Abscess on Dog's Eyelid Bleeds Daily

by Lisa & Tim

Abscess on Dog's Eyelid

Abscess on Dog's Eyelid

About two months ago our dog Hanna developed this mass on her eyelid. It does not seem to bother her but her morning habit (which she has always had) of rubbing and scratching her face causes it to bleed almost daily. The mass grew slowly and is not pussy or liquid filled - we only see blood when she opens it.

Hanna is a 9 year old lab/retriever cross. She leads a very quiet lifestyle with our other dog, an 8 year old golden retriever and our two cats.

We wonder if this mass is a wart or worse, and if it needs to be removed or is there something we can do to help it at least shrink in size.

Thanks, Lisa and Tim

Comments for Abscess on Dog's Eyelid Bleeds Daily

My Online Vet Response for: Abscess on Dog's Eyelid Bleeds Daily

Hi Lisa and Tim,

"our dog Hanna developed this mass on her eyelid. It does not seem to bother her but her morning habit (which she has always had) of rubbing and scratching her face causes it to bleed almost daily"

I am concerned that Hanna will get this mass infected, when she rubs her face and causes it to bleed. It is a benign growth, and homeopathic remedies will take 3-6 weeks if not longer to take effect.

Too many vaccinations have caused this growth to develop, so I advise that you do NOT give her any more. A holistic veterinarian will be able to write an exemption form for no more vaccinations.

For now, you could try topical Thuya occidentalis 1X ointment to apply to the mass one time daily for the next 3 weeks.

If NO response, then consider removal with a local anesthetic.

Or seek the help of a holistic veterinarian for more in-depth 'treatment' using a constitutional remedy.

- Dog Warts
- Dog Skin Conditions