-best-dog-food-options.html. Or combine canned and raw. But a DRY dog food diet will not provide the moisture your dog needs for itchy, allergic skin!

And consider seeking the help of a holistic veterinarian to avoid unnecessary vaccinations. As vaccines can affect the immune system adversely.

Allerplex
by: Vicki

I was thinking of adding Allerplex in addition to Antronex because this week she is especially itchy. In the past couple of months the Antronex has helped, but now she is a mess.

Would the Allerplex added to the Antronex be of any benefit? What might the dosage be of the Allerplex in addition to the Antronex?

She weighs around 54 pounds.. Thanks so much!

My Online Vet Response for: Antronex by Standard Process--Veterinarian Dosage Recommendations

October 9, 2013

Hi Vicki,

Allerplex from Standard Process actually contains Antronex, so you would NOT need to give both.

http://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/Allerplex

The dose for your dog would be the same for Antronex.

One capsule in food two to three times daily as needed for itching and allergies. And decrease as improvement occurs.