Back to Back Issues Page
Your Dogbook Page & Vet Questions--OPD's Dog Care Monthly, Issue #014
August 15, 2009

Issue #014, August 2009

Stay on top of the latest dog care research and trends for knowledge that will help to keep your dog healthy and happy. Each month's edition of OPD's Dog Care Monthly will include:

OPD's Dog Care MonthlyDog Care News You Can Use - including research, trends, real-life stories, veterinarian advice and any information that we know you'll want to hear to help you take better care of your dog.

OPD's Dog Care MonthlyOrganic Pet Digest Web Site Updates - important additions and updates that shouldn't be missed. We sift through all of our advice and tools and bring to your attention to the best of the best of what's new.

If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and us a big favor and "pay it forward."

If a friend DID forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by clicking here.

In This Issue

Dog Care News You Can Use:

• A Virtual World for Dogs?

Organic Pet Digest Web Site Updates:
  • UPDATE: Your My Online Vet Questions & Visitor Feedback

Organic, Natural and Holistic Dog Care
News You Can Use

A Virtual World for Dogs?

Does your dog have a Dogbook Page? If not, get ready for some fun and very useful resources!

Many of you probably have your own Facebook page or have children who are constantly surfing its seemingly endless pages full of pictures, opinions and greetings. Even if Facebook is not your thing, you have surely heard of it.

But what about Dogbook? Did you know that Facebook allows you to create a whole page devoted to your dog? It’s true… you can upload pictures of your pooch, write a bio of their history, likes, dislikes and even use it to meet other dog’s in your area or all over the world!

Creating a profile page for your dog is not the only “dog friendly” aspect to Facebook. There are many other great ways to get in on the tail-waggin’ fun. For example…

• Do you have any favorite TV shows that are centered around animals? If so, there’s a good chance that the show has it’s very own Facebook page. The new show on Animal Planet titled “It’s Me or the Dog” has a very active Facebook page where fans can get together to talk about the show, watch favorite video clips and read tips on dog training.

• Are you a fan of PEOPLE Magazine? Well, PEOPLE is now available for your viewing pleasure, right on Facebook, where you can find thousands of pictures of celebrities with their favorite animal entourage. Comment on your favorite pictures and share them with friends.

• Want to know what types of dog supply stores are located right in your city? Just do a Facebook search for your area to view any dog store Facebook accounts. They often share great information about the store and show available products.

• If you are the owner of a precious rescue dog, you might be curious about the canine heritage or the mix of breeds that went into making your dog. The Canine Heritage Breed Test has a fan page on Facebook where you can find out information about the testing, plus it’s a lot of fun to go on and look at pictures of different dogs they’ve tested and try to guess their canine heritage.

• Are you fed up with people who don’t pick up after their dogs? If so, you’re certainly not alone and there’s a Facebook page to prove it. ‘No poop left behind’ is a Facebook page where people can get together and rant about the frustrations they feel when people don’t do their part!

• Interested in becoming a part of an animal rescue organization or maybe starting one of your own? Facebook is a great place to find information about rescue organizations plus it’s really easy to start your very own…all it takes is an inspiration and a desire to help animals.
There are hundreds more interesting and fun ways to use Facebook and Dogbook to fill your extra time and meet tons of new friends in the process. If you have been nervous to venture into the virtual world of online profiles, then Dogbook is your chance to join in on the fun while keeping your personal information private at the same time.

To lead the charge, we have just set up a brand new Organic Pet Digest Facebook page. If you already have an account, then leave us a note and become a fan. If you don’t have an account, sign up for Facebook or Dogbook then come say hi!

OPD Web Site Updates

UPDATE: Your My Online Vet Questions & Visitor Feedback

We are happy to see that our new Ask a Vet service has been useful! We’ve had several folks sign up, ask specific dog care questions and receive detailed advice from our conventionally and holistically trained and licensed veterinarians.

Topics have included ear infections, vaccinations, skin problems, urinary incontinence and behavioral issues.

One subscriber emailed and let us know what her experience with the service was like (thanks again for reaching out, Denise!):

“I like this service and have forwarded it to friends involved in a rescue group…

…I found the price very reasonable. The vet's answer was a lot better than I had expected…

…I would certainly use it again!”

Our veterinarians encourage you to use them as a resource not only for serious problems but for any dog care issue…

• You’re not sure whether to be concerned and want to play it safe

• You want a second opinion after seeing your vet

• You just want to make sure you’re caring for your dog in the best way possible in any area of their life – vaccinations, diet, exercise, general health and wellness, chronic issues, you name it.

So don’t be shy - My Online Vet is ready whenever you need us!

Comments? Ideas? Feedback? We'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this zine and tell us what you think!

Back to Back Issues Page