5 HEALTHY AND VEGAN DOGS. LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES.
Hi. I have 5 dogs and since I am vegan so are they. They eat 100% human food and I give them only homemade food.
I DO NOT use any flea medicines, I DO NOT give them any heartworm medicine and starting this year I will NOT be taking them for 'yearly vaccinations' which are harmful and toxic for our pets. My dogs are never sick and have no fleas ever.
This is the way I prepare their food:
1. Soak brown rice, lentils, pinto beans, black eyes peas, black beans and red kidney beans overnight in the water. You can make any combo of beans and lentils as you like also depending on your dog's size.
2. Boil the food along with more water and at least 10-15% apple cider vinegar
3. Add 2-3 cinnamon sticks, turmeric (anti-cancer and antibacterial), cumin, coriander and pinch of salt. You can add some more spices as they are very beneficial and fight off bacteria and cancers.
4. At last, just when you see your beans and rice have softened and boiled completely (30-45 mins), add as many veggies as you like. You can rotate the veggies so your pooch gets all the nutrition and enjoys the food. Add carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, broccolli...and mix. Let the steam and the heat cook the veggies but not too much as you dont want to rid the nutrients.
5. Serve with oil (safflower, grapeseed, flax, coconut or omega) and 2-3 garlic cloves.
For breakfast they all eat toasted oats cereal, wheat bread, banana. Some days they eat freshly prepared whole grain oats with flax seeds and oil.